JojoandTomas

APRIL 2023 K1 to NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

370 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, Bikenm said:

Hi folk,
My fiancé had her interview this morning and was granted k1 visa. It literally took us 572 days in total from NOA1 to finish line.
I hope everybody gets to hear the good news soon. Best wishes to all!

Congratulations 🎉🎊…. Please what were some of the questions asked? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
21 hours ago, Bh_sarah said:

Try to see what other people do in Mexico. Sometimes following official information and procedures only cost you time.
This is what I got from the embassy's website: https://mx.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee-visas/f-apply-step3/ - You schedule it yourself online.

What we do in Brazil is just go ahead with the DS-160 and interview scheduling on AIS (Mexico uses the same system). We schedule it a month or so ahead so we have time to receive official consulate communication before the interview, but we do it before getting the email from them. Or else we'd be wasting time and losing interview dates.

I mean, no way for them to know the beneficiary email to be fair to email them because it's not on I-129F. If you have a lawyer, the email may be on G-28 though. I got my welcome letter 6 days after my case was ready but it was because of the lawyer's G-28 form and my email was on it. Other people that didn't use a lawyer got the email about 15-20 days later, and my guess is that the embassy gets this email from DS-160 (which is a failure because "fill and submit DS-160" is the first step on the email they send us).

But don't take my word on it, some embassies are stricter and will cancel interviews if you don't wait. That's why I'd say to get in touch and research what other people in Mexico are doing.

Yeah I've looked everything over many times, the site that you schedule on is very clear that you should not schedule the interview until you receive the letter, so we are still waiting... :(

I also posted last week asking about the wait time for the letter for my embassy but got no replies.

Edited by chelzbellz
additional information

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, chelzbellz said:

Yeah I've looked everything over many times, the site that you schedule on is very clear that you should not schedule the interview until you receive the letter, so we are still waiting... :(

I also posted last week asking about the wait time for the letter for my embassy but got no replies.

Wow, sorry. I saw your post on the Mexico portal and yes, no answer.
I did research a bit here and found this: 

But you will see it's from 2016.

I would contact the embassy and see if they have your case there/if you can proceed. Did you already fill DS-160? I know it's risky to schedule the interview without much guidance, but as a last resort, I'd do it and leave enough time for the embassy to contact you like mentioned in the thread above.

February 2022 I-129F K1 Case Status Spreadsheet can be found here.
NVC Timelines spreadsheet can be found here.
NOA1:
Feb 22nd, 2022 | NOA2: May 12th, 2023 (444 days) | NVC Received: July 3rd, 2023 (52 days) | Case number: Aug 2nd, 2023 (82 days) | In Transit: Aug 15th, 2023 (95 days)  | Ready: Aug 17th, 2023 | Medical: Sep 22nd, 2023 | Interview: Sep 26th, 2023

Timeline
17 hours ago, Bh_sarah said:

Wow, sorry. I saw your post on the Mexico portal and yes, no answer.
I did research a bit here and found this: 

But you will see it's from 2016.

I would contact the embassy and see if they have your case there/if you can proceed. Did you already fill DS-160? I know it's risky to schedule the interview without much guidance, but as a last resort, I'd do it and leave enough time for the embassy to contact you like mentioned in the thread above.

Yes, we did the DS-160 pretty shortly after the Ready status. I've tried calling the embassy but can't get through to anyone, just gives another number that I have to try later today and hope I get some answers. There are options for lawyers and congress members, but I don't have either of those to assist me lol
Very frustrating. My fiance has also called the applicant help number but they could only give us generic information, nothing specific to our case. Last week I sent an email to the address listed for the visa appointment service, but still waiting for a response.

Timeline

Welp, that number I got had the exact same options, so no luck there. I did however manage to find an inquiry form for CDJ, so submitted an inquiry there (https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeVfgiNz1651bJFw8-3cSF2IBMIwXMZpUF3CodoSIhc6XW3SQ/viewform) but looks like it'll take at least a week to hear back. Fingers crossed once again.

On 8/28/2023 at 7:50 AM, Adaobi23 said:

Congratulations 🎉🎊…. Please what were some of the questions asked? 

Thanks, Interview was very short maybe like 5 minutes long. 
They ask:
1. How did you guys meet?
2. Any wedding plans?
3. Where does your fiancé work?
There are some more questions that I don't remember off the top of my head. Overall These are pretty standard questions.

I-129F Package Sent to USCIS: January 28, 2022
NOA1: February 02, 2022
NOA2: April 04, 2023
NVC Case Number Received: June 27, 2023
NVC Sent to Embassy: July 03, 2023
Embassy Received Case: July 10, 2023
Packet 4 Received: July 11, 2023

Interview Scheduled: August 28, 2023

Timeline
On 8/29/2023 at 9:07 AM, chelzbellz said:

Welp, that number I got had the exact same options, so no luck there. I did however manage to find an inquiry form for CDJ, so submitted an inquiry there (https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeVfgiNz1651bJFw8-3cSF2IBMIwXMZpUF3CodoSIhc6XW3SQ/viewform) but looks like it'll take at least a week to hear back. Fingers crossed once again.

We have an update - got a response and strangely enough, it sounds like the K-1 process at CDJ at this point in time is to wait for them to schedule it, even though everything online says we'll use that website... either way, I'm just relieved to know we didn't miss the letter or anything :)

image.thumb.png.8cb8f8249c2a50e1f058a1f38d9890e3.png

Timeline
17 hours ago, chelzbellz said:

We have an update - got a response and strangely enough, it sounds like the K-1 process at CDJ at this point in time is to wait for them to schedule it, even though everything online says we'll use that website... either way, I'm just relieved to know we didn't miss the letter or anything :)

image.thumb.png.8cb8f8249c2a50e1f058a1f38d9890e3.png

Interesting.

Maybe they need to contact you first to let you know you can schedule it on AIS. Have you tried just by chance making an account there using your NVC case number? I've seen some people try and get a message like "this case isn't ready" (though the CEAC said it was). Maybe the embassy will let you know when it is indeed possible for you to go there and schedule it yourself.

Just thinking to myself here, honestly no idea! Even though Mexico seems like a busy spot for K1, I don't seem to see many filers from there here or online.

NOA1:
Feb 22nd, 2022 | NOA2: May 12th, 2023 (444 days) | NVC Received: July 3rd, 2023 (52 days) | Case number: Aug 2nd, 2023 (82 days) | In Transit: Aug 15th, 2023 (95 days)  | Ready: Aug 17th, 2023 | Medical: Sep 22nd, 2023 | Interview: Sep 26th, 2023

Timeline
1 hour ago, Cheesehead22 said:

Hello! We got our numbers back from nvc today after inquiry. I'm very happy! 

I'm concerned however as we didn't receive any number for her child that was listed on the k1 application. 

How do I fill out the ds160 for her child without his own Id number?

IMG_2387.jpeg

I assume you have your case number, right? You don't need invoice IDs for K1. No need to have them for DS-160 or to check your case on CEAC.

NOA1:

5 minutes ago, Bh_sarah said:

I assume you have your case number, right? You don't need invoice IDs for K1. No need to have them for DS-160 or to check your case on CEAC.

They didn't send me anything labeled Case Number. Maybe that's why I'm confused...

They sent me an Invoice ID and beneficiary I.D. and said they will notify me when it's forwarded to the embassy

Maybe I jumped the gun

Timeline
36 minutes ago, Cheesehead22 said:

Are they supposed to send me two case numbers? One for my fiance and one for her dependant? 

I don't even know why NVC sends out IDs if they are useless to us.
Case number starts with 3 letters representing your embassy + 10 numbers. You didn't get that?
I am not used to K2s, but I think it's one case number for them all, but you'll need to fill out one DS-160 for each applicant.

NOA1:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.