mamoko

What do they check for in blood test for medical exam

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Learn More About Green Card Medical Exams & Drug Tests (jacksonwhitelaw.com)

"The standard exam does not include a drug test, but it involves urine and blood screenings that are known to catch certain drugs in your system. Generally speaking, urine tests are known to pick up “soft” drug usage within the previous two weeks, while blood tests may pick up hard drugs (though they rarely do in practice).

In addition to these standard screenings, the doctor will also ask for relevant health information, which may include drug use. If the doctor suspects that you have used illicit drugs based on your history, behavior, or physical appearance, the doctor may order a random drug screening at their discretion. The doctor can issue as little as 24 – 48 hours’ notice for a random drug screening, so they are extremely difficult to anticipate or prepare for."

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline

Is there a certain drug you are worried about? 

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
9 hours ago, mamoko said:

Yes, I'm on two drugs for anxiety but those drugs are also anti-psychotic and I'm concerned about how that makes me and my case look

Any blood or urine tests would not be an issue.  I'm sure that information will be discussed during the medical history part of the exam.  I don't see any issues.  Good Luck.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

I just did my exam and they did a blood test and an X-ray 

blood test results says V.D.R.L test NEGATIVE

The VDRL test is a screening test for syphilis. It measures substances (proteins), called antibodies, which your body may produce if you have come in contact with the bacteria that cause syphilis.

14 minutes ago, MMDG said:

I just did my exam and they did a blood test and an X-ray 

blood test results says V.D.R.L test NEGATIVE

The VDRL test is a screening test for syphilis. It measures substances (proteins), called antibodies, which your body may produce if you have come in contact with the bacteria that cause syphilis.

could you let me know how soon after the blood test you got the results and if they tested for anything besides syphilis? also what questions did they ask at your exam?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline
12 minutes ago, mamoko said:

could you let me know how soon after the blood test you got the results and if they tested for anything besides syphilis? also what questions did they ask at your exam?

I’m not sure if they tested for anything else with the sample of blood they took,but it doesn’t say they tested for anything else on my unsealed medical report they gave me.

they called me from the clinic the next day to pick it up.

they asked me general question like how many surgeries I had

if I had the chicken pox as a kid and do I have any health problems and they they did an eye test then I was sent to do a chest X-ray.

they gave me a sealed document of the chest X-ray and said to not open it and use it at port of entry once travelling to USA.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Get your doctor who is prescribing your medication to write a letter about your diagnosis and and medication. 

In your medical you are going to be ask questions about your health history and mental health. They will also ask about drugs and alcohol history. Be truthful to all questions and then hand him/her the letter from your own doctor. 

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.