D. Sala

I-751 March 2023 Filers

483 posts in this topic

Just now, Bavarian91 said:

I dont even worry about that... the Greencard one two years ago was a piece of cake. If you are in a legitimate marriage you have nothing to worry about. I was sleepless for days and It was so calm and understanding. 

Yep ours was as well, they asked 3 questions and we were good to go, not worried about the interview i just dont like the stress that comes with it but if it happens it happens :) 

I think if you're marriage is authentic/bona fide there's really nothing to be stressed about. Probably stressed on what kind of USCIS Officer handles your case. Some are super nice and easy and some just like to give people a hard time.

Divorce waivers are stressful tho because they have higher chances of thinking your marriage isn't real. Burden of proof lies with you and what you send to convince them you entered the marriage because you love each other and not for the GC.

Your stress is only valid if you're actually in a fake marriage. LOL

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Hi guys. Glad to be one of your troop . Here is the timeline :

03/31 received 

04/04 credit card was charged 

04/05 received the notification receipt starts with IOE 

04/07 case was actively reviewed

that’s it . Strait forward.Will update soon 

Hi All, Glad to be part of a long and painful journey with all of you again. 😂

03/31 Package sent
04/03 Package delivered in Carol Stream Lockbox (USPS)
04/06 Case was received (IOE0920).

AOS                                                                                            ROC

02/20/2020 - AOS package sent to USCIS                          03/31/2023 ROC Package sent to USCIS
02/22/2020 - Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox      04/03/2023 Package delivered in Carol Stream Lockbox
03/12/2020 - Text notifications received                            04/06/2023 Text notifications received
03/16/2020 - Received NOAs in the mail

05/29/2020 - Received I-693 courtesy letter

08/11/2020 - Completed biometrics appointment

08/25/2020 - EAD card production ordered

06/29/2021 I-485 Interview in New York, NY

06/29/2021 I-485 Approved

Hello!

03/12 i-751 sent

03/16 package delivered

03/20 uscis text message

04/01 48 months extension letter

04/07 biometrics appointment schedule letter

I have 2 questions people:

1. Is it normal that I need to take biometrics? Why is everyone getting letters saying their old biometrics will be reused and I need to take it?

2. How do I find out which service center processes my case?Because the case number starts with "IOE"

1 hour ago, zorzor said:

Hello!

03/12 i-751 sent

03/16 package delivered

03/20 uscis text message

04/01 48 months extension letter

04/07 biometrics appointment schedule letter

I have 2 questions people:

1. Is it normal that I need to take biometrics? Why is everyone getting letters saying their old biometrics will be reused and I need to take it?

2. How do I find out which service center processes my case?Because the case number starts with "IOE"

1. I'm not sure why some people get a 'biometrics reused' and others not. My assumption is that it has to do with the how long it was since biometrics were last taken, but I'm not sure. 

2. You can find your service center on the bottom of your NOA1 (the 48 months extension letter). It should tell you where it is processed. 

43 minutes ago, Fenja said:

1. I'm not sure why some people get a 'biometrics reused' and others not. My assumption is that it has to do with the how long it was since biometrics were last taken, but I'm not sure. 

2. You can find your service center on the bottom of your NOA1 (the 48 months extension letter). It should tell you where it is processed. 

Thank you!

Its said on the bottom:

National Benefits Center

U.S CITIZENSHIP IMMIGRATION SVC

P.O Box 648003

Lee's Summit MO 64002

So how to understand what's the service center?

2 hours ago, zorzor said:

Thank you!

Its said on the bottom:

National Benefits Center

U.S CITIZENSHIP IMMIGRATION SVC

P.O Box 648003

Lee's Summit MO 64002

So how to understand what's the service center?

That sounds like the National Benefits Center is your service center. I didn't know they process I-751s... I know some I-751 get transferred to the NBC after you file your N-400, but I didn't know they also process them before that. 

3 hours ago, Fenja said:

That sounds like the National Benefits Center is your service center. I didn't know they process I-751s... I know some I-751 get transferred to the NBC after you file your N-400, but I didn't know they also process them before that. 

yeah, that's weird.. and there is no way how to check processing times :(

4 hours ago, Fenja said:

No idea of this is true, but I read somewhere that NBC often takes over in cases where N400 has been filed or the case possibly requires a deeper analysis by USCIS for some reason. Who knows, you may end up getting yours processed much faster than all of us stuck at service centres!

1 hour ago, TeddyFazBear said:

No idea of this is true, but I read somewhere that NBC often takes over in cases where N400 has been filed or the case possibly requires a deeper analysis by USCIS for some reason. Who knows, you may end up getting yours processed much faster than all of us stuck at service centres!

"case possibly requires a deeper analysis by USCIS" actually this doesn't sound very well for me xD

Edited by zorzor

Howdy y'all,

I sent in my application on 03/27 via UPS to Phoenix, AZ and it was received by CHASE (Chase Bank???) on 03/29 in the early morning. I sent along a G-1145 and so I expected a text in about 5 days (as per everyone's experience), but haven't gotten any news yet. It's now been 10 days and I'm getting a tiny bit worried. Another reason for my worry is that their address for filing via UPS changed only a day later to Tempe, AZ, so they might have gotten mixed up or lost my application... I suspect they could just ignore the G-1145 and send the letter instead, but it seems like the majority of people on this forum and Reddit received texts with no issue.

Important note to make is that I added a money order, and I did check - it was cashed, just not sure when exactly. Any ideas? Is this normal? 

Hi all, 

Joining the March group too:

3/27 received date

3/31 online access code letter generated

4/1 48 month extension letter date

4/8 received the extension letter in the mail

I haven't heard anything regarding biometrics appointment and my online status has always been "case has been received and a receipt is sent", so it was a nice surprise to receive the extenstion letter today, 

P.S., anything knows how to update the ROC timeline? I couldn't make any updates oddly, 

Thanks!

On 4/7/2023 at 1:06 PM, Magna said:

Hi All, Glad to be part of a long and painful journey with all of you again. 😂

03/31 Package sent
04/03 Package delivered in Carol Stream Lockbox (USPS)
04/06 Case was received (IOE0920).

04/08 The Status has changed "Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS."

I guess biometrics are likely to be waived. 

BTW, I'm not a native English speaker, so I'm not sure the "actively" of what I use is similar to the "actively" of what Americans typically use. 🤔

AOS                                                                                            ROC

02/20/2020 - AOS package sent to USCIS                          03/31/2023 ROC Package sent to USCIS
02/22/2020 - Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox      04/03/2023 Package delivered in Carol Stream Lockbox
03/12/2020 - Text notifications received                            04/06/2023 Text notifications received
03/16/2020 - Received NOAs in the mail

05/29/2020 - Received I-693 courtesy letter

08/11/2020 - Completed biometrics appointment

08/25/2020 - EAD card production ordered

06/29/2021 I-485 Interview in New York, NY

06/29/2021 I-485 Approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.