bigpotatoes

Taking Documents to Interview

7 posts in this topic

I apologize in advance if I'm posting in the wrong section or if this was answered before.

What is the best way to take documents to the interview? In other words, original documents and evidence like boarding passes, receipts and tickets, photos, chat logs - should this all just be put in a manilla folder and taken? Should it be in a binder? Should it be in plastic sleeves? Any ideas how it should be taken to the embassy? Altogether, it is a lot of documents and does not seem easy to carry. I recall reading somewhere binders are not allowed but maybe it depends on the embassy. Specifically this would be for Mumbai.

I use what I called harmonica folder bag with a lot of section. I also I prepped 1 whole package ( all photocopy) with tabs on the side and use jumbo black binder clip to hold it, to give it to the IO and they can pick and choose themself. The tab detail I put it on top of the stack. When I went to the interview I told her, this is the evidences please take whatever you need. She took it all 500 pages. 

Edited by Misscloud

9 minutes ago, Misscloud said:

I use what I called harmonica folder bag with a lot of section. I also I prepped 1 whole package ( all photocopy) with tabs on the side and use jumbo black binder clip to hold it, to give it to the IO and they can pick and choose themself. The tab detail I put it on top of the stack. When I went to the interview I told her, this is the evidences please take whatever you need. She took it all 500 pages. 

That sounds like a great idea, thank you so much for sharing.

If I understand correctly, you used a large harmonica folder to organize all the different original evidence. And then separately you had a complete photocopy of everything, sorted with tabs, and held together with a clip?

Edited by bigpotatoes

34 minutes ago, bigpotatoes said:

I apologize in advance if I'm posting in the wrong section or if this was answered before.

What is the best way to take documents to the interview? In other words, original documents and evidence like boarding passes, receipts and tickets, photos, chat logs - should this all just be put in a manilla folder and taken? Should it be in a binder? Should it be in plastic sleeves? Any ideas how it should be taken to the embassy? Altogether, it is a lot of documents and does not seem easy to carry. I recall reading somewhere binders are not allowed but maybe it depends on the embassy. Specifically this would be for Mumbai.

Chances are they won't even look at any of it.

12 minutes ago, bigpotatoes said:

That sounds like a great idea, thank you so much for sharing.

If I understand correctly, you used a large harmonica folder to organize all the different original evidence. And then separately you had a complete photocopy of everything, sorted with tabs, and held together with a clip?

Correct. 

my motto is bring everything. Better to have it but don’t need it 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Regarding the k1 interview, what exactly are the original documents required to take to it? Sydney embassy does not answer my emails with the answers i need and they haven’t sent me any interview information pack via mail or email. Any links they sent in response to my emails must be old links so im confused about that and also how to pay vfs for passport and visa retrieval if anyone can help with this also would be appreciated? Thanks 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.