AndiB

Number of cases processed hit new high!

2,063 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline
25 minutes ago, Nikobe said:

January is one of the months with the fewest filers - that is why it's already low. Total filers were 3280 compared to 4425 in March 22 for instance.

Good news to me is still good news to me 🤷🏾‍♀️. March only has a little more than 1100 more than January, at the rate they are going, good progress will still continue to be made. 

24 minutes ago, Quimat said:

Good news to me is still good news to me 🤷🏾‍♀️. March only has a little more than 1100 more than January, at the rate they are going, good progress will still continue to be made. 

Putting things into context is not aiming at taking away your happiness.

The less filers the faster the process for your own case. :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline
24 minutes ago, Nikobe said:

Putting things into context is not aiming at taking away your happiness.

The less filers the faster the process for your own case. :)

Oh, I don’t think you were aiming at taking away my happiness . However, if I post something to give hope and excitement and you post under my comment to basically kill the vibe, it’s not well received. I always appreciate facts and I also like to spread happy news. 
But anyways, yes, the less filers, the faster the process for any case which is good news for everyone 🙂

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
34 minutes ago, New Romantics said:

When was the last time there was in increase in processing time? How long has it been stuck at 15.5? 

I had to dig into my chat with my fiancé to find the date they changed from 12 months to 15.5 and it was November 2nd, 2022. So 4 months now.

Talking about low numbers of cases filed… not sure if the numbers will go up any more on @Obllak's tracking but February 2023 total cases surprised me. Seems people are going through other immigration routes? I know February has less working days and I will have to see March to see if the cases ended up being received this month, but comparing to 2022 it is a significantly lower number. What do you all think?

February 2022 I-129F K1 Case Status Spreadsheet can be found here.
NVC Timelines spreadsheet can be found here.
NOA1:
Feb 22nd, 2022 | NOA2: May 12th, 2023 (444 days) | NVC Received: July 3rd, 2023 (52 days) | Case number: Aug 2nd, 2023 (82 days) | In Transit: Aug 15th, 2023 (95 days)  | Ready: Aug 17th, 2023 | Medical: Sep 22nd, 2023 | Interview: Sep 26th, 2023

4 minutes ago, Bh_sarah said:

I had to dig into my chat with my fiancé to find the date they changed from 12 months to 15.5 and it was November 2nd, 2022. So 4 months now.

Talking about low numbers of cases filed… not sure if the numbers will go up any more on @Obllak's tracking but February 2023 total cases surprised me. Seems people are going through other immigration routes? I know February has less working days and I will have to see March to see if the cases ended up being received this month, but comparing to 2022 it is a significantly lower number. What do you all think?

Yeah huge reduction in February applications. I wonder if people looked into how long the wait times were and said no wayyyyy. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Slovenia
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Bh_sarah said:

I haven't pulled all February cases and added them into the Total cases (incomplete 2023 data's cells are grey colored). I also haven't start on March at all. I started pulling February 2023 yesterday. It's a long pull unfortunately and I had to fix some bugs on the way... But In the next few days data for the full February will be ready :)

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Obllak said:

I haven't pulled all February cases and added them into the Total cases (incomplete 2023 data's cells are grey colored). I also haven't start on March at all. I started pulling February 2023 yesterday. It's a long pull unfortunately and I had to fix some bugs on the way... But In the next few days data for the full February will be ready :)

Oh, gotcha! Thank you! (Thanks for pulling all of this as well, not an easy task!)
I see now the 'in progress' bar, my bad. It might match the other months number then, I just automatically assumed people are giving up on the K1 due to the waiting times and AOS and going the CR1 route, but I'll wait for the final numbers. My assumption can be really wrong seeing how many filers join Visa Journey only to find out here that their lawyer's 6-8 month estimative is WAY off, it's sad.

February 2022 I-129F K1 Case Status Spreadsheet can be found here.
NVC Timelines spreadsheet can be found here.
NOA1:
Feb 22nd, 2022 | NOA2: May 12th, 2023 (444 days) | NVC Received: July 3rd, 2023 (52 days) | Case number: Aug 2nd, 2023 (82 days) | In Transit: Aug 15th, 2023 (95 days)  | Ready: Aug 17th, 2023 | Medical: Sep 22nd, 2023 | Interview: Sep 26th, 2023

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
23 minutes ago, FromMexico W/Love said:

Yeah huge reduction in February applications. I wonder if people looked into how long the wait times were and said no wayyyyy. 

That's what I was thinking.  I keep seeing so much discussion on VJ and FB about people in K-1 and regretting the turn times now, and venting that they should have gone CR-1, maybe that scared off others... We'll see how March looks!

Timeline
Just now, New Romantics said:

Saw someone on fb get their approval today. Their NOA1 was Jan 25, 2022. Does that mean they will touch Feb soon? That seems really far into January considering they just barely started it

They don't really go in order, so the date in January isn't too significant. Usually they start the next month when ~50% of cases have been gone through for the month they're currently working on.

Just now, Naterson said:

They don't really go in order, so the date in January isn't too significant. Usually they start the next month when ~50% of cases have been gone through for the month they're currently working on.

Yeah, that's what I thought too. But it seemed to me like the 25th is really far in the future so it kinda took me by surprise! haha

Timeline
On 3/1/2023 at 8:31 PM, mw & rg k1 said:

Normally my Wed Posts show activity from Tues and Wed ....
Since I did an update yesterday, todays post will only include changes observed for Wed.
It remains interesting that the website sometimes is even showing work done a day (or more) behind or (in this case) a day ahead.

Dec 1-3 (like Dec 14-17) is late in the week and generally remains very slow.
Dec 6-10 continues to see considerable activity, which is hopefully a positive sign.

Anyway, on to the data
Total Dec Updates are down as compared with yesterdays Activity but there is still reasonable activity 

Total activity including "expedite" & "mailed documents"
Changes on March 1 2023: 81
Changes on March 2 2023: 2

Report of significant changes since 2023_02_28
DEC 1-3:  Untouched:63
        Approved: 1     Denied: 0      RFE: 1   
        Updated: 0       Term\Withdrawn: 0    Rejected: 0

DEC 6-10:  Untouched:236
        Approved: 31     Denied: 0      RFE: 12   
        Updated: 0       Term\Withdrawn: 1    Rejected: 0

DEC 13-17:  Untouched:323
        Approved: 1     Denied: 0      RFE: 13   

DEC 20-24:  Untouched:421
        Approved: 10     Denied: 0      RFE: 2   

DEC 27-31:  Untouched:369
        Approved: 9     Denied: 0      RFE: 1   

2023_03_01.jpg

Pulling this from the December 2021 NOA1 thread to illustrate a bit better.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.