AndiB

Number of cases processed hit new high!

2,063 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Nicki s said:

Does anyone know if they have started to clean up the older cases left behind?

im a March 11 filler - 61000 range and it’s not been touched properly for 2 weeks now, and over 100 cases left! It’s so weird! When only around 700 left for March ! So scared of getting left for months on end !

They're still doing old cases, someone here from feb just got approved recently!

I-129f filed: 2022-10-21  ||  NOA1: 2022-10-24  ||  NOA2: 2023-09-21
NVC Received: 2023-10-13  ||  NVC in transit: 2023-10-24  ||  NVC Ready: 2023-10-26 

Medical: 2023-11-24  ||  Interview: 2023-12-14  ||  CEAC Issued: 2023-12-18  ||  VOH: 2023-12-20
Entry to US: 2024-02-14 || Married: 2024-02-29

---

AOS filed: 2024-03-18 ||  NOA1: 2024-03-20 || Biometrics: 2024-04-01
EAD NOA2: 2024-04-02  ||  EAD Received: 2024-04-24
GC Approval: ...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Slovenia
Timeline
25 minutes ago, Nicki s said:

Does anyone know if they have started to clean up the older cases left behind?

im a March 11 filler - 61000 range and it’s not been touched properly for 2 weeks now, and over 100 cases left! It’s so weird! When only around 700 left for March ! So scared of getting left for months on end !

They are processing older cases all the time, just at slower speed (putting less attention to older months) :) . For example, yesterday they approved 1 case from February 2021, 3 cases from July 2021, 2 from August 2021 etc. 

Edited by Obllak

3 hours ago, FromMexico W/Love said:

Here is a snippet of my spreadsheet, just some rough math. And I have the starting amount of backlog smaller for this because I didn't factor in some ghost cases lol 

I129f.PNG.4bba81c3d28c5e06e09acb7eae9667a0.PNG

How are you taking account rejected/denials in your daily "processed" numbers? I generally don't take credit for those because most of them are from cases filed just now and don't count towards your backlog reduction. If you look at Oblak's spreadsheet, your filing month of October already has very similar rejection numbers overall compared with months currently being processed. It won't make your dates much worse, but something to consider. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Are a lot of these ghost cases just those that were submitted at the end of their respective months? Like is there a pattern that if your NOA1 is among the last days of the month, it's likely to just be left untouched versus those who submitted at the beginning of the month? 

Also, dang looks like we're trading one bottleneck for another, albeit smaller bottleneck. NOA2->NVC times per those posting VJ timelines is at an all time high since Jan 2022 and those other threads do NOT inspire confidence of having a wait time less than 3-5 months after NOA2.

Edited by Vulpis

Timeline

Looks like USCIS had a "cleaning day" yesterday - they processed more older cases (from June to December 2021) and way less "hot zone" cases compared to previous days. But in general, not the best processing day regarding SUM numbers. Nonetheless, average number of processing cases for this month are still hitting the highest records!  

Timeline
7 hours ago, Oregonian97 said:

How are you taking account rejected/denials in your daily "processed" numbers? I generally don't take credit for those because most of them are from cases filed just now and don't count towards your backlog reduction. If you look at Oblak's spreadsheet, your filing month of October already has very similar rejection numbers overall compared with months currently being processed. It won't make your dates much worse, but something to consider. 

Most of them are from denied. For example, yesterday they denied 42 cases and rejected 10. On May 18th, they denied 50 cases and rejected 10 etc. 

Denied = applicant is ineligible to receive a visa (older cases; in the backlog)
Rejected = USCIS reject form upon receipt if the form is incorrectly filled (newer cases; not in the backlog)

Edited by Obllak

Timeline

What is very interesting regarding this is the fact, that they used to reject more cases per month than deny, but they switched since February this year, when they started processing drastically higher numbers of cases (when USCIS got many new workers). Concerning? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
22 minutes ago, Obllak said:

What is very interesting regarding this is the fact, that they used to reject more cases per month than deny, but they switched since February this year, when they started processing drastically higher numbers of cases (when USCIS got many new workers). Concerning? 

Doesn't sound immediately concerning to me - has the ratio of approvals to denials increased appreciably? It's not surprising to see a higher raw frequency of denials as they process cases faster, but rejections should stay about the same unless the number of new cases filed also increases.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
25 minutes ago, Obllak said:

Would new uscis workers already have to be trained? By the way, I noticed your profile photo and Princess Mononoke is one of my favorite movies. I had to say it.Jajajajajaja

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Vero8 said:

Would new uscis workers already have to be trained? By the way, I noticed your profile photo and Princess Mononoke is one of my favorite movies. I had to say it.Jajajajajaja

I remember that article talking about how in Oct 2022 USCIS got those billions of funds to acquire and train new workers. Cases started picking up around January and keep picking up. Maybe it only takes a few months to train? 

Timeline
22 minutes ago, Vashezzo said:

Doesn't sound immediately concerning to me - has the ratio of approvals to denials increased appreciably? It's not surprising to see a higher raw frequency of denials as they process cases faster, but rejections should stay about the same unless the number of new cases filed also increases.

Absolutely, I agree. We are unfortunately lacking data from 2020 to know for sure. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 hours ago, Obllak said:

Absolutely, I agree. We are unfortunately lacking data from 2020 to know for sure. 

We can look at this with the official quarterly data from USCIS (I've aggregated it here), and the denial rate was definitely higher in FY22 than FY21. However, because so many denials are just submissions that are improperly filed, this could partially just be due to the increase in filings.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.