JojoandTomas

MARCH 2023 K1 to NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

399 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
31 minutes ago, PakistaniRussian said:

As soon as you have your case number, you can technically fill out your DS-160. Doing it before for your case is in ready status will have no problems. The only thing you can't do at most embassies is your medical and interview appointment scheduling before your case is ready. Everyone I spoke to already filled out their DS-160 before their case was ready (myself included). Just be sure to take your time and fill it out. 

I second that. You can fill the DS-160 at any time after your NOA2 to be fair, you just need the WAC number. It doesn't expire after submitting it, but make sure all the info you filled there will be valid and current for the interview (no name & address changes, passport renewals, new trips, etc).

I feel it's not that difficult to fill that I would need to do it before my case is "ready". And I also need the DS-160 application number to book the interview and pay the fees in my specific embassy, so I will just fill it out then. I honestly have no rush, it's not as difficult or as time-consuming as it looks. But if you want to get it done now, feel free to.

February 2022 I-129F K1 Case Status Spreadsheet can be found here.
NVC Timelines spreadsheet can be found here.
NOA1:
Feb 22nd, 2022 | NOA2: May 12th, 2023 (444 days) | NVC Received: July 3rd, 2023 (52 days) | Case number: Aug 2nd, 2023 (82 days) | In Transit: Aug 15th, 2023 (95 days)  | Ready: Aug 17th, 2023 | Medical: Sep 22nd, 2023 | Interview: Sep 26th, 2023

I've been wondering, would asking the NVC why a case hasn't been forwarded yet (when the embassy isn't backlogged) be legitimate? Like is that something we can do. Or alternatively, do you think the embassies could/would assist us in requesting the case be forwarded?

Apologies if my anxiousness gets annoying. I'm worried about the holiday tomorrow since it falls on a shipping date.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Pangoleen said:

I've been wondering, would asking the NVC why a case hasn't been forwarded yet (when the embassy isn't backlogged) be legitimate? Like is that something we can do. Or alternatively, do you think the embassies could/would assist us in requesting the case be forwarded?

Apologies if my anxiousness gets annoying. I'm worried about the holiday tomorrow since it falls on a shipping date.

I would send them a message, it doesn't hurt to ask. Waiting over a month to ship out usually means there's a backlog at your embassy, but it could be another reason. My case has been in transit for 26 days to Turkey (although all last week there was a holiday break), so I understand your frustration and anxiousness.

I-1295F Sent - 12/31/2021

I-1295F NOA 1 - 01/07/2022

I-1295F NOA 2 - 03/17/2023

USCIS Shipped to NVC - 5/12/2023

NVC Received -  5/15/2023.

NVC Case Number - 5/31/2023

NVC Left: 6/8/2023

Ready At Embassy: 7/5/2023

Medical Exam: 8/14/2023

Interview Date: 8/17/2023

Flight to USA: 8/30/2023

Marriage: 9/13/2023

AOS & EAD NOA1: 10/16/2023

Bio Appt: 11/08/2023

EAD Approved: 01/06/2024

Green Card Approval ETA: 02/13/2024

4 hours ago, Pangoleen said:

You and I were in the same boat but ours just changed today to “in transit” so I am sure yours will be also. I feel your anxiety. Hang in there! 

Checked back in with USCIS today because others in my FB group, including one that had their petition returned by NVC on the same day as me, have learned that their cases have been sent back to NVC days ago. USCIS gave me the copy/paste response to this question, so I am reaching out to NVC Research. Some learned that it had been sent in live chat with USCIS (seems to be up to the agent somehow), but others learned from contacting NVC directly even though the case status was never updated. Fingers crossed. 

On 7/3/2023 at 8:31 PM, Pangoleen said:

Your prediction was correct, finally 😄

Thank you for the encouragement, and congratulations as well!

Yay! I saw Austria on the list and came straight here haha. I got an email saying shipped July 3 but it’s really July 5😅. But we are on the way!!!🥳

CEAC status updated today. 

U.S. Department of State
IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION
Ready
Immigrant Visa Case Number: ANKxxxxxxx
Case Created: 14-Jun-2023
Case Last Updated: 05-Jul-2023

Your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section. If you have already scheduled an appointment for an interview, please prepare your documents as directed in your appointment letter and appear at the consulate on the appointed date and time. Otherwise, please wait until you have been notified of your interview appointment. Additional information about how Immigrant Visa interview appointments are scheduled can be found at: http://nvc.state.gov/interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

My Fiancée's K-1 interview was on June 29th at the US Embassy in Bangkok.  She is from Myanmar, but has lived in Thailand for 16 years.  She obtained a Thailand Police clearance which was submitted with her package and given to the consular officer on the date of her interview.  She was told her visa was approved after the interview, but then was called the next day and asked about living in Thailand.  

Today the consular officer e-mailed, and it appears she is in 221G administrative processing.  They requested a Myanmar (Burma) Police Certificate, which the only way to get is to travel back to Myanmar and apply in person.  With the current issues in Myanmar she would have to travel through technically a war zone to get to her village, which is not a burmese village but a Karen village.  

Anybody have some information on how she could get the police clearance without risking her life to do so.

Timeline
6 hours ago, ThailandR said:

My Fiancée's K-1 interview was on June 29th at the US Embassy in Bangkok.  She is from Myanmar, but has lived in Thailand for 16 years.  She obtained a Thailand Police clearance which was submitted with her package and given to the consular officer on the date of her interview.  She was told her visa was approved after the interview, but then was called the next day and asked about living in Thailand.  

Today the consular officer e-mailed, and it appears she is in 221G administrative processing.  They requested a Myanmar (Burma) Police Certificate, which the only way to get is to travel back to Myanmar and apply in person.  With the current issues in Myanmar she would have to travel through technically a war zone to get to her village, which is not a burmese village but a Karen village.  

Anybody have some information on how she could get the police clearance without risking her life to do so.

I am so so sorry. Can you try posting this as its own topic on the general topics (K1 process and procedures)? Probably more people will be able to help. 

NOA1:
Feb 22nd, 2022 | NOA2: May 12th, 2023 (444 days) | NVC Received: July 3rd, 2023 (52 days) | Case number: Aug 2nd, 2023 (82 days) | In Transit: Aug 15th, 2023 (95 days)  | Ready: Aug 17th, 2023 | Medical: Sep 22nd, 2023 | Interview: Sep 26th, 2023

Timeline
7 hours ago, ThailandR said:

I researched a bit and it seems even if it was not dangerous for her to go back, she wouldn't be able to get one anyway. Canada official website has a page about police certificates needed for immigration there too and they say:

"You can’t get a certificate unless you’re a resident. If you don’t live in Burma (Myanmar) anymore, you don’t provide a police certificate from there. If you’re asked for a police certificate from Burma (Myanmar), write: “I cannot provide a police certificate for the time I spent in Burma (Myanmar) because certificates are only available to people who currently live in Burma (Myanmar).”

However, note that US Department of State document reciprocity website says:

"Police certificates must be obtained from the Burmese township police station of your primary residence. Only one Burmese police certificate is required.  For persons residing overseas, the most practical way to obtain the certificate is through close relatives or friends still in Burma."

Does she have any close relatives or friends there yet? Seems honestly like a hardship for them to go after this for her in a dangerous war time. Can she communicate to the embassy in Thailand so they reconsider it due to the dangerous situation/not able to get it digitally from abroad?

Do still post this on the general topic. Maybe other people managed to get one/managed to get approved without one.

NOA1:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I got my case number today (finally!!) and wanted to confirm that this LND number is all I need to file the DS 160. I believe I need an invoice number to create the CEAC account but I can file now with this, correct?

Screenshot_20230706-211721~2.png

Timeline
10 minutes ago, JoshKT21 said:

I got my case number today (finally!!) and wanted to confirm that this LND number is all I need to file the DS 160. I believe I need an invoice number to create the CEAC account but I can file now with this, correct?

Screenshot_20230706-211721~2.png

Congratulations!!!

You don’t need the case number to fill DS-160. They only ask for the WAC number. If you will need it for interview scheduling, that’s embassy specific info and I don’t really know.

What you can do with this case number is to track your case status on CEAC. No invoice ID required. Just select immigrant visa (K1 is not immigrant, but in this part, it’s how it works).

Edited by Bh_sarah

NOA1:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 7/5/2023 at 10:12 PM, Zz6938 said:
CEAC status updated today. 

U.S. Department of State
IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION
Ready
Immigrant Visa Case Number: ANKxxxxxxx
Case Created: 14-Jun-2023
Case Last Updated: 05-Jul-2023

Your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section. If you have already scheduled an appointment for an interview, please prepare your documents as directed in your appointment letter and appear at the consulate on the appointed date and time. Otherwise, please wait until you have been notified of your interview appointment. Additional information about how Immigrant Visa interview appointments are scheduled can be found at: http://nvc.state.gov/interview

Congratulations!!! Now can you schedule or do you have to wait for a formal letter / email

or interview date?? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.