SaltyCaptain592

Question about K1 Extension

34 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, SaltyCaptain592 said:

Hi Everyone,

I got engaged to my fiance back in January and filed my I-129F in Early February. I got my NOA1 on Feb 14th 2023. Everything so far is good. The only thing I want to ask is this:

1) I might soon be starting Federal Police Academy (This is six months long)

2) With above mentioned situation, I know that after the K-1 is issued, I have six months to go pick her up and bring her here to marry her within 90 days. I have no problem marrying her within 90 days of her arriving in the US. My only worry is if the K1 is issued while im in the middle of police academy. There is no way I can get out of police academy until its complete. Can I request to be given more time to be allowed to go get her and bring her back here?

This is for Pakistan. Please let me know. 

Thanks so much. 

The I-129F will still be pending. Currently, it is taking 13 months to approval. You will be finished with your training long before the petition is approved. 

17 hours ago, SaltyCaptain592 said:

Why should I be worried? My brother did the same thing. 

Your brother or "your brother"? What was his timeline and when did he go through the process and are you sure it was a K1 and not spousal visa

You can see Pakistan timelines here: 

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/k1list.php?cfl=0&op1=4&op2=d&op3=&op4=3&op5=5,6,8,10,11,13,14,15,16,17,18,20,21,22,25,26,27,28,108,110,111,208,210,211&op6=California Service Center&op66=All&op7=Pakistan&dfile=No&adv=0

A member who filed a petition August 2021 just recently interviewed in February 2023 (18 months)

Another member filed a petition June 2021 and interviewed January 2023 (19 months). 

Your partner will probably interview next July 2024 - if you stay on top of things and are able to schedule an appointment - sometimes difficult as interview dates are difficult to come by... 

Good luck! But, don't worry about Academy conflicting with her ability to move here. 

On 5/25/2023 at 3:30 PM, Redro said:

The I-129F will still be pending. Currently, it is taking 13 months to approval. You will be finished with your training long before the petition is approved. 

Your brother or "your brother"? What was his timeline and when did he go through the process and are you sure it was a K1 and not spousal visa

You can see Pakistan timelines here: 

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/k1list.php?cfl=0&op1=4&op2=d&op3=&op4=3&op5=5,6,8,10,11,13,14,15,16,17,18,20,21,22,25,26,27,28,108,110,111,208,210,211&op6=California Service Center&op66=All&op7=Pakistan&dfile=No&adv=0

A member who filed a petition August 2021 just recently interviewed in February 2023 (18 months)

Another member filed a petition June 2021 and interviewed January 2023 (19 months). 

Your partner will probably interview next July 2024 - if you stay on top of things and are able to schedule an appointment - sometimes difficult as interview dates are difficult to come by... 

Good luck! But, don't worry about Academy conflicting with her ability to move here. 

Hey thank you so much. Even if it does happen while I’m in academy, I’m just going to get my parents to chaperone her to academy and marry her over the weekend. 

On 5/25/2023 at 3:07 PM, Family said:

I believe all who go through the Nikkah also know they are married in the eyes of Islamic Law ..and knowingly chose not disclose the ceremony…

Please ask your brother if his fiancé presented any photos of the ceremony at her interview or if she was asked any questions about their ceremonies/ engagement…

So he got engaged than applied for 1-129f/k1. She then did the interview and was issued a k1 visa. After that my brother and family went to go do the nikkah and bring her here for court marriage. This was back in 2015. It happened so fast. Like 7 months from application to legal marriage in states. 

Since you are looking to delay the process, why not marry her now and file for a spousal visa?  You get to have the traditional ceremony there, and she gets to be a permanent resident on arrival?  You could even marry online (Utah Zoom), and then fly there for the traditional wedding?  

Edited by Lemonslice

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.