Nody

N-400 March 2023 filers

171 posts in this topic

I filed my n400 online on march 7th, my biometrics was completed on the March 30th and since then I have not heard anything about the interview. The status says actively reviewing. I have checked timeline for multiple cases on visa journey and most of the applicants received the interview notices in May or first week of June. Do I need to be worried at this point?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline
19 hours ago, M Z said:

I filed my n400 online on march 7th, my biometrics was completed on the March 30th and since then I have not heard anything about the interview. The status says actively reviewing. I have checked timeline for multiple cases on visa journey and most of the applicants received the interview notices in May or first week of June. Do I need to be worried at this point?

Sorry to hear! Are you comparing to cases in the same field office? It is possible yours is dealing with more cases

Here in Chicago, we get our interview notice about 6 weeks after biometrics -- though somehow it still has not been mailed after over 2 weeks, or USPS lost it. But at least we have the PDFs.

US entry :

GC issued :
CIS Office :

2016 (me, H-1B) / 2017 (her, H-4)

2018-06-20

Chicago IL

Date Filed : 2023-03-22

NOA Date :

Bio. Appt. Notice :

2023-03-22

2023-03-24

Bio. Appt. :

2023-04-13

Interview Notice :

Interview Date :

Oath Ceremony :

2023-05-24

2023-07-13 (approved)

TBD

23 hours ago, M Z said:

Is your field office NYC? I'm in a similar boat. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, M Z said:

Yes comparing it to the same field office :( I am super worried now as I was not expecting such a long delay. My mother is sick and I had to sponsor her asap but with this delay things don't look very good. Do you think I should call them?

Sorry to hear about your mother

Not sure calling will help, others might be able to weigh in on that.

As for your mother's medical care - even once you naturalize it will still be months at the earliest for the sponsorship process. Hope she is getting the proper care in your home country!

US entry :

GC issued :
CIS Office :

2018-06-20

Chicago IL

NOA Date :

Bio. Appt. Notice :

2023-03-22

2023-03-24

Bio. Appt. :

2023-04-13

Interview Notice :

Interview Date :

Oath Ceremony :

2023-05-24

2023-07-13 (approved)

TBD

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 6/11/2023 at 7:16 PM, M Z said:

It's been just three months. I have been waiting since December last year. Be patient and I will eventually happen

2 hours ago, skapali said:

It's been just three months. I have been waiting since December last year. Be patient and I will eventually happen

Patience is the key! But when you see others in the same Field Office getting their interview letters, it’s only natural to get a bit nervous, as to what’s wrong.

hope yours gets processed soon

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Haiti
Timeline

Apply: 03/17/23 online

receipt notice:  03/18/2023

Biometric: 03/24/2023, scheduled for 04/10/2023

Biometric: completed 04/10/2023

Interview scheduled: 06/13/2023, scheduled for 07/19/2023.

I am in Brooklyn, NY. I just received a notification that My interview is scheduled for July 19th, 2023 at 26 Federal Plaza, New York, NY. I’m in shocked that the application moves so fast. Now it’s time for me to study. 

9 minutes ago, Polocitizen2023 said:

Apply: 03/17/23 online

receipt notice:  03/18/2023

Biometric: 03/24/2023, scheduled for 04/10/2023

Biometric: completed 04/10/2023

Interview scheduled: 06/13/2023, scheduled for 07/19/2023.

I am in Brooklyn, NY. I just received a notification that My interview is scheduled for July 19th, 2023 at 26 Federal Plaza, New York, NY. I’m in shocked that the application moves so fast. Now it’s time for me to study. 

That’s amazing! Congrats!!! I’m also NyC and my bio was on 4th April. 
did you get and email/text from uscis website or did you check the website 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Haiti
Timeline
2 hours ago, allotherstaken said:

That’s amazing! Congrats!!! I’m also NyC and my bio was on 4th April. 
did you get and email/text from uscis website or did you check the website 

I use an app called uscis case tracker. I use the free version. It automatically track your case for you when there’s an update it send you an instant notification. It save you the hassle of checking your case every second on the uscis website. 

I'm getting nervous.

Field Office - NYC, Queens Borough.

Submitted March 3/16

Bio 4/4 

Still under review.
I've seen on this forum and trackitt folks with their bio 1 week after me, have got their interview notices around Jun 9-12th for end of July. 

This is making nervous if somethign is wrong with my application. Not sure being Indian makes a difference in N400 process. Not sure, if others have seen this happen with them.

2 minutes ago, allotherstaken said:

I'm getting nervous.

Submitted March 3/16

Bio 4/4 

Still under review.
I've seen on this forum and trackitt folks with their bio 1 week after me, have got their interview notices around Jun 9-12th for end of July. 

This is making nervous if somethign is wrong with my application. Not sure being Indian makes a difference in N400 process. Not sure, if others have seen this happen with them.

I’m Indian too, if that helps. I don’t think that makes a difference in the process. I applied around 3/15 and had my interview on the 13th. I’m in Kansas though, I’m sure yours will come through as well! Hang in there

Timeline
12 minutes ago, allotherstaken said:

I'm getting nervous.

Submitted March 3/16

Bio 4/4 

Still under review.

Hang in tight! FWIW in Chicago, I see other cases that filed three months earlier than us (in December) getting similar interview dates (in July), so... we don't know what are the factors involved, and there is nothing to do but wait.

Try not to check too often - I normally just check weekly, and otherwise I just try to put it out of my mind.

US entry :

GC issued :
CIS Office :

2018-06-20

Chicago IL

NOA Date :

Bio. Appt. Notice :

2023-03-22

2023-03-24

Bio. Appt. :

2023-04-13

Interview Notice :

Interview Date :

Oath Ceremony :

2023-05-24

2023-07-13 (approved)

TBD

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.