AnonymousImmi

N400 waiting for Interview

4 posts in this topic

Hello All,

I applied my N400 online in July 2022 with pending 751 and been waiting for interview since then, I've seen many people who applied after me became citizens or got interviews long ago. I know scheduling of the interview depends on Field Office workload, mine is Rhode Island and I seen here in VJ timelines that people got scheduled for interview in 3-4 months in my FO but I'm still waiting from almost 6 months. 

My Questions:

1. Does uploading more documents trigger or will it delay more (I did not upload documents of my 751 and a letter to request to adjudicate both the cases)?

2. When you add your case here, does it update your case automatically when there is an event like interview scheduled/oath/biometric or you have to update it manually?

Thanks in Advance for your time for answering this question and also helping all others.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Providence ??

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

processing time for N 400 is 16.5 months

1. doesn't delay it to add documents

2. we can't update case status /that is job of immigration

56 minutes ago, AnonymousImmi said:

2. When you add your case here, does it update your case automatically when there is an event like interview scheduled/oath/biometric or you have to update it manually?

There is an app called Lawfully.  We have downloaded the app on my iPhone and added my wife's USCIS case number (IOEXXXX) in the app.  We received notification when the status changed (in her case it was interview scheduled).  You may want to look into that. Make sure you have turned "on" notification within your phone for this app.  

1 hour ago, AnonymousImmi said:

I've seen many people who applied after me became citizens or got interviews long ago. I know scheduling of the interview depends on Field Office workload, mine is Rhode Island and I seen here in VJ timelines that people got scheduled for interview in 3-4 months in my FO but I'm still waiting from almost 6 months. 

Those people probably just had straight forward N-400 cases and didn't have a pending I-751. When the I-751 is attached, there are more moving parts thus meaning it will probably take longer to adjudicate than just having a N-400. Your time will come! Good luck!

Edited by MillerTime

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.