karishma

april 2023 - filing for parents of us citizen

17 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

i filed for my parents on o saturday 04/22/2023. received the recipt letter on friday 04/28/2023.

i couldnt find anything so creating one. please follow along so we all know where we stand. 

if a new forum is already created for this topic please direct me towards it. thank you,

• 1 month later...
Timeline
On 5/1/2023 at 8:41 PM, Praveen1 said:

are your parents in India or US?

my parents are in India.

checked my parents file status and they both have changed from 11 - 13 months to 6 months. 

I filed online for my mom in the Philippines on 4/06/2023. Processing time changed to 6 months as well. Service center is Nebraska.

New Petition:

Apr 5,  2023: Naturalization

Apr 6, 2023: I-130 for my mother

Apr 6, 2023: NOA1

Apr 9, 2024: Approved

Apr 13, 2024: Sent to NVC

Apr 18, 2024: Received email fr NVC and paid the AOS/IV fee

Timeline
On 6/11/2023 at 1:31 AM, Praveen1 said:

that is awesome that it's 6 months now. Your parents are in India, so they will go for Consular processing at Mumbai. And are you in US or in India now? If you are in India and not working in US, I hope you are aware of proving domicile in U.S.

i live and work in US.  the status still shows 5 and 6 months.

• 2 months later...

Just checked my mom's I-130 status and there's a movement (I filed online on April 6, 2023) It now says,

Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

As of September 7, 2023, we are actively reviewing your Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, Receipt Number IOE9********5. Our records show nothing is outstanding at this time. We will let you know if we need anything from you. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

New Petition:

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Got my approval today.

Checked the status and it says that it's still being reviewed but noticed that the date changed to today, April 9. Signed in to my USCIS account to see an approval file uploaded under documents.

Yay!

New Petition:

14 hours ago, MarryMe987654 said:

Got my approval today.

Checked the status and it says that it's still being reviewed but noticed that the date changed to today, April 9. Signed in to my USCIS account to see an approval file uploaded under documents.

Yay!

Great, congratulations!!!

May I know when did you file your petition?

49 minutes ago, SHIQUILO said:

Great, congratulations!!!

May I know when did you file your petition?

I filed 4/6/2023. One day after my citizenship acquisition.

New Petition:

23 minutes ago, MarryMe987654 said:

I filed 4/6/2023. One day after my citizenship acquisition.

Perfect, thank you for replying.  I filed  my mother's petition on 04/29/23 and my father's petition 04/30/2023. I am hoping to receive good news soon :)

Received a notice today via email that the Case Was Sent To The Department of State.

---------------

New Petition Timeline:

New Petition:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Received an email and a text message from USCIS saying an action has been taken on my case. Logged in to my account to find approval notice under the documents tab. The case status still shows actively reviewing and progress still shows taking longer.

I-130 filed online for parent.

Date filed : 04/11/2023

Approved : 04/16/2024

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.