Runner19

IR5 cases automatically transferred to Kazakhstan

103 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Moscowmojo said:

Right... She will be most likely taking Qatar Airlines.  I will do a number of screen shots and web addresses and get those to my wife just in case they give her any problems at the ticket counter.

May I be as curious as to ask the full itinerary?

Qatar to Washington sounds brutal.

P.S. There was a commotion in Telegram chats recently. She flew (Russia) - Newark, NJ - Colorado, CO - (another town).

Well. She landed. He was asleep. Mountain time, you see. But she had a long layover.

Do you want to know how many phone calls his family got, with her thinking he abandoned her? :D

If you're not there when she crosses the border physically - prepare to be digitally.

For when the officer calls, and you don't answer... Hell hath no fury than her (sent back home) and scorn.

Edited by Lynxyonok

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
1 minute ago, Lynxyonok said:

May I be as curious as to ask the full itinerary?

Qatar to Washington sounds brutal.

She will fly from Ekaterinburg to Almaty for the interview and if all goes well, it will be Almaty to Doha to Seattle. The flight from Doha to Seattle is 14 hours...I know, I have taken it a couple times)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Moscowmojo said:

She will fly from Ekaterinburg to Almaty for the interview and if all goes well, it will be Almaty to Doha to Seattle. The flight from Doha to Seattle is 14 hours...I know, I have taken it a couple times)

So, one American stop.

Good choice, Sir.

Timeline
On 1/24/2023 at 10:38 PM, Runner19 said:

Maybe I'm wrong and it was just for Poland? I remember you had to register to specify where to pick up the passport. I will have to look it up again

Warsaw made us create a US Travel Docs account as well. It has been a big pain as their customer service is not the best. When we got our case transferred to Almaty, I had to jump through hoops to get them to change our TravelDocs account to KZ as well. Almaty also made us schedule our own interview on their website but it likely because we had our case transferred and it is an IR1 case. 

xe4sm4.png

cQuqm4.png

Timeline
On 1/24/2023 at 11:38 PM, Moscowmojo said:

Now we have the question: With the airline verifying the passengers is eligibility to enter the US, will they understand that an immigrant visa from a country (Russia) that has a Covid waiver understand that she is eligible?  Nothing is easy for Russians in the process.

I agree completely. I think the airlines will only require a negative PCR test result but we will see.

xe4sm4.png

cQuqm4.png

Timeline
On 1/25/2023 at 5:32 AM, Moscowmojo said:

Are there direct flights from Yekaterinburg to Almaty? Which airline? All we could find from Omsk was to Almaty via Moscow and it was about $5k a person. This was just before the new year on Aeroflot. 

xe4sm4.png

cQuqm4.png

Timeline
8 hours ago, CyberKnight13 said:

I agree completely. I think the airlines will only require a negative PCR test result but we will see.

If it's a spouse/family member (IR/CR visa) then no COVID proof or tests required. K visas have to show vaccination records, no tests.

Timeline
8 hours ago, CyberKnight13 said:

Are there direct flights from Yekaterinburg to Almaty? Which airline? All we could find from Omsk was to Almaty via Moscow and it was about $5k a person. This was just before the new year on Aeroflot. 

Looks like Red Wings is the airline serving that route Yekaterinburg to Almaty 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koltsovo_International_Airport if you go down to airlines section you can see all the routes

Timeline
14 hours ago, Simplytex said:

Looks like Red Wings is the airline serving that route Yekaterinburg to Almaty 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koltsovo_International_Airport if you go down to airlines section you can see all the routes

@Simplytex is correct.  She will be flying on Redwings, cost was about 17,000 rubles ($242) for a one way.  This route is only available on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.  My wife owns a travel agency, so this part of the process is easy for her).  Yekaterinburg has a very nice airport too.

1 hour ago, Runner19 said:

@stacys, Did you get any update from Almaty yet? 

Yes, they responded that they had not opened their interview calendar for 2023 and recommended to continue checking on traveldocs. And couple days later the 2023 calendar appeared. So far it only shows available slots for February and all other months are greyed out. I will continue to check for dates every day, hoping for slots to open up for the end of March 

Filed: IR-5 Country: Russia
Timeline
2 minutes ago, stacys said:

Yes, they responded that they had not opened their interview calendar for 2023 and recommended to continue checking on traveldocs. And couple days later the 2023 calendar appeared. So far it only shows available slots for February and all other months are greyed out. I will continue to check for dates every day, hoping for slots to open up for the end of March 

Thanks! I think I will write them as well, this is interesting that they want you to schedule it yourself. Did I understand correctly that the dates in February are available for scheduling, but you wanted to have the interview in March? I'm just wondering, because February would be fine with us. 

54 minutes ago, Runner19 said:

Thanks! I think I will write them as well, this is interesting that they want you to schedule it yourself. Did I understand correctly that the dates in February are available for scheduling, but you wanted to have the interview in March? I'm just wondering, because February would be fine with us. 

Correct. As of last Wed there were three dates available for February with multiple spots and time slots. As of this morning, I believe, Feb 2nd is all booked, there are two spots for Feb 7th and 3-4 spots for Feb 21. My parents want their interviews for the end of march or any time in April. 

Timeline

@stacys and @Runner19, just to clarify, are you talking about fiance, spousal, or parent visas? Correct me if I'm wrong, I thought only K visa's are self-scheduled, IR/CR (spouse/child/parent) visas would be scheduled by NVC/embassy and you get notified.

Timeline
On 1/29/2023 at 10:31 PM, Moscowmojo said:

@Simplytex is correct.  She will be flying on Redwings, cost was about 17,000 rubles ($242) for a one way.  This route is only available on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.  My wife owns a travel agency, so this part of the process is easy for her).  Yekaterinburg has a very nice airport too.

@Simplytex and @Moscowmojo, thank you both for the flight information, it is extremely helpful!

We may travel to Yekaterinburg via train and take a flight from there.

xe4sm4.png

cQuqm4.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.