drago6817

No address advice for form I-129-F

13 posts in this topic

Hello,

I am preparing form I129-F but my fiancée does not have a street address for her residence in the Philippines. For the mailing address we can use her neighbors house who has already agreed(I'm assuming this is ok?) but I am not sure what to put for the residence address? 

When she asked her landlord, he showed her a census  sticker from 2015/2018 that does have:

Enumeration Area Number

Building serial number

Housing unit serial number

Household serial number

Are any of these (alone of in combination) usable as the residence address on the I-129F?

I have thought about just describing where , like "through the brown gate next to the lotto store on X road, then through the blue gate" but I'm not sure if that would get rejected

Has anyone faced this problem before, and If so what was the solution? (Note: I've tried to explore the avenue of getting her an apartment with an address and even offered to pay for it but it doesn't seem to be an option for her right now)

Thank you very much for any insight you might have into this situation,

Nick

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I dont understand why doesnt she have an address when she is living in an apartment that obviously has a landlord. The landlord should know the address of the building she is living now. Why dont she ask the Landlord whats the address in that apartment and then add the household serial number which is basically the house number. 

By the way, is that her permanent residence? Does she have an ID or passport? Whats the address in her ID?

20 hours ago, drago6817 said:

Hello,

I am preparing form I129-F but my fiancée does not have a street address for her residence in the Philippines. For the mailing address we can use her neighbors house who has already agreed(I'm assuming this is ok?) but I am not sure what to put for the residence address? 

When she asked her landlord, he showed her a census  sticker from 2015/2018 that does have:

Enumeration Area Number

Building serial number

Housing unit serial number

Household serial number

Are any of these (alone of in combination) usable as the residence address on the I-129F?

I have thought about just describing where , like "through the brown gate next to the lotto store on X road, then through the blue gate" but I'm not sure if that would get rejected

Has anyone faced this problem before, and If so what was the solution? (Note: I've tried to explore the avenue of getting her an apartment with an address and even offered to pay for it but it doesn't seem to be an option for her right now)

Thank you very much for any insight you might have into this situation,

Nick

What address does she use when ordering from Lazada?

Nothing gets mailed to the beneficiary anyway.  Just put the information on the form as best you can.  I just put the name of the Purok and Barangay on my petition.

Edited by IWander

An apartment building may have a name?  Street and nearest corner or cross street gets used sometimes. For some addresses in the provence we just put barangay.  Consensus was that if anything ever was to be delivered there, the delivery man would probably just ask some random person sitting beside the road where the family lives.  

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• December 17, 2020:  Married in Costa Rica
  • March 08, 2021: Filed l-130s Online
  • March 09, 2021: NOA1
  • April 26, 2021: NOA2, I-130s Approved
  • April 30, 2021: NVC Received
  • May 01, 2021: Pay AOS and IV Bills
  • May 06, 2021: Submit AOS, Financial Docs and DS-260s
  • May 14, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Stepdaughter
  • May 21, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Wife
  • June 25, 2021: NVC review for Stepdaughter, RFE submit additional Doc
  • July 08, 2021: Wife Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • August 31, 2021: Stepdaughter Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • September 15, 2021: Received Interview Date from NVC, October 05, 2021
  • September 22, 2021: Passed physicals at Saint Luke's Extension Clinic
  • October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.
  • October 05, 2021: CEAC status changed to "Issued"
  • October 07, 2021: Passports tracking for delivery on 2GO Courier website
  • October 08, 2021: Passports with visas delivered.  "Visas on hand"
  • October 08, 2021: Paid Immigrant Fee
  • October 12, 2021: Temporary CFO Certificates Received
  • October 26, 2021 POE arrival at LAX
  • November 02, 2021 Social Security Cards arrive in mail
  • January 31, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Is Being Produced"
  • February 04, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"
  • February 07, 2022: Green cards received. 

On 3/12/2023 at 7:01 PM, Davemira said:

I dont understand why doesnt she have an address when she is living in an apartment that obviously has a landlord. The landlord should know the address of the building she is living now. Why dont she ask the Landlord whats the address in that apartment and then add the household serial number which is basically the house number. 

By the way, is that her permanent residence? Does she have an ID or passport? Whats the address in her ID?

It's not really an apartment she lives in, but she does have a landlord.

Household serial number is equivalent to address? The landlord did provide a census sticker that has that information, is this enough to include on the form?

Her passport just lists Purak and Barangay.

On 3/13/2023 at 3:23 PM, IWander said:

What address does she use when ordering from Lazada?

Nothing gets mailed to the beneficiary anyway.  Just put the information on the form as best you can.  I just put the name of the Purok and Barangay on my petition.

I asked her and she uses "near XXXX lotto store, Purak XXXX, Barangay XXXXX" to order from Lazada. Is that sufficient? Should I also include the household serial number from above? It sounds like I may be overthinking this.

On 3/13/2023 at 6:33 PM, top_secret said:

An apartment building may have a name?  Street and nearest corner or cross street gets used sometimes. For some addresses in the provence we just put barangay.  Consensus was that if anything ever was to be delivered there, the delivery man would probably just ask some random person sitting beside the road where the family lives.  

No name of the building, it's sort of like a makeshift apartment. That it's gone through with just Barangay makes me feel much better.

Thank you VERY much everyone for replay it has been super helpful. I think I am overthinking this, and if I've read the above replied correctly I should just list:

household serial number, Street, Purak, and Barangay

and that should be sufficient?

Thank you again everyone.

1 hour ago, drago6817 said:

It's not really an apartment she lives in, but she does have a landlord.

Household serial number is equivalent to address? The landlord did provide a census sticker that has that information, is this enough to include on the form?

Her passport just lists Purak and Barangay.

I asked her and she uses "near XXXX lotto store, Purak XXXX, Barangay XXXXX" to order from Lazada. Is that sufficient? Should I also include the household serial number from above? It sounds like I may be overthinking this.

No name of the building, it's sort of like a makeshift apartment. That it's gone through with just Barangay makes me feel much better.

Thank you VERY much everyone for replay it has been super helpful. I think I am overthinking this, and if I've read the above replied correctly I should just list:

household serial number, Street, Purak, and Barangay

and that should be sufficient?

Thank you again everyone.

You are best served by not over thinking and following the KISS theory.  Nothing is EVER mailed to the beneficiary so it really doesn't matter what you put.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/26/2023 at 11:49 AM, GinoNiña said:

You are being scam brother. Stay away from her ASAP!,,,

Nothing in the OP's description suggests his fiancee is a scammer.  It is very common in many regions in the Philippines to not have house numbers or traditional address formats.

Timeline
54 minutes ago, Chancy said:

Nothing in the OP's description suggests his fiancee is a scammer.  It is very common in many regions in the Philippines to not have house numbers or traditional address formats.

Well everyone is saying good stuff. OP need to hear bad stuff as well. So he can make a decision. 
being born and raised there I smell anomaly. My point is let’s not give him all the good stuff. 
Im not saying she is a scammer. I take it back. She is maybe hiding something. She is unable to give out her physical address is not ok in this day and age. 
she already making his head spin with just her  location alone. Can you imagine if they get married. This is my take. OP make final decision. I’m not here to stop his romantic endeavors. 

7 minutes ago, GinoNiña said:

She is unable to give out her physical address is not ok in this day and age.

His fiancee is able to give her actual physical address.  Per OP's post above, "I asked her and she uses "near XXXX lotto store, Purak XXXX, Barangay XXXXX" to order from Lazada."  Addresses identified with just their "Purok" and "Baranggay" are acceptable as far as the US embassy in Manila is concerned.

On 3/28/2023 at 9:59 AM, GinoNiña said:

Im not saying she is a scammer. I take it back. She is maybe hiding something. She is unable to give out her physical address is not ok in this day and age. 

I built a house in Philippines.  My address is nothing more than:

Purok xxxxxxxxx

Barangay CotCot

Liloan

Cebu

My wife and my house are very REAL

Timeline

I stand corrected OP. Two members  has proven me wrong. But before you continue on your journey, try  to send her a simple hello card to  see if she gets it. 

You must do a video call with her before proceeding. If she gives you excuses  move to the next one in your list.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.