142 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, Geekosnap said:

Does anyone know if this Documents section on the USCIS online account supposed to be empty? I thought we would be able to see the notices/letters sent so far. This is the first time i have been assigned with an online case number.

I received the online access code in the mail yesterday.

1777291979_Screenshot2023-05-21at8_11_25PM.thumb.png.7c182a04416d2e277e3bd9dd055835af.png

Ours has nothing in it so far. It’s also our first time with the online account. 

I just received 2 mails today: one is the online case number, and the other one is the 48 months extension letter. However, I did not receive the Biometric letter that you guys are talking about.😩 I am just wondering, do I assume that I am going to receive the biometric letter around this week as well?

For most of you guys, it seems it is biometric letter comes earlier than the 48 months extension letter. But I did not see my biometric letter at all. Is this a problem?

Thank you guys for so much supportive voices and such encouraging powers!

Edited by conan789
Typo

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
1 minute ago, conan789 said:

I just received 2 mails today: one is the online case number, and the other one is the 48 months extension letter. However, I did not receive the Biometric letter that you guys are talking about.😩 I am just wondering, do I assume that I am going to receive the biometric letter around this week as well?

For most of you guys, it seems it is biometric letter comes earlier than the 48 months extension letter. But I did not see my biometric letter at all. Is this a problem?

Thank you guys for so much supportive voices and such encouraging powers!

It’s not a problem. You can’t compare your case to every other case, some have their biometrics reused, others don’t. More importantly, letters sometimes don’t arrive at the same time, so you might still get your biometrics letter. Relax!

Naturalization

4/30/2024 Eligible to file for Naturalization

5/18/2024 Filed N-400 online, biometrics reused

5/20/2024 Case is being actively reviewed

Removal of Conditions

4/30/2023   Eligible to file for ROC

5/1/2023     Sent ROC package via USPS

5/4/2023     Package delivered to Phoenix, AZ lockbox

5/9/2023     Received text message confirming receipt, case #IOE....

5/10/2023   Check was cashed

5/11/2023   Case is being actively reviewed

5/15/2023   NOA received in the mail, biometrics reused

Marriage-Based AOS

3/3/2021   Sent application package to Chicago Lockbox

5/25/2021 Biometrics Appointment

7/29/2021 Interview date (Approved on the spot)

8/11/2021 Received Green Card in the mail

2 hours ago, oneoftheunderdogs said:

It’s not a problem. You can’t compare your case to every other case, some have their biometrics reused, others don’t. More importantly, letters sometimes don’t arrive at the same time, so you might still get your biometrics letter. Relax!

Thank you so much for your kind words, which help me relieve a lot of anxiety! Today I also logged into my USCIS account, and I saw all the 3 letters (biometric, online case number, extension receipt) were uploaded there.  I want to know, will USCIS in future upload all the important documents there? I move addresses quiet a bit, so I am wondering will our online USCIS account keep updated for our case? Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
8 hours ago, conan789 said:

Thank you so much for your kind words, which help me relieve a lot of anxiety! Today I also logged into my USCIS account, and I saw all the 3 letters (biometric, online case number, extension receipt) were uploaded there.  I want to know, will USCIS in future upload all the important documents there? I move addresses quiet a bit, so I am wondering will our online USCIS account keep updated for our case? Thanks!

It is important to keep your address current with USCIS. Is it possible to have a PO Box so you don't have to constantly file an A-11 every time you change address? I can't speak for the reliability of the USCIS online account and letters and documents uploaded to it. My letters don't show up there at all...

Naturalization

4/30/2024 Eligible to file for Naturalization

5/18/2024 Filed N-400 online, biometrics reused

5/20/2024 Case is being actively reviewed

Removal of Conditions

4/30/2023   Eligible to file for ROC

5/1/2023     Sent ROC package via USPS

5/4/2023     Package delivered to Phoenix, AZ lockbox

5/9/2023     Received text message confirming receipt, case #IOE....

5/10/2023   Check was cashed

5/11/2023   Case is being actively reviewed

5/15/2023   NOA received in the mail, biometrics reused

Marriage-Based AOS

3/3/2021   Sent application package to Chicago Lockbox

5/25/2021 Biometrics Appointment

7/29/2021 Interview date (Approved on the spot)

8/11/2021 Received Green Card in the mail

1 hour ago, oneoftheunderdogs said:

It is important to keep your address current with USCIS. Is it possible to have a PO Box so you don't have to constantly file an A-11 every time you change address? I can't speak for the reliability of the USCIS online account and letters and documents uploaded to it. My letters don't show up there at all...

Thanks so much for your reminder of PO Box, and I should seriously think about setting up a PO Box. I found that USCIS online account seems to be updated of my case, and it might take a bit longer time for them to upload all your information there. One thing I was very shocked is that I found out in the online system that USCIS has mailed me a 120 days reminder for filing I-751, which I didn’t receive it because of moving…

I received the online number and bio reuse letter on Monday, however have yet to receive the extension letter (although I see it in the online portal), has anybody else had long lags between the two and when should I start getting concerned about it having been lost in the mail? In case it is lost does anyone know how do I go about getting it reissued?

Got the text with case # today :) Check not cashed yet but not worried. Keeping our eyes peeled for the letters in the mail!

♡ K1 ♡

I-129F sent - 3/6/2019

NOA1 - 3/13/2019

NOA2  - 5/30/2019 (no RFE)

Interview - 8/29/2019 

Visa Issued - 12/5/2019 🎉🎉🎉

POE - 2/4/2020 

Wedding - 2/12/2020 👰🏼🤵🏽

AOS ♡

I-485/I-765/I-131 sent - 2/13/2020

NOA1 - 2/19/2020

Biometrics - 3/9/2020

Ready to Schedule GC Interview - 4/20/2020 (no RFE)

EAD/AP in hand - 8/1/2020

GC Interview - 6/22/2021 (RFE, USCIS lost our medical 😡)

GC Approved!!!! - 8/11/2021 🙌🏻🎊

GC in hand - 8/17/2021

ROC ♡

I-1751 sent - 5/19/2023
Case received - 5/22/2023
NOA1 - 6/3/2023 - Potomac Service Center 
GC extension received - 6/5/2023

11 hours ago, mc1992 said:

I received the online number and bio reuse letter on Monday, however have yet to receive the extension letter (although I see it in the online portal), has anybody else had long lags between the two and when should I start getting concerned about it having been lost in the mail? In case it is lost does anyone know how do I go about getting it reissued?

I got the extension letter and online account letter on Monday, but so far I still haven’t received the biometric letter at all. May I know which lockbox did you mail to?

10 minutes ago, conan789 said:

I got the extension letter and online account letter on Monday, but so far I still haven’t received the biometric letter at all. May I know which lockbox did you mail to?

Illinois. If you activate the online account you should see all the documents they were supposed to send you. Biometrics reuse letter should be there if they are getting waived. 

3 hours ago, mc1992 said:

Illinois. If you activate the online account you should see all the documents they were supposed to send you. Biometrics reuse letter should be there if they are getting waived. 

My case also mailed to Illinois!  I also saw all the 3 letters that supposed to mail to my home address been uploaded on the online USCIS account. But I still haven’t received the physical copy of the biometric letter in my mailbox yet. I hope we both receive all our letters in our mailboxes soon!

In addition, in the evidence part of your Online USCIS account, does it show ALL the evidence that you mailed to the lockbox? My online USCIS account only shows a part of the evidence that I mailed to the USCIS, and I kinda worried that my other parts of evidence was left out or lost. How about yours?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.