Timeline
1 hour ago, pietrus1 said:

Concurrent filing for AOS I-485, EAD I-765, and AP I-131 after marrying on a K1

Mailed USPS (Chicago Lockbox): May 1

Delivered: May 2

Text messages: May 5

Some updates

Check cashed: May 8

2 NOAs: May 9 (NOAs from NBC dated May 4)

Sadly, we only received 2 NOAs (for I-765 and I-131). The envelopes were in a pretty nasty state which makes me a bit worried about the NOA for the I-485 (hope USPS didn't lose it/destroy it). Did anyone here had to deal with a similar situation? Should we contact USCIS if we don't get the last NOA in a few days?

I'd say wait a few days for the online access code information, then you'll be able to sign on and see if all your cases were received. Did you put them in the same package?

46 minutes ago, centric23 said:

I'd say wait a few days for the online access code information, then you'll be able to sign on and see if all your cases were received. Did you put them in the same package?

Good answer!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

6 hours ago, centric23 said:

Thanks! I already have all 3 case numbers from the text messages my wife received, so best to my knowledge that also confirms the I-485 was received. But isn't the I-485 NOA the only proof my wife will have of legal status in the US once her I94 from her K1 entry expires in 2 months? Can you print the I-485 NOA from the online portal?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Thanks! I already have all 3 case numbers from the text messages my wife received, so best to my knowledge that also confirms the I-485 was received. But isn't the I-485 NOA the only proof my wife will have of legal status in the US once her I94 from her K1 entry expires in 2 months? Can you print the I-485 NOA from the online portal?

Yes. The notice will be online and you can print from there as well.

25 minutes ago, centric23 said:

Yes. The notice will be online and you can print from there as well.

It's in .pdf form you'll have to download it to your pc then print!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Happy to report w got the access code letter yesterday, 10 days after mailing our application.

Will the USCIS really notify us of any updates via email/text as soon as they're available in the portal (e.g. when the biometrics appointment is scheduled), or do we have to keep checking for updates ourselves?

On a side note, I've noticed that all the evidence we submitted for all 4 forms including the I-864 was lumped under the I-485 case, and there's no evidence listed under the other cases. Also, a few of my pay slips and my tax return transcripts haven't been scanned. Was curious if others have experienced the same thing.

4 hours ago, pietrus1 said:

Happy to report w got the access code letter yesterday, 10 days after mailing our application.

Will the USCIS really notify us of any updates via email/text as soon as they're available in the portal (e.g. when the biometrics appointment is scheduled), or do we have to keep checking for updates ourselves?

On a side note, I've noticed that all the evidence we submitted for all 4 forms including the I-864 was lumped under the I-485 case, and there's no evidence listed under the other cases. Also, a few of my pay slips and my tax return transcripts haven't been scanned. Was curious if others have experienced the same thing.

the access code is the first notification? 
Uscis has received our application on 05.05 but we haven’t heard from them since. Is that normal? 

4 hours ago, ezk said:

the access code is the first notification? 
Uscis has received our application on 05.05 but we haven’t heard from them since. Is that normal? 

No, it's not. Here's our timeline:

Mailed USPS (Chicago Lockbox): May 1

NOAs: May 9-10 (NOAs from NBC, dated May 4)

Online access code: May 11

Did you get the text messages with your case numbers? Did the USCIS cash your check/charge your card? Either way, it's still pretty early

No, it's not. Here's our timeline:

Mailed USPS (Chicago Lockbox): May 1

NOAs: May 9-10 (NOAs from NBC, dated May 4)

Did you get the text messages with your case numbers? Did the USCIS cash your check/charge your card? Either way, it's still pretty early

We haven’t received any text messages or email with the case number. 
i know it’s early but the package is delivered and it seemed weird to wait that much. 

• 2 weeks later...

Our timeline for reference:

Concurrent filing for AOS I-485, EAD I-765, and AP I-131 after marrying on a K1

Mailed via USPS (Chicago Lockbox): May 1

NOAs: May 9-10 (NOAs from NBC, dated May 4)

New Updates:

Biometrics appointment letter was sent out on May 12 and it was scheduled for June 3

Successfully tried an early walk in and completed biometrics today (May 25)

The status for both I-485 and I-765 immediately changed to "Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS" after biometrics

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bahamas
Timeline

We sent ours in on the 22nd to the Chicago location. Haven't gotten any notifications from them yet but the money was just taken out of my account this morning, so we know they got it.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

K2 ftj AOS (3 children)

Mailing Address: Carol Stream, IL

APRIL 29, 2023: AOS Packet Mailed

MAY 1, 2023: Received

MAY 12, 2023: Receipt# received

MAY 12, 2023: Check cash out

MAY 19, 2023: Biometrics was scheduled

JUNE 7, 2023: Biometrics Appointment

MAY 23, 2023: RFE (medical copies) provided each applicant's packet but downloaded another copies into their USCIS acc

MAY 29, 2023: Evidence uploaded. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.