Runner19

IR5 cases automatically transferred to Kazakhstan

103 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Runner19 said:

A quick review of the interview and medical. My parents said everything went more or less smoothly, they had no issues with medical and everyone was very nice and helpful. They had all their vaccines and only had to pay the standard fee. For the interview they said everyone was fine too, maybe the interviewing officer was a little emotionless, but nothing unfriendly either. The person who collected the documents only wanted originals, no copies, no translations. We never even got the translations notarized, so I guess we saved some money there:) They had some standard questions: who are you immigrating to, where are you going to live (city, state). Then he asked about a police certificate from Ukraine as one of the parents lived there until 18. We don't have that and couldn't get it, which we explained and previously submitted an explanation to NVC. He left, and I guess talked to somebody, but when he came back, he just said that the visas are approved! I checked their visa status the next day and they are already issued. So everything went well overall, my parents maybe almost got a heart attack when he left after asking about Ukraine:)

Yay!! So happy for you guys! Congrats! 

We are hoping to be right behind you! :) Do you know what kind of med records / vaccination records your parents had to bring/show from Russia to the med exam in KZ?

Safe travels to your parents and hope they’ll be in the US soon!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
13 hours ago, Runner19 said:

A quick review of the interview and medical. My parents said everything went more or less smoothly, they had no issues with medical and everyone was very nice and helpful. They had all their vaccines and only had to pay the standard fee. For the interview they said everyone was fine too, maybe the interviewing officer was a little emotionless, but nothing unfriendly either. The person who collected the documents only wanted originals, no copies, no translations. We never even got the translations notarized, so I guess we saved some money there:) They had some standard questions: who are you immigrating to, where are you going to live (city, state). Then he asked about a police certificate from Ukraine as one of the parents lived there until 18. We don't have that and couldn't get it, which we explained and previously submitted an explanation to NVC. He left, and I guess talked to somebody, but when he came back, he just said that the visas are approved! I checked their visa status the next day and they are already issued. So everything went well overall, my parents maybe almost got a heart attack when he left after asking about Ukraine:)

Congratulations!

xe4sm4.png

cQuqm4.png

Filed: IR-5 Country: Russia
Timeline
17 hours ago, Ineska said:

Yay!! So happy for you guys! Congrats! 

We are hoping to be right behind you! :)Do you know what kind of med records / vaccination records your parents had to bring/show from Russia to the med exam in KZ?

Safe travels to your parents and hope they’ll be in the US soon!

When started scheduling our appt with IMC, they sent us this list:

• Оригинал загранпаспорта на каждого, включая детей
  • 1 фото цветное (на каждого заявителя), размером 3х4, чтобы были видны голова и плечи (просим Вас подготовить вырезанные фотографии)
  • Оригинал медицинской карты с информацией о полученных прививках (для взрослых, если имеется. Для детей обязательно)
  • Информацию о необходимых прививках по возрасту, вы можете уточнить в своей поликлинике по месту жительства.
  • Письмо-приглашение на интервью
  • Паспорт вакцинации от Covid (для проживающих в Казахстане с 12 лет)
  • Средства для оплаты мед осмотра в Тенге (производится наличными или банковской картой Visa/Master Сard)

• 2 months later...

Hey does anyone have experience with Case prefix “MOS”? Wondering where the interview will be scheduled out of?  I sent a note to usakz email address asking to move it to KZ. I didnt think MOS was an option any more…

Filed I-130 for IR5 on 7/1/22
I-130 approved on 6/13/23

NVC welcome letter on 6/21/23, paid fees same day and they cleared on 6/23.

Submitted AOS/DS260/Civil docs on 6/28/23. Hoping to get DQ’d and IL very soon.

Timeline
23 hours ago, Ineska said:

Hey does anyone have experience with Case prefix “MOS”? Wondering where the interview will be scheduled out of?  I sent a note to usakz email address asking to move it to KZ. I didnt think MOS was an option any more…

Filed I-130 for IR5 on 7/1/22
I-130 approved on 6/13/23

NVC welcome letter on 6/21/23, paid fees same day and they cleared on 6/23.

Submitted AOS/DS260/Civil docs on 6/28/23. Hoping to get DQ’d and IL very soon.

Not sure about IR-5s, but my IR-1 got assigned "MOS" (Moscow) at first like it does for all Russian applicants. The NVC sent notice four days later that it was changed to Warsaw. I don't know if they are still assigning IR-5s to Warsaw, or if they automatically go to Almaty or Tashkent. 

1 hour ago, BenNomad said:

Not sure about IR-5s, but my IR-1 got assigned "MOS" (Moscow) at first like it does for all Russian applicants. The NVC sent notice four days later that it was changed to Warsaw. I don't know if they are still assigning IR-5s to Warsaw, or if they automatically go to Almaty or Tashkent. 

Thank you, BenNomad :)

do you remeber if “4” days were from after you submitted docs or some other event?  

Thank you again!

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Ineska said:

do you remeber if “4” days were from after you submitted docs or some other event?

My case was created at the NVC May 19, and they sent notice on May 23 that it was transferred to Warsaw. 

Hey All- I submitted all doc to the NVC on 6/27/23 ( and emailed Almaty, they agreed to transfer the case the next day and it was moved formally within hours :).

But now wondering if I was supposed to do submit more for the proof of domicile.

My case is for a parent, for the AOS  I submitted tax transcripts/employment verification letter, w-2s. Was I supposed to do something else to proof domicile/bring more docs to the interview? Does anyone know? Please let me know if anyone has experience in that. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/24/2023 at 10:37 AM, stacys said:

Runner19, did your parents receive scheduled interview appointments in Almaty? My parents interviews were scheduled for Warsaw in February, since they currently do no have Schengen visa, I reached out to Almaty post and they immediately took over their cases. This morning i received an email from Almaty asking me to create a profile for both of my parents at ustravelsdocs and schedule their appointment. I created their profile but got a message that no appointments are available. Now what? Do I check every single day? Do i pay for a bot?

I emailed Almaty just in case and I am waiting on their response. But i was wondering if anyone else received assigned interview appointments? 

How did you contact Almaty post? What number or email? My mothers case was assigned to Warsaw and I’m trying to transfer to Almaty

thank you

On 7/1/2023 at 6:33 PM, Ineska said:

Hey All- I submitted all doc to the NVC on 6/27/23 ( and emailed Almaty, they agreed to transfer the case the next day and it was moved formally within hours :).

But now wondering if I was supposed to do submit more for the proof of domicile.

My case is for a parent, for the AOS  I submitted tax transcripts/employment verification letter, w-2s. Was I supposed to do something else to proof domicile/bring more docs to the interview? Does anyone know? Please let me know if anyone has experience in that. 

What email did you use to request a transfer? I am trying to transfer my mothers case from Warsaw to Almaty

thank you

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.