JojoandTomas

MAY 2023 K1 to NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

1,017 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, Kalehua said:

We are at 92 days now waiting for our case number. My first inquiry came back June 29th saying it was waiting for data entry. I’ve sent many public inquiries since then. I just reached out to  NVC research and they told me to make a public inquiry and didn’t help at all. 🤨 Surffice to say, I am pretty disappointed.

I'm so sorry. Seems it's all a matter of luck and some get it before others, just like NOA2.

NVCResearch unfortunately doesn't give out case numbers, they can only locate the petition. At least I am assuming this seeing I don't know anyone that has been successful in getting a case number from NVCResearch, everyone looking for a case number there gets directed to public inquiry.

Your best chances are the public inquiry. Attach your NOA2 and the email on June 29th saying it was received. It's taking unfortunately a week to get a reply now.

February 2022 I-129F K1 Case Status Spreadsheet can be found here.
NVC Timelines spreadsheet can be found here.
NOA1:
Feb 22nd, 2022 | NOA2: May 12th, 2023 (444 days) | NVC Received: July 3rd, 2023 (52 days) | Case number: Aug 2nd, 2023 (82 days) | In Transit: Aug 15th, 2023 (95 days)  | Ready: Aug 17th, 2023 | Medical: Sep 22nd, 2023 | Interview: Sep 26th, 2023

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
1 hour ago, Kalehua said:

We are at 92 days now waiting for our case number. My first inquiry came back June 29th saying it was waiting for data entry. I’ve sent many public inquiries since then. I just reached out to  NVC research and they told me to make a public inquiry and didn’t help at all. 🤨 Surffice to say, I am pretty disappointed.

I'm pretty much in the same situation, it's absolutely exhausting having to deal with wait after wait! 

I really hope you'll get your case number soon, I'm planning to let them know they've had our case for more than a month in my next inquiry, maybe that will help. 

Keep us updated 🤞

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Bh_sarah said:

Your best chances are the public inquiry. Attach your NOA2 and the email on June 29th saying it was received. It's taking unfortunately a week to get a reply now.

Yes, that is what I have done every time and I’ve made several public inquiries and have one ongoing. 

I had hoped NVCReseach would have looked into my case like they have for so many others. But it felt like I got a generic response without them even reading my email. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
5 minutes ago, AnnaDT said:

I'm pretty much in the same situation, it's absolutely exhausting having to deal with wait after wait! 

I really hope you'll get your case number soon, I'm planning to let them know they've had our case for more than a month in my next inquiry, maybe that will help. 

Keep us updated 🤞

Thank you, and I hope you get yours soon as well.

In each inquiry, I’ve mentioned how long we have been waiting and shown the first inquiry response saying it was waiting for data entry. Unfortunately, it hasn’t made a difference for us. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
4 hours ago, Bh_sarah said:

Finally got my case number today through NVC public inquiry. On day 82! 

The case number tells me my case was created yesterday though, so I don't see how I can make the shipment this week. Will need to wait until August 15th.

Matter of luck again. And mine is terrible.

Congratulations! At least you can get into the CEAC system now and track it. I'm on Day 85 now.. Still no case number, and waiting for a public inquiry response from last Wednesday (July 26th). I'm hearing about some people waiting over 120 days for case numbers at the moment, so hopefully we're not still waiting at the beginning of September..

Timeline
3 hours ago, Kalehua said:

Yes, that is what I have done every time and I’ve made several public inquiries and have one ongoing. 

I had hoped NVCReseach would have looked into my case like they have for so many others. But it felt like I got a generic response without them even reading my email. 

Hope you get it soon. Use the AskNVC public inquiry only to get the case number, and make sure to tell them how long you've been waiting and mention all the inquiry replies saying it was received and was waiting for entry in the system. It sucks to keep waiting in the dark seeing NOA2s after yours get shipped. Rooting for you.

NOA1:
Feb 22nd, 2022 | NOA2: May 12th, 2023 (444 days) | NVC Received: July 3rd, 2023 (52 days) | Case number: Aug 2nd, 2023 (82 days) | In Transit: Aug 15th, 2023 (95 days)  | Ready: Aug 17th, 2023 | Medical: Sep 22nd, 2023 | Interview: Sep 26th, 2023

Timeline
3 hours ago, WestHighlander said:

Congratulations! At least you can get into the CEAC system now and track it. I'm on Day 85 now.. Still no case number, and waiting for a public inquiry response from last Wednesday (July 26th). I'm hearing about some people waiting over 120 days for case numbers at the moment, so hopefully we're not still waiting at the beginning of September..

Oh no! I was hoping you'd give us good news that you got the K1-FTP. I am so sorry. I got the reply from my inquiry made on Friday morning today, it's absurd they haven't replied yours from Wednesday. I hope this means they are assigning your case number and didn't want to reply without it, so hoping they're just waiting to get it to reply to you.

It's infuriating how the same problem with USCIS also happens with NVC. I know a perfect chronological order isn't exactly feasible, but I saw a May 22nd NOA2 being shipped yesterday, while there's April NOA2s still waiting for a case number too. There's no order and we're again left in the dark. At least we get to make inquiries, but it's also exhausting. 

You waited too much and I was hoping they prioritized early NOA1s, not the case. I'm rooting for you, though. Hope you give us good news here soon and get shipped on August 15th as well! No more waiting after that!

NOA1:

Hi Guys!

Hope everyone is doing well and hanging in there

We got our NVC case number just this morning via email and its currently in transit to the embassy

I just wanted to clarify something - providing all goes well with the interview and the visa is approved - if I'm understanding correctly my fiancé has 6 months from the date the visa is issued to enter the US (I am assuming the date of visa issuance will be the day of interview, please correct me if I am wrong?) - in other words 6 month time clock starts from the day the visa is issued after the interview, not a different date like when the I129F form was approved, or the date of the medical exam or anything like that - cause I've heard a few different things and am now confused and just wanted to be sure 

Not that we are gonna wait 6 months after the visa is issued, but more for planning purposes, etc

Thanks!

Timeline
12 minutes ago, FaheemGhaida said:

Hi Guys!

Hope everyone is doing well and hanging in there

We got our NVC case number just this morning via email and its currently in transit to the embassy

I just wanted to clarify something - providing all goes well with the interview and the visa is approved - if I'm understanding correctly my fiancé has 6 months from the date the visa is issued to enter the US (I am assuming the date of visa issuance will be the day of interview, please correct me if I am wrong?) - in other words 6 month time clock starts from the day the visa is issued after the interview, not a different date like when the I129F form was approved, or the date of the medical exam or anything like that - cause I've heard a few different things and am now confused and just wanted to be sure 

Not that we are gonna wait 6 months after the visa is issued, but more for planning purposes, etc

Thanks!

Hi! Congrats!
You have 6 months from the medical exam.
The expiring date printed on the visa will be based on the medical date, that is why most people choose to do the medical about 1 week before the interview (depending on the embassy and doctor requirements). If you choose to do it way earlier, then you gotta count the 6 months from there.

Also good to note that in order to be excused from the medical exam during AOS in US, the medical date needs to be done in the year prior to AOS filing.

Example: if your medical was today, August 2nd, you have 6 months to enter to US, so you have to enter before February 2nd. And you need to file for AOS before August 2nd, 2024 to not have go through another medical in US.

NOA1:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Somalia
Timeline
2 hours ago, Mar u said:

Yay! Finally its ready!

Guys check yours too, its all getting ready!🙏🙏🙏

IMG_3669.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Tere2022 said:

Omg me too!

So we just have to wait for them to contact? What should we do while we wait?

When were your cases sent? My case was created July 12th and just sent yesterday.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
36 minutes ago, haxxx said:

When were your cases sent? My case was created July 12th and just sent yesterday.

It was created on July 19…try checking again there might be a delay in the system depending on country…

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.