12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline
I am the petitioner for my mother who is suffering from Dementia. We have an interview schedule in the Lebanese consulate next week, and I just read on the website that the sponsor/petitioner cannot be present during the interview. I have legal guardianship.
Did someone experience a similar situation? Were you able to attend the interview with your parent?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
35 minutes ago, B3zo_Mimo said:
I am the petitioner for my mother who is suffering from Dementia. We have an interview schedule in the Lebanese consulate next week, and I just read on the website that the sponsor/petitioner cannot be present during the interview. I have legal guardianship.
Did someone experience a similar situation? Were you able to attend the interview with your parent?

There are circumstances .. such as yours.. where a caregiver etc is allowed. Usually the consulate requires advance notice of the situation. Contact the  consulate .. email with her application number in the header of the email. The email address will be in the correspondence already received from the consulate 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
50 minutes ago, B3zo_Mimo said:

https://www.ustraveldocs.com/lb/lb-niv-securityinfo.asp

The following persons may accompany an applicant on a case-by-case basis during Consular-related visits:

• Interpreter: Applicants may request to bring one interpreter if they do not speak English or Arabic well enough to participate in an interview.  The request will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
  • Special Needs Visitors: Applicants may request to bring one person to help if they are elderly, disabled, or if the applicant is a minor child applying for a visa.  The request will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.

Filed: Country: Sierra Leone
Timeline
4 hours ago, B3zo_Mimo said:

As others have said I believe you will be able to attend the interview with your mom, you would have to clear it with the embassy in advance. 

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-06-15

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-09-16

NVC Received : 2009-09-22

Consulate Received : 2009-09-28

Packet 3 Received : 2009-10-14

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Interview Result :

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Some well-meant but off-topic posts have been removed.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline
6 hours ago, Lil bear said:

There are circumstances .. such as yours.. where a caregiver etc is allowed. Usually the consulate requires advance notice of the situation. Contact the  consulate .. email with her application number in the header of the email. The email address will be in the correspondence already received from the consulate 

Thank you for the advice. I emailed them, hopefully I will hear back soon.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 2/15/2023 at 10:17 AM, JessAtallah said:

May I ask when your documents were approved by NVC? We’re waiting on our interview to be scheduled. 

Hi Jess

The documents were approved October 24th, then we were informed about the interview December 30th.

We had the interview and got approved on 2/7 but till now waiting fr the passport back.

When did you get DQed by the NVC?

On 1/31/2023 at 4:47 AM, B3zo_Mimo said:

Could you let me me know if (a) your mom's dementia was noted during her medical exam and (b) what questions were asked, if any, regarding her dementia during her interview? If you don't mind sharing your mom's age that I'd love to know that too. My dad (who has mild schizophrenia which we disclosed during his medical exam) has his interview next week and we're trying to figure out if there's any questions or paperwork we can possibly prepare for.

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Hi Sorry for the late reply. Yes my Mom's dementia was noted during the exam. I brought with me all her medical exams and the doctor asked her the typical questions neurologists would ask to test the memory. For the interview, I had guardianship papers ready so I informed the agent about her situation and I did the interview on her behalf but they asked her where I live, Luckily she remembered. All in all the interview took less than 5 mins.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.