AndiB

Number of cases processed hit new high!

2,063 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Slovenia
Timeline
10 hours ago, When_Will_It_End said:

@Obllak, I know you have already far and exceeded the call of duty, but if this NVC thing does become a concern, is there any chance you could start, when you have time, building a NVC version of your K1 sheet? I don't know if that's even possible and you seem much smarter on this stuff then me but just may be a valuable resource.

That was a plan! But few expressed their opinions that it would be a waste of time, since NVC process is rather short, so I set that plan aside. I would definitely love to do it if that would be something you guys would be interested in. But as Andi said, since it shouldn’t exceed 90 days, I am not sure how useful this information would be.

Edited by Obllak

10 hours ago, meladee said:

I can't find the announcement for this, can you share the link?

I got that information from this link: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/immigration-title-42-migrant-centers-latin-america-deportations/

"Earlier this week, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services said it would be reassigning nearly 480 employees to help the 1,000-member asylum officer corps conduct these "credible fear" interviews, which determine whether migrants are deported or allowed to seek asylum, according to an internal notice obtained by CBS News."

11 hours ago, AndiB said:

One of their internal graphs showed that in 2020 they had 10k USCIS workers so 500 isn't that much esp across all teams.

That's good to hear, hopefully you are right.

8 hours ago, Obllak said:

That was a plan! But few expressed their opinions that it would be a waste of time, since NVC process is rather short, so I set that plan aside. I would definitely love to do it if that would be something you guys would be interested in. But as Andi said, since it shouldn’t exceed 90 days, I am not sure how useful this information would be.

Understood, thanks anyway!

Edited by When_Will_It_End

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline
6 minutes ago, FromMexico W/Love said:

This process sucks the big one. I have been waiting 8 months and I have ~13 more months to go until an interview date at the embassy/consulate, and that is if USCIS keeps processing quickly. 

13 more months?! How so? Are you basing this off of the specific embassy your case is going to? Just curious? 

17 minutes ago, Quimat said:

13 more months?! How so? Are you basing this off of the specific embassy your case is going to? Just curious? 

Basing this off my specific country. You will get yours much early I bet. My country  happens to have the most visa cases in the entire world.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
13 hours ago, When_Will_It_End said:

I got that information from this link: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/immigration-title-42-migrant-centers-latin-america-deportations/

"Earlier this week, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services said it would be reassigning nearly 480 employees to help the 1,000-member asylum officer corps conduct these "credible fear" interviews, which determine whether migrants are deported or allowed to seek asylum, according to an internal notice obtained by CBS News."

Ah, so it looks like this is the source, and the follow up tweet also mentions that specifically they are already people who do asylum processing:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
12 hours ago, FromMexico W/Love said:

Basing this off my specific country. You will get yours much early I bet. My country  happens to have the most visa cases in the entire world.  

Can you be just a little more vague?

Consulate: Manila, Philippines | I-129F Sent: 2022-06-07 | NOA1: 2022-06-09 | NOA2: 2023-07-11 NVC Rec’d: 2023-08-10 | Case #: 2023-08-24 NVC Left Consulate: 2023-09-12 | Received : 2023-09-13 | Packet 3 Rec’d : | Packet 3 Sent : | Packet 4 Rec’d: 2023-09-19 | Interview: 2023-10-17 | Interview Result: Approved!

Timeline
3 minutes ago, madmanmike said:

Can you be just a little more vague?

Judging by name they're in Mexico, Mexico has slow processing times at embassy due to backlog so other countries will generally have a shorter wait for an interview. 

I-129f filed: 2022-10-21  ||  NOA1: 2022-10-24  ||  NOA2: 2023-09-21
NVC Received: 2023-10-13  ||  NVC in transit: 2023-10-24  ||  NVC Ready: 2023-10-26 

Medical: 2023-11-24  ||  Interview: 2023-12-14  ||  CEAC Issued: 2023-12-18  ||  VOH: 2023-12-20
Entry to US: 2024-02-14 || Married: 2024-02-29

---

AOS filed: 2024-03-18 ||  NOA1: 2024-03-20 || Biometrics: 2024-04-01
EAD NOA2: 2024-04-02  ||  EAD Received: 2024-04-24
GC Approval: ...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
17 hours ago, meladee said:

Ah, so it looks like this is the source, and the follow up tweet also mentions that specifically they are already people who do asylum processing:

So K1 visa process shouldnt experience any slow down bcs of this right? Ty❤️

Timeline

327 😍

I-129f filed: 2022-10-21  ||  NOA1: 2022-10-24  ||  NOA2: 2023-09-21
NVC Received: 2023-10-13  ||  NVC in transit: 2023-10-24  ||  NVC Ready: 2023-10-26 

Medical: 2023-11-24  ||  Interview: 2023-12-14  ||  CEAC Issued: 2023-12-18  ||  VOH: 2023-12-20
Entry to US: 2024-02-14 || Married: 2024-02-29

---

AOS filed: 2024-03-18 ||  NOA1: 2024-03-20 || Biometrics: 2024-04-01
EAD NOA2: 2024-04-02  ||  EAD Received: 2024-04-24
GC Approval: ...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.