Samir Mohamed

I-130 Approved- Thanks God

30 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Comoros
Timeline

Hello Everyone, I am new here. I am born in Comoros Islands but I am  US Citizen. I apply for my wife the I-130 on February 2, and it was approved today February 16, thank God. but I have a question and need your help, please. I have 2 children with my ex-wife. 1 was born 6 months before  I become a US citizen and the second one after. Now with my current wife, we have a newborn who has 2 months. so my question is, what and how can I do to bring my kids with my current wife when she is coming here?

Thanks for your help

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

The magic phrase is CRBA, you need to notify the local consulate of your child's birth, get a Passport.

Most likely the send child is also a US Citizen.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
18 minutes ago, Boiler said:

The magic phrase is CRBA, you need to notify the local consulate of your child's birth, get a Passport.

so even the one that was born 6 months before I become a citizen?

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Samir Mohamed said:

so even the one that was born 6 months before I become a citizen?

Probably not

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
1 minute ago, Samir Mohamed said:

Can I write the office where was my petition to ask them to add my kids to my case before they send my case to National Visa Center (NVC)?

No

If the child is a USC not relevant and if not there are no derivatives

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
1 hour ago, Samir Mohamed said:

Can I write the office where was my petition to ask them to add my kids to my case before they send my case to National Visa Center (NVC)?

You can write, but the child that was born before you were a US Citizen, needed their own I-130 petition.  If you did not file it, file it now.  You can delay National Visa Center processing of your wife's case until the child's catches up.  

In the meantime to Consular Report of Birth Abroad for your two children entitled to US Citizenship directly through you.

The difference between what happens with your wife and the first child, is that your wife gets a green card upon entry, and the child gets US Citizenship.  After entry, you apply for the child's passport.  That child gets an IR2 visa, where wife gets IR1.  

Sorry to hear you didn't do your homework before filing.  You are probably looking at a 1 year delay.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
8 hours ago, pushbrk said:

You can write, but the child that was born before you were a US Citizen, needed their own I-130 petition.  If you did not file it, file it now.  You can delay National Visa Center processing of your wife's case until the child's catches up.  

In the meantime to Consular Report of Birth Abroad for your two children entitled to US Citizenship directly through you.

The difference between what happens with your wife and the first child, is that your wife gets a green card upon entry, and the child gets US Citizenship.  After entry, you apply for the child's passport.  That child gets an IR2 visa, where wife gets IR1.  

Sorry to hear you didn't do your homework before filing.  You are probably looking at a 1 year delay.

Wow, Thank you so much, So to avoid this delay I can wait that my wife comes and get her green card and then I send the  I-130 petition for my child that was born before I become a citizen. that will work? before waiting again 1 year more is too much. I need my wife here as soon as possible. the child has almost 8 years old so I think I do have the time to petition him or am I wrong?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
16 hours ago, Boiler said:

Question: normally, USC have to have resided in the US for 5 years to pass on citizenship.  For a newly naturalized USC, do the previous years as a PR qualify as such?  Just attempting to learn :) 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

3 minutes ago, mam521 said:

For a newly naturalized USC, do the previous years as a PR qualify as such?

Yes -- US physical presence on any status counts, even time spent in the US as a tourist.

Timeline
7 hours ago, Samir Mohamed said:

Wow, Thank you so much, So to avoid this delay I can wait that my wife comes and get her green card and then I send the  I-130 petition for my child that was born before I become a citizen. that will work? before waiting again 1 year more is too much. I need my wife here as soon as possible. the child has almost 8 years old so I think I do have the time to petition him or am I wrong?

That will work, but you can also file the child's I-130 now and just proceed with the two visas separately.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
1 hour ago, Chancy said:

Yes -- US physical presence on any status counts, even time spent in the US as a tourist.

I was a bit surprised but it is what it is. Now they will expect you to be able to document everything and that has caused problems.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Chancy said:

OK, but do you see this changing the first child's process in any way?   What's the relevance?

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.