Jose1028

any help is needed for f1 visa re-entry question

77 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Sierra Leone
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Rocio0010 said:

Probably. He definitely needs to be clearer and user better terms when seeking for help!

Agree, could be an issue with his command of English language. 

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-06-15

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-09-16

NVC Received : 2009-09-22

Consulate Received : 2009-09-28

Packet 3 Received : 2009-10-14

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Interview Result :

29 minutes ago, Kanja said:
36 minutes ago, Rocio0010 said:

Probably. He definitely needs to be clearer and user better terms when seeking for help!

Agree, could be an issue with his command of English language

At times, readers do miss info . Issue of financial stressors were repeated from the start and serve as reason for immediate transfer…even though $$ tuition and all conditions were certified at grant and certainly no surprise.

I am sorry for the loss of your father .,reach out for support to your school mates as you prepare to board flight back. They can walk you through most recent CBP encounters. .I expect there are sympathetic agents everywhere .

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline
2 hours ago, Jose1028 said:

i really want to thank you all for caring and giving me advise. i'm sorry for confusion if i caused so i want to summurize everything again. i hope i'm clear now. 

if you can read it again, give me advise, i would really appriciate. i can explain more if you need to know details.

1 - i'm 24 year old spanish citizen and i went to us embassy to get F1 visa to get my masters at northeastern uni in boston. (masters in criminal justice)

2 - school gave me conditional acceptance because my toefl score was low. condition was to come to boston, finish language school(SCHOOL A) (different than northerstearn, but their partner) and start my program next year. When i went to embassy, the condition was there so i didn't lie or hide it. 

3 - i arrived boston last year(10 days before my class starts). their tution increased a lot, cost of living in boston was more than i guessed so i decided it would cost so much and i wanted to find cheaper option for just language school. 

4 - i researched and found a school in chicago. went to my friends place who went to this school. this school (SCHOOL B) was cheaper, i also found a roommate for a lot less price.

5 - i contacted SCHOOL A to transfer me to SCHOOL B. They did it. I got A NEW I-20 from SCHOOL B.

6 - i have no way of checking transfer process, i just asked my school "if everything is fine" they said "fine you are good"

7 - I went to SCHOOL B for 9 months. no issues. learned a lot. getting ready to take toefl again.

8 - Had to move back to spain for 2 months. i spent a month in spain to find sponsor. now i have it. SCHOOL B gave me a new I20 before leaving us. 

9 - now i have valid F1 visa with SCHOOL A, and I20 from SCHOOL B.

10 - I read it is fine(having f1 visa from another school) and very common to re-enter in this case, but i want to ask you guys. i also read i don't need a new visa. 

I really didn't make any illegal move or mistakes without knowing but i'm dealing with a system i don't know well and im worried something can be missed in all of this.

i was told many students change school, nobody care as long as you have valid visa and valid i20 document and valid student status. now i get different views which makes me worry. 

thanks again, thank you a lot. 

16 hours ago, Jose1028 said:

my master school asked for high toefl degree and i didn't have. so they said i have to go to language school. their school and city was too expensive. i found a cheaper one in cheaper city. that is why i transfered.

after arriving usa with school A visa, i never attended it/started but i transferred within a week to another language school. i checked with school officials to make sure transfer was legal and fine and everyone said they did it right. this is really the whole story of my past. i am 33 year old male from spain. i had to go back to spain after studying 9 months because of family loss.

now i have my I20 from school B(LANGUAGE SCHOOL) and F1 visa(from first school), my question was to learn if i can re-enter without issues.

thanks again.

Not sure if there are two people writing this, but in an earlier post you said you were 33 years old then recent posts say you are 24. Maybe there's a confusion in the facts presented. 

8 minutes ago, AJ2019 said:

Not sure if there are two people writing this, but in an earlier post you said you were 33 years old then recent posts say you are 24. Maybe there's a confusion in the facts presented. 

Same account, different age. (I knew he stated he was 33 initially, thanks for pointing out).

What's going on here @Jose1028?

Edited by Allaboutwaiting

3 hours ago, Kanja said:

Agree, could be an issue with his command of English language. 

sorry it was my mistake. i hope i cleared with my last message. i think you answered my question so thank you.

1 hour ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

Same account, different age. (I knew he stated he was 33 initially, thanks for pointing out).

What's going on here @Jose1028?

it is my fault. i am sorry i am 24.. i don't know how i typed it. i meant to type 24. 

does my age have any impact on my re-entry? 

8 minutes ago, Jose1028 said:

It is my fault. i am sorry i am 24.. i don't know how i typed it. i meant to type 24. 

does my age have any impact on my re-entry? 

No, it has an impact on the perception of the members who read you and are willing to honestly help you. 

It is an odd mistake that can lead us to think you might be lying about that and other details regarding your case.

BTW, why don't you take the TOEFL in Spain?

Edited by Allaboutwaiting

12 hours ago, Jose1028 said:

no i didn't work. i don't have work visa.  i actually got accepted with condition to go to language school, when i went to embassy in spain, i got visa and they knew i am going to language school, not masters first.

so in my case, i transfered to language school from language school. wrong? 

and even if transfer from masters to english school, is this illegal? when i transferred, my school official said this is normal and can be done. 

That is totally different from what you said in your original post though.

4 hours ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

No, it has an impact on the perception of the members who read you and are willing to honestly help you. 

It is an odd mistake that can lead us to think you might be lying about that and other details regarding your case.

BTW, why don't you take the TOEFL in Spain?

hi,

why would i lie about my age? why would i lie about my questions? how will i get answers to my lied questions? i don't understand. sorry i typed it wrong. 

it is not best to take toefl in spain because: my school said i have to be in student status or i'll lose my f1 visa. for staying in status, i have to be a full time student in us. otherwise my sevis will be terminated and i will need to pay the sevis fee and leave usa and reenter to start a new sevis id. this would cost me more (with fees, flight tickets etc.) (my sponsor doesn't pay for this) than just staying here. and my sponsorship is valid only if i'm fulltime student.

Edited by Jose1028

12 minutes ago, Jose1028 said:

hi,

why would i lie about my age? why would i lie about my questions? how will i get answers to my lied questions? i don't understand. sorry i typed it wrong. 

it is not best to take toefl in spain because: my school said i have to be in student status or i'll lose my f1 visa. for staying in status, i have to be a full time student in us. otherwise my sevis will be terminated and i will need to pay the sevis fee and leave usa and reenter to start a new sevis id. this would cost me more (with fees, flight tickets etc.) (my sponsor doesn't pay for this) than just staying here. and my sponsorship is valid only if i'm fulltime student.

You're currently in Spain, right?

If so, after taking the TOEFL there, your university would receive the scores and you'd be able to start the master's as soon as you arrive to the US instead of wasting time at the language school. The master's is the program you actually received the visa for. 

Just now, Allaboutwaiting said:

You're currently in Spain, right?

If so, after taking the TOEFL there, your university would receive the scores and you'd be able to start the master's as soon as you arrive to the US instead of wasting time at the language school. The master's is the program you actually received the visa for. 

yes i am in spain right now. no i can't start my masters until 2023 september. that is when next academic year starts for my degree at the university. that is why i want to stay in status so i don't have to 

1 - reapply for f1 visa,

2 - pay sevis fee again

my sponsor covers all of the cost as long as i'm in us full time student. and i can't afford doing it myself here in spain. why would i miss the chance of learning english in the us?? i

please everyone understand that i would try not go back to chicago for language school if i didn't have to. but everyone here is judging me for doing it. don't want to break laws by not being a student in the us, so i want to follow rules! sorry i may caused cunfusion but i REALLY thank everyone, i can't afford lawyers so you helped me a lot! i just want one more help before booking my flight because i don't want to lose all if i have no chance to enter back to us. my question is simple:

I have a valid F1 visa from my first university. they were happy to transfer me to finish language school so i can come back next academic year. 

I have a valid I20 from my language school

My transfer was done according to laws by school officials

my language school is not fake

Is there a high risk of being denied at the airport? i know nobody can give me guarantee but i just wanted to get an idea.

i hear many people did this with no problem but when i hear some opposite idea, i wonder why?

many people said it is fine to transfer and use OLD visa (not expired, visa from first school) and I20 with second school. i already went through trauma so my anxiety is bad. i am sorry.

that is why i wanted to understand it better here and wrote here.

38 minutes ago, Jose1028 said:

hi, what is totally different? i never worked. i don't have a car. my sponspor directly pays my phone, school and roommate, and i only spend my money for food. 

what did i say differently? 

You changed your initial reason for coming over on a student visa - the MA program at a well known university vs a private run-of-the-mill English language school.

Filed: Country: Sierra Leone
Timeline
15 minutes ago, SalishSea said:

You changed your initial reason for coming over on a student visa - the MA program at a well known university vs a private run-of-the-mill English language school.

OP said several times the English program was a condition of his acceptance to his masters program. Many schools do this. It was just a matter of which English program.

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-06-15

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-09-16

NVC Received : 2009-09-22

Consulate Received : 2009-09-28

Packet 3 Received : 2009-10-14

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Interview Result :

15 minutes ago, SalishSea said:

Just now, Kanja said:

OP said several times the English program was a condition of his acceptance to his masters program. Many schools do this. It was just a matter of which English program.

thank you you are right. i don't understand why people don't understand my story and my question here and why i look as evil here. not sure why i look like i'm doing something wrong.

i din't change my reason to come to usa. my visa was for language school (which was a condition to my masters) and ONLY THING I DID WAS TO GO TO ANOTHER LANGUAGE SCHOOL. SO IT IS A TRANSFER FROM LANGUAGE SCHOOL A TO LANGUAGE SCHOOL B. 

but i don't think anybody has bad intentions here. maybe it was my fault giving too much detail. i typed my age wrong once. unfortunately i didn't get answer to my question but i THANK YOU all everybody anyway. 

23 minutes ago, Kanja said:

If you read through the entire thread, what he said was inconsistent.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.