carlos.arreola

USCIS "My Case Was Approved" 18 years ago, did't follow up

40 posts in this topic

Timeline
On 5/4/2023 at 3:58 PM, Family said:

Worth filing new I-130 w claim to F-2A priority date. 

https://www.ilrc.org/sites/default/files/resources/how_to_recaptureretain_and_utilize_priority_dates_february_2022.pdf

B. When a New Petition May Be Required to Recapture a Priority Date
Based on the language of the DHS regulations, as well as dicta in the Supreme Court decision in Cuellar de Osorio,22 there is a reasonable argument that derivative beneficiary children of LPRs who naturalize, automatically convert to immediate relative beneficiaries, without a new petition being filed by their newly naturalized parent. It is clear that the BIA in Matter of Wang overruled one regulation which required a new petition for aged out derivatives moving from the F2A to the F2B category.

What does it mean exactly? Could this apply to me?

Timeline
1 minute ago, Family said:

Look at the processing time difference between F-1 ( father) and F-4 ( sister) and you can understand which one will get you here faster , in case priority date is not accorded. 
You are right in preparing yourself for not getting priority date because the principal beneficiary ( mom) did not immigrate.

Having both your sister and dad file now, gives you a chance to be covered in case dad passes away …but most importantly will give YOUR ( future) children a chance ….something your dad did not do for your mom and you.

Is it a half sister?

You are right, better now that never. I really hope NVC accepts the F-2A priority date. 

No, she is my biological sister. My dad wanted my mom to give birth to my sister in San Diego.. We live 5 minutes from the border, so....

90% of my family are U.S. citizens.

2 minutes ago, carlos.arreola said:

You are right, better now that never. I really hope NVC accepts the F-2A priority date. 

No, she is my biological sister. My dad wanted my mom to give birth to my sister in San Diego.. We live 5 minutes from the border, so....

It’s USCIS that will determine the priority date on the new petition, not NVC

8 minutes ago, carlos.arreola said:

There are a few people ( USC) that work in San Diego and commute ( live) across the border..glad at least you got to see everyone on a regular basis.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Family said:

It means file and TRY to claim priority date.😇 You can add a few sentences with the claim on the last page of the I-130 and attach a print out of all sources you’ve gathered. 

I am sorry to bother you with this questions, but, F-2A should be applied separately? (There is a section named "Additional Information" which is one of the lasts steps before submitting the form I-130 online).  And by sources you mean alll the information you guys have shared with me? Like for example this:   

B. When a New Petition May Be Required to Recapture a Priority Date
Based on the language of the DHS regulations, as well as dicta in the Supreme Court decision in Cuellar de Osorio,22 there is a reasonable argument that derivative beneficiary children of LPRs who naturalize, automatically convert to immediate relative beneficiaries, without a new petition being filed by their newly naturalized parent. It is clear that the BIA in Matter of Wang overruled one regulation which required a new petition for aged out derivatives moving from the F2A to the F2B category.

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Family said:

There are a few people ( USC) that work in San Diego and commute ( live) across the border..glad at least you got to see everyone on a regular basis.

Yes, I also have a B2 Visa, so I visit them every weekend, or they will come down.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
16 hours ago, carlos.arreola said:

I am sorry to bother you with this questions, but, F-2A should be applied separately? 

No.

Your father will need to file a I-130 for you.  A new one.  It will be category F1.

In it, your father should present the evidence of the old I-130 F2A petition, of which you were a derivative beneficiary.  He would ask USCIS to apply that I-130 PD for this new I-130 for you.  If they do, your PD would be 2005 or earlier (the date the old I-130 was approved).

At the same time, ask your sister to file an I-130 for you, category F4.  This is for backup, in case USCIS does not give you the old I-130 PD and your father passes away before your F1 immigration visa is obtained.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

If you are not yet married, then maybe meeting a US citizen and getting married could be the fastest route.

When I say marriage, I mean a legitimate one where both of you love each other and want to stay with each other. 

The time to meet someone, get to know the person, establish a relationship and then getting married should take less than 5 years. That's definitely less than the potential 10-25 years it could take if your father or sibling files for you.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Advice to find someone to marry when the main discussion is about immigration is subject to issues.

I found relationships difficult enough to find the "one" without factoring in "will she petition me for an immigration visa" into consideration.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.