Nashira

K1 visa interview Amsterdam

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Hi everyone!

We have applied for a K1 visa and our file has been approved and is at the embassy in Amsterdam. We have received an email asking us to provide additional information (passport details, complete DS 160 form). We did that and then didn't hear back. Then I called the embassy and asked what the next step is. She told me that I have to register on the website us visa-info.com. I did that and paid the costs for the visa and scheduled a date. My question is: should I have waited for an official letter from the embassy with instructions or should they schedule a date for me? Or can I leave it this way? My medical exam is also scheduled. I found the information for the right clinic on the website of the embassy. Hopefully you guys can help me... Thank you!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Welcome to the forum!  People will be along to help, perhaps after the slow weekend. :)   In the meantime, see whether "Office Reviews & Info" (dropdown tab atop any VJ page) lends insights.

Your thread is moved from the K-1 Process forum to the Embassy/Consulate forum, because this is purely a consular question.

Good luck!

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

So far you've done everything right.

Just check if your embassy requires you to send the necessary documents - such as the I-134- or you can bring those to the interview. 

Timeline

So it doesn't matter that we didn't get an official letter? I just registered because the lady I talked to on the phone told me to. In previous emails and online I see that people get an official letter... I already have a date now and I scheduled the medical exam myself. I hope I'm doing the right thing. Do you have any experience with the US embassy in Amsterdam

Just now, Nashira said:

So it doesn't matter that we didn't get an official letter? I just registered because the lady I talked to on the phone told me to. In previous emails and online I see that people get an official letter... I already have a date now and I scheduled the medical exam myself. I hope I'm doing the right thing. Do you have any experience with the US embassy in Amsterdam

It does not matter if you received the invitation letter - some applicants never receive it-. You were able to start the process because NVC generated a case number and sent the file to the Embassy/ Consulate. 

We have no experience with the Embassy in Amsterdam, but all K1's are the same - except for what I mentioned before: some embassies require documents to be sent prior interview while others ask the applicant to bring them to the interview-.

There used to be a member that gathered the letters for every Embassy. 

If I can find the Amsterdam one, I'll post the link here. 

Did not find the info I mentioned but I'm tagging a member that interviewed in Amsterdam for the K1.

Hi @brii, could you help the OP with the specifics on the K1 process in Amsterdam? 

Timeline

Thank you :) So you're saying just stick to the plan and go to the interview on the date I picked? Hope they're not gonna change it. I saw online that we have to bring the I134F to the interview. That would be awesome if we can see the letter from the embassy to know for sure we didn't 'skip a step'. 

6 minutes ago, Nashira said:

Thank you :) So you're saying just stick to the plan and go to the interview on the date I picked? Hope they're not gonna change it. I saw online that we have to bring the I134F to the interview. That would be awesome if we can see the letter from the embassy to know for sure we didn't 'skip a step'. 

Absolutely stick to the dates you scheduled already.

The documents you need to get ready are (based on what I can remember) : petitioner's proof of US citizenship, filled and signed I-134 and supporting evidence, police certificates from the countries you've lived for more than a year since turning 16 and not sure how many passport sized photographs. And also bring evidence of ongoing relationship- they might not even see it but bring it-.

Hopefully the member I tagged can share exactly what she needed for the visa interview in Amsterdam.

• 3 weeks later...

Can you confirm if this was a problem? I haven't heard back in 2.5 months and some change after submitting the DS-160, and signed checklist. I am uncertain if applying on the website is the proper next step as it says that if you do not have an invitation letter your appointment will be canceled on the day of the interview. 

Edited by thomas1

Timeline

Hi Thomas, sorry for my the late reply 😅. I have my interview on April 25. So I can tell you for sure after.. A few members on Visajourney told me it's not gonna be a problem. I never got an email back after I sent the signed checklist and DS 160 form. I just paid and scheduled the interview on usvisa-info. I don't think you're gonna hear back from them so I think you should just schedule a date..

Edited by Nashira

1 hour ago, Nashira said:

Hi Thomas, sorry for my the late reply 😅. I have my interview on April 25. So I can tell you for sure after.. A few members on Visajourney told me it's not gonna be a problem. I never got an email back after I sent the signed checklist and DS 160 form. I just paid and scheduled the interview on usvisa-info. I don't think you're gonna hear back from them so I think you should just schedule a date..

No worries. Alright if you would keep me posted it would be very much appreciated. Since it's only two days then I think I will wait to make sure.

For now I wish you good luck with your appointment! 

• 1 month later...
Timeline
On 4/23/2023 at 9:17 PM, Nashira said:

Hi! How did it go? Was it a problem? Our case now says ready but I do not have the letter yet. Should I go ahead an make the appointment? And how did you sign the checklist and DS-160 as you mentioned here? Sorry for the many questions!

Timeline

Hi, it went well! You don't need the letter to schedule an appointment. Just make sure you fill out the DS 160 because you need the confirmation code to make the appointment. If you need any help just let me know. Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.