Runner19

IR5 cases automatically transferred to Kazakhstan

103 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
14 hours ago, stacys said:

What is everyone doing about COVID 19 vaccines required for medication examination? Will the waiver be applicable as WHO approved vaccines are not avaible in Russia? 

Almaty does not require them. We called and asked them a couple weeks ago.

xe4sm4.png

cQuqm4.png

Yup. I emailed the Medical Center and they confirmed that Sputkik V is accepted for Russian Citizens and there is no expiration date either. 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-5 Country: Russia
Timeline

So, an update on our cases. Previously NVC has set one case to go to Warsaw and kept one in Almaty. I asked Almaty to keep them together and Almaty took the Warsaw case back, so that was good. Then today we got our interview appointments. I don't know what is going on, but they scheduled one parent for March 28 and the other for April 18. I asked Almaty to keep them together for March 28, hopefully they can make it happen. Getting close!

Timeline
59 minutes ago, Simplytex said:

Good news, we finally got my wife's interview date! 

We also got April 18th! 

Great news for both of you!  My wife had her interview last Tuesday at the KZ consulate and arrived here last Friday!  Everything went smooth!  You are close to the finish line)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

@Simplytex @Runner19 my congrats guys! Glad to see that all of us are soon going to be done with all that hustle. 

@Simplytex You are quite unlucky, you got appointment date one day after the deadline for tax filing(April 17th), so you might be asked about 2022 taxes. Neither me or my joint-sponsor have filed tax returns for 2022, so I'm glad that we're scheduled 2 weeks before the deadline

Timeline
1 hour ago, aerodnight said:

@Simplytex @Runner19 my congrats guys! Glad to see that all of us are soon going to be done with all that hustle. 

@Simplytex You are quite unlucky, you got appointment date one day after the deadline for tax filing(April 17th), so you might be asked about 2022 taxes. Neither me or my joint-sponsor have filed tax returns for 2022, so I'm glad that we're scheduled 2 weeks before the deadline

Yeah I thought about that this week. I've already mostly got my taxes finished, I have a simple situation except that this year for "ease of filing" I'll do it Married filing Separately, which means I gotta print it out and mail it in, probably do all that next week. Not sure how long it takes for tax transcripts to show up, but I'll have a copy of the return and my W2/1099s.

Timeline
1 hour ago, aerodnight said:

I will be submitting my Taxes as "Married filing Jointly" for 2022 even though my wife didnt arrive until Feb 24th of 2023.   As we were married in 2022, you can attach a declaration to your tax return (as U.S. citizen) that your spouse was a nonresident alien, but they choose to be treated by the IRS as a resident alien.  You will need a Social Security # or a ITIN number from the IRS.  When my wife went through border control, they said she would receive her SS Card and Green Card in 3-4 weeks.  If we dont receive the the SS card by the tax filing deadline, I will file for an extension.  I am not a tax attorney so dont take this advice to the bank, but this is my plan to save money on taxes at this point.  You get an automatic tax deduction of $24,400 for filing Married Filing Jointly.

• 4 weeks later...

@Runner19 - congrats on your parents apt and good luck! Hope they’ll join you soon 🙏🏻

Would you mind sharing your timeline for how long everything took/processing center?

I filed i130 for my mom in Russia in July 2022, it got moved to Vermont Center right away. The case status went to “it’s taking longer than usual..” about a week ago. I am trying to get a better timeline and not sure where else to turn.

Thank you for your time in advance.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Russia
Timeline
9 hours ago, Ineska said:

@Runner19 - congrats on your parents apt and good luck! Hope they’ll join you soon 🙏🏻

Would you mind sharing your timeline for how long everything took/processing center?

I filed i130 for my mom in Russia in July 2022, it got moved to Vermont Center right away. The case status went to “it’s taking longer than usual..” about a week ago. I am trying to get a better timeline and not sure where else to turn.

Thank you for your time in advance.

Hi! We filed our petition in June 2021, got approved at the end of July 2022. Submitted docs to NVC July 28, got an RFE in early November. DQ December 20-21. Then our cases were transferred back and forth a couple of times, ended up in Almaty. Interview scheduled on February 28 for March 28. I hope that helps!

6 hours ago, Runner19 said:

Hi! We filed our petition in June 2021, got approved at the end of July 2022. Submitted docs to NVC July 28, got an RFE in early November. DQ December 20-21. Then our cases were transferred back and forth a couple of times, ended up in Almaty. Interview scheduled on February 28 for March 28. I hope that helps!

Good luck tomorrow! :)  and thank you again!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.