R_3

N-400 February 2023 Filers

264 posts in this topic

N400 filed Feb 2.  Biometrics Feb 23.  Interview April 6.  Oath ceremony notice mailed today, April 11.  Oath ceremony May 12, Albuquerque NM.  Party tonight.  Bigger party May 12!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
39 minutes ago, Mountainside said:

N400 filed Feb 2.  Biometrics Feb 23.  Interview April 6.  Oath ceremony notice mailed today, April 11.  Oath ceremony May 12, Albuquerque NM.  Party tonight.  Bigger party May 12!

Congratulations, very well done! Have a blast

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

We had biometrics on Mar 3 and got a notice today (Apr 14) that our interview is May 31st in Milwaukee, WI! Very exciting that it's going quickly!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Submitted my application on 2/8/2023 thinking it would take 14-16 months,  very surprised to get an interview appointment for 5/15/2023! It's been almost 6 years since I started the K-1 process but this still feels like such a big step, crazy!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 4/5/2023 at 1:43 PM, springguy said:

Hi, that sounds strange. May be your can try one of these two things?

1. Try a different browser (or computer) to work with.

2. Try clearing your browser cache.

Hello!! thank you for answering me, I did try a different browser and it worked!

finally I filed but I am an april filer!

good luck with your filing!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 4/11/2023 at 9:10 AM, I.Kat said:

I had the same problem, SO FRUSTRATING!! I tried to file on Tuesday and it just kept going. Even tried to restart the form completely and it didn't work. I checked on their system maintenance and it was supposed to happen last Wednesday/Thursday so I waited  was able to file online on Friday with no hiccups :) 

Thank you!! I finally did it too!!!!

did we all pay $725 only? I somehow thought it should be $1,100usd.

20 hours ago, 4uscitizen said:

Hello Guys. I am from New Jersey. N400 Filed on Feb 24th. Biometrics done on Mar 27th. Still waiting for the interview. Any NJ folks in the group in similar boat ? Just want to see how is it going for NJ filers. Thanks

We are on the same boat. My biometrics were done on March 1, after I filed n400 in the first week of Feb. there has since been zero movement. Just waiting, while I see many folks from other places/states already having interviews scheduled. What’s your local field office? Mine is Mount Laurel, nj. I am hoping we get interview notice in May and be done with it by June. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

N400 filing timeline 2023 

Filed online- Feb 15th

Biometrics appointment- March 9th 

We’re Actively reviewing your case- March 9th 

Nothing since then…

Any Louisville KY filers in-house? 

Timeline

FO - Houston , 5yrs employment based GC holder 

My wife and I had our interview today. We were both slotted at for the same time, but interviewed by different IO.

We are applying as 5 years GC holder (employment based )

After the usual process of biometric and waiting, I went in first. Officer just wanted to see my letter, state ID, GC and passport. Civic test, reading writing  were completed -all easy peasy. Moved on to N400 form - verified name address date of birth marriage children etc. After few yes no Qs, made me sign the oath of allegiance on ipad. All very positive, only so far! 

He printed the letter and as he was ready to approve, the system was not allowing him to approve and would just hang. He tried multiple times and he couldn't complete the approval process. Apparently this is a common occurrence especially for afternoon interviews in Houston (per IO, by the time it is afternoon, EST, CST and PST offices are in full swing and system performance can degrade significantly). End result checked on passed the test but a decision cannot be made at this time. 

He said, there is no need to worry, his supervisor will have to do a review and will get approved in a day or two and then he should be able to update in the system.

I came out, and my wife was still waiting to be called.  She got called within five mins, by another IO. The IO asked for letter, GC and State ID and no passport. Interview was cake walk, personal information verification and few yes no Qs, signed oath of allegiance. And same thing repeated for her as well - IO was not able to mark the case as approved and system just hung. She also got the decision cannot be made checked in the letter and officer said it should get approved in couple of days and said do not lose any sleep over it. 

So here we are, both sitting tight with fingers crossed. If any of you have gone through, please share your experience.

I will keep y'all posted when it changes .

Timeline
17 hours ago, springguy said:

FO - Houston , 5yrs employment based GC holder 

My wife and I had our interview today. We were both slotted at for the same time, but interviewed by different IO.

We are applying as 5 years GC holder (employment based )

After the usual process of biometric and waiting, I went in first. Officer just wanted to see my letter, state ID, GC and passport. Civic test, reading writing  were completed -all easy peasy. Moved on to N400 form - verified name address date of birth marriage children etc. After few yes no Qs, made me sign the oath of allegiance on ipad. All very positive, only so far! 

He printed the letter and as he was ready to approve, the system was not allowing him to approve and would just hang. He tried multiple times and he couldn't complete the approval process. Apparently this is a common occurrence especially for afternoon interviews in Houston (per IO, by the time it is afternoon, EST, CST and PST offices are in full swing and system performance can degrade significantly). End result checked on passed the test but a decision cannot be made at this time. 

He said, there is no need to worry, his supervisor will have to do a review and will get approved in a day or two and then he should be able to update in the system.

I came out, and my wife was still waiting to be called.  She got called within five mins, by another IO. The IO asked for letter, GC and State ID and no passport. Interview was cake walk, personal information verification and few yes no Qs, signed oath of allegiance. And same thing repeated for her as well - IO was not able to mark the case as approved and system just hung. She also got the decision cannot be made checked in the letter and officer said it should get approved in couple of days and said do not lose any sleep over it. 

So here we are, both sitting tight with fingers crossed. If any of you have gone through, please share your experience.

I will keep y'all posted when it changes .

•  

It was approved, and status changed to Oath ceremony will be scheduled for both of us (Wife's status changed yesterday around 6pm and my status changed today). So all good, waiting for oath ceremony!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.