JojoandTomas

FEBRUARY 2023 K1 to NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

156 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
3 minutes ago, dreamer123 said:

I guess it's true, it maybe a random selection and sheer luck... but my  theory though is that USCIS has outsourced various different agents to help  in the processing of cases to approval and send to NVC...For example ; they choose a lumpsum of cases submitted in like three consecutive months and distribute them to different agents and now your fate lies in a certain unknown agent with his/her own work ethic...This causes a delay for some cases and swiftness in some😢😢 my thinking though....

Unfortunately,  NVC only sent an email informing us that our case has been sent to the Embassy and that the proces can take several weeks😂😂. With our case numbers but no invoice ID....so there was no way we could track it on CEAC...SO after seeing from this forum people tracking their progress, I wrote to NVC requesting for INVOICE ID, they politely replied that they don't have my case anymore and I should contact the Embassy for inquiries so all I can do is  WAIT🤨

I haven't gone through this part of the process yet, but this it what I've gathered from other threads on this part of the process: You only need the case number from NVC at this stage, don't worry about the invoice number if it is not given to you. For the NVC part of the process, the CEAC login is only for immigrant visa cases like CR1/IR1. K1 just need case number to check CEAC status via https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx . After your interview, you will have the invoice number and be able to log in to CEAC for further processing.

34 minutes ago, meladee said:

I haven't gone through this part of the process yet, but this it what I've gathered from other threads on this part of the process: You only need the case number from NVC at this stage, don't worry about the invoice number if it is not given to you. For the NVC part of the process, the CEAC login is only for immigrant visa cases like CR1/IR1. K1 just need case number to check CEAC status via https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx . After your interview, you will have the invoice number and be able to log in to CEAC for further processing.

Ohhhh!!! Thank you and may  God bless you 🙂🙂.  I was still confused as to why  they didn't give us the Invoice ID but this has surely put my heart to rest. Let me check as I WAIT...

Edited by dreamer123

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline
5 hours ago, dreamer123 said:

I don't think that it is a case of priority of countries.  I am also from Uganda. NOA2 was on 17th  of February 2023... We didn't hear from NVC until we sent an inquiry on 17th of March, at first their response was that they haven't received our case and then we sent them a copy of our NOA2 and they admitted that they have received the case but told us to wait for them to process and send us further instructions.  The instructions didn't come until. 11th of April...they were notifying us that our case had been transferred to the Embassy and that we should wait for further communication from the Embassy in Kenya. 

2weeks later we haven't heard from the Embassy, I tried reaching out by email to inquire of the progress from the Embassy but no response so far.  So all we can do I WAIT , WAIT AND WAIT...... Every new step comes with new levels of patience required. GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF US.

I have been attaching my i767 every time I inquire but they say not yet received. Did send again yesterday with my approval hope to get the case number and invoice. Anyway good to know it is not ctry based. Good luck everyone.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline
1 hour ago, dreamer123 said:

I guess it's true, it maybe a random selection and sheer luck... but my  theory though is that USCIS has outsourced various different agents to help  in the processing of cases to approval and send to NVC...For example ; they choose a lumpsum of cases submitted in like three consecutive months and distribute them to different agents and now your fate lies in a certain unknown agent with his/her own work ethic...This causes a delay for some cases and swiftness in some😢😢 my thinking though....

Unfortunately,  NVC only sent an email informing us that our case has been sent to the Embassy and that the proces can take several weeks😂😂. With our case numbers but no invoice ID....so there was no way we could track it on CEAC...SO after seeing from this forum people tracking their progress, I wrote to NVC requesting for INVOICE ID, they politely replied that they don't have my case anymore and I should contact the Embassy for inquiries so all I can do is  WAIT🤨

For some reason I was thinking the embassy might be faster but I was wrong. This requires patience otherwise someone can go crazy. And when they come to the US another waiting game. God help us and good luck everyone. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
36 minutes ago, yosemite1997 said:

Hey guys. My case package was shipped by NVC and is "In Transit". According to DHL tracking, it will reach the consulate next week. Can I go ahead and schedule the interview or should I wait for the letter that NVC sends after it reaches the consulate? Thanks.

I think it depends which country your consulate is in.

Its been over 4 weeks and not a peep from the NVC...

I tried going to the NVC website because I've seen other threads say that you have to sign up with an email there, except there is no place to sign up for anything on their website.

Been finding so much conflicting information I don't even know what the next step is. I see people here are getting status updates, but how? Where are these updates coming from?

Edited by Mychal
additional question

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
On 4/28/2023 at 1:23 AM, Mychal said:

Its been over 4 weeks and not a peep from the NVC...

I tried going to the NVC website because I've seen other threads say that you have to sign up with an email there, except there is no place to sign up for anything on their website.

Been finding so much conflicting information I don't even know what the next step is. I see people here are getting status updates, but how? Where are these updates coming from?

I don't see a timeline for you. Have you tried sending NVC a public inquiry to ask for your case number? Sorry if this is redundant. 

11 hours ago, SaraClaire11 said:

I don't see a timeline for you. Have you tried sending NVC a public inquiry to ask for your case number? Sorry if this is redundant. 

I honestly didn't know the timeline was a thing. I just now saw that link under my name and filled out what I could.

I did send a public inquiry soon after my above post, as I tend to find and make small bits of progress after making my struggles public, lol. Of course no responses regarding it yet, as I saw it can take a week or more to get a response to public inquiries.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

We're basically in the same boat. Haven't heard anything from NVC since we got our NOA2 on Feb 17th. 

We tried public inquiry then emailed them after 30 days. Sent a second email after 60 days to the research@nvc email and they told us they still hadn't received anything but would look into it. We're getting close to almost 90 days now without any updates from NVC and it's so frustrating 

1 hour ago, ShandoMoncelle said:

We're basically in the same boat. Haven't heard anything from NVC since we got our NOA2 on Feb 17th. 

We tried public inquiry then emailed them after 30 days. Sent a second email after 60 days to the research@nvc email and they told us they still hadn't received anything but would look into it. We're getting close to almost 90 days now without any updates from NVC and it's so frustrating 

I just got a response this morning and they say haven't received our application from the USCIS either. They said it can take up to 6 weeks, which you are obviously well beyond, for an application to arrive. I was told to check the processing times, and as of April 24 they are working on cases they received from the USCIS on April 14th. But since my case hasn't been received at all it doesn't seem to matter what the timeframes are.

However, the email response from the NVC said that I can send them a scanned copy of my NOA2 letter to nvcresearch@state.gov, which they will then contact the USCIS to find the petition. Before sending them the email I just have to check the contents of my NOA2 to verify that they said they sent the approved application to the NVC.

Timeline
4 hours ago, Mychal said:

I just got a response this morning and they say haven't received our application from the USCIS either. They said it can take up to 6 weeks, which you are obviously well beyond, for an application to arrive. I was told to check the processing times, and as of April 24 they are working on cases they received from the USCIS on April 14th. But since my case hasn't been received at all it doesn't seem to matter what the timeframes are.

However, the email response from the NVC said that I can send them a scanned copy of my NOA2 letter to nvcresearch@state.gov, which they will then contact the USCIS to find the petition. Before sending them the email I just have to check the contents of my NOA2 to verify that they said they sent the approved application to the NVC.

Yeah that's exactly what we did. The response we got after that was that they would contact USCIS but will not give us any running updates so we're still completely in the dark here until we one day get a response

21 minutes ago, ShandoMoncelle said:

Yeah that's exactly what we did. The response we got after that was that they would contact USCIS but will not give us any running updates so we're still completely in the dark here until we one day get a response

That's really rough... I'm guessing you're planning on filing an extension for your NOA2 approval. I think I might have to do that, since I just found out we will need additional information from the Haitian government in the form of a police certificate. Who knows how long that can take.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
28 minutes ago, ShandoMoncelle said:

Have you tried contacting USCIS and asking to talk to a Tier 2 representative? Possibly asking for a service request?

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Mychal said:

That's really rough... I'm guessing you're planning on filing an extension for your NOA2 approval. I think I might have to do that, since I just found out we will need additional information from the Haitian government in the form of a police certificate. Who knows how long that can take.

Could you elaborate a bit more on how to file for an extension? I sent out another public inquiry request this morning and praying for good news but not getting my hopes up

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.