Aria_Hasan

Questions on Filing for Spouse

6 posts in this topic

Timeline

Hello, everyone! My name is Aria.

I am 22 years old. I am a U.S. citizen. I got married to my husband in July 2022 in Bangladesh. He is a Bangladeshi citizen. I have the intention of applying for him to come here so we can be together.

My parents are not aware of this marriage, as I have gotten married to him secretly. His family, however, does know and supported our decision completely. I am just not sure how to bring him here as everything seems so confusing. I know I am to file a I-130 form but I had a few questions. I am a student and my income is very low, as I am a part-time student but I do have a friend who meets the requirements to sponsor him. What kind of proof would they require to establish that this marriage is legit? We have a marriage certificate and marriage pictures. He is a student as well and does not have his own bank-account and after researching, I read that they may look at shared bank accounts? We do not have that. What other proofs might they consider as "legit"?

Please give me any help or advice! Thanks a lot!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

They understand that newly weds will not have that sort of evidence when they live on different continents.

Your best evidence is the visits made and time spent together, hopefully you have kept receipts, photos etc.

In the meantime study the guides so you are familiar with the process.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

2 hours ago, Aria_Hasan said:

Hello, everyone! My name is Aria.

I am 22 years old. I am a U.S. citizen. I got married to my husband in July 2022 in Bangladesh. He is a Bangladeshi citizen. I have the intention of applying for him to come here so we can be together.

My parents are not aware of this marriage, as I have gotten married to him secretly. His family, however, does know and supported our decision completely. I am just not sure how to bring him here as everything seems so confusing. I know I am to file a I-130 form but I had a few questions. I am a student and my income is very low, as I am a part-time student but I do have a friend who meets the requirements to sponsor him. What kind of proof would they require to establish that this marriage is legit? We have a marriage certificate and marriage pictures. He is a student as well and does not have his own bank-account and after researching, I read that they may look at shared bank accounts? We do not have that. What other proofs might they consider as "legit"?

Please give me any help or advice! Thanks a lot!

That is a high fraud consulate, so you will want to have spent as much time together in person as possible, especially since your family is not aware/supportive of your marriage.    You don't need shared bank accounts, but why, as an adult, does he not have a bank account?  

Also, the consulate may deny that joint sponsor.  Financial qualification is not the only consideration.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

How many times have you been to see him?  For how many total days?  Passport stamps, are your primary evidence of being in Bangladesh with him, so you will have those, even if no boarding passes and receipts.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

• 3 weeks later...

[ came to this site after a long time and many things changed since my time.  Please excuse me if some of my knowledge aren’t current anymore. ]

How did you get married?  Did you go to any Kazi office to register your marriage or called a religious leader who put you together?

try to see if you can get Nikahnama, marriage certificate, affidavit from at least 4 people who witnessed this marriage.

you can also collect all the post marriage documents.  Your travel to Bangladesh, proof of being there with him that includes picture, your communication logs (phone logs, chat logs, etc).

this is a tough road for you when your family isn’t aware but not an impossible thing.  The more document you can find is better.  The story of your marriage would matter the most, how you/your spouse narrates it.  Best of luck 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.