Chipz

F21 still DELAYED? Waiting for interview (Merged threads)

26 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I've been waiting for so long for my family to get their visa interview. Could anybody help please?

Visa Class: F21

Priority Date: 15-APR-2019

The NVC keeps sending the same email that it's still delayed due to covid19.

I'm on my 5th year here in US as a green card holder. Should I process my citizenship? Will it affect my petition for them?

Thank you in advance. I appreciate your help a lot.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

unmarried children are able to come on the visa for the spouse of a green card

if u naturalize,  u will need to file a petition for each child separately with all costs associated with each petition

Are you petitioning under 21 unmarried or over 21 unmarried? You and my

mom have the same situation. My mom petitioned my under 21 yrs old brother. Our PD is 2019. I did not let my mom change her status yet from LPR to become US citizen. From what I heard, LPR is faster in visa processing compare to US citizen status.

As far as petition goes we are under F2A visa category, we are DQ ( documentarily qualified) but waiting is taking forever. No clue when it is going to happen NVC says due to covid delays and backlogs we have to wait…we get email every 60days from NVC.

9 hours ago, Lily-ice82 said:

Are you petitioning under 21 unmarried or over 21 unmarried? You and my

mom have the same situation. My mom petitioned my under 21 yrs old brother. Our PD is 2019. I did not let my mom change her status yet from LPR to become US citizen. From what I heard, LPR is faster in visa processing compare to US citizen status.

As far as petition goes we are under F2A visa category, we are DQ ( documentarily qualified) but waiting is taking forever. No clue when it is going to happen NVC says due to covid delays and backlogs we have to wait…we get email every 60days from NVC.

Hello, Yes we have the same PD and Yes I petitioned my wife and child under 21. With no immigration lawyer and following some guides here. It was all smooth until the covid. We're just waiting for the interview date and medical. (Philippines)

Great to hear this information. That LPR is faster. Then I'll hold off the naturalization for a while. We have the same situation and been getting the same email every 60 days. Thank you so much. It's nice to share this with someone and same situation. Hopefully it gets better for us.

2 hours ago, Chipz said:

I petitioned my wife and child under 21.

If you become a US citizen before your family gets interviewed for their F2A visas, your wife's case will be converted to IR1 but your child's case will be dropped, as IR1 cannot have any derivative beneficiary.  You will need to start over with a new I-130 for your child, assuming you did not already file a separate petition for your child.  If so, I would not recommend naturalizing before your family enters the US with their F2A visas.

• 2 months later...
On 1/13/2023 at 10:27 AM, Chancy said:

If you become a US citizen before your family gets interviewed for their F2A visas, your wife's case will be converted to IR1 but your child's case will be dropped, as IR1 cannot have any derivative beneficiary.  You will need to start over with a new I-130 for your child, assuming you did not already file a separate petition for your child.  If so, I would not recommend naturalizing before your family enters the US with their F2A visas.

Thank you for your response. Sorry I was so delayed responding to you. I lost my password. I followed your advice and just wait. The NVC still repeats the same email to just wait for the interview but has been delayed due to covid.

My mom is pushing me to be a citizen already but I fought with her not to because I followed you. She said I should get a lawyer to fast track my case. Is it really necessary to get a lawyer at this point where we're just waiting for an interview? Will a lawyer make a difference? 

I appreciate your help so much.

@ Chipz,welcome back. Good to hear from you again. You can get a lawyer it is your choice. If you want to file for citizenship, you will have to change your status and submit all documents to NVC like your US passport and US citizenship naturalization, the visa case will change as well. Not sure how long it will take or if it will go faster this time due to covid backlogs. US citizen petitioners will not have cap limit each year with their visa compare to LPR petitioners. LPR petitioners all visa has cap limit each year, you can bring your wife and under 21 kids but if you become US citizen you can bring your wife but you need to file again separate filing petition each child, cannot bring derivative family or kids along the petition for your wife.

We are still waiting for interview until now and still get email every 60days-nothing changed! We are worried my brother will turn 21 yrs old next year😔.You can try email NVC and Manila US embassy for expedite maybe they will accept it. Hope this helps and good luck!

2 hours ago, Lily-ice82 said:

@ Chipz,welcome back. Good to hear from you again. You can get a lawyer it is your choice. If you want to file for citizenship, you will have to change your status and submit all documents to NVC like your US passport and US citizenship naturalization, the visa case will change as well. Not sure how long it will take or if it will go faster this time due to covid backlogs. US citizen petitioners will not have cap limit each year with their visa compare to LPR petitioners. LPR petitioners all visa has cap limit each year, you can bring your wife and under 21 kids but if you become US citizen you can bring your wife but you need to file again separate filing petition each child, cannot bring derivative family or kids along the petition for your wife.

We are still waiting for interview until now and still get email every 60days-nothing changed! We are worried my brother will turn 21 yrs old next year😔.You can try email NVC and Manila US embassy for expedite maybe they will accept it. Hope this helps and good luck!

Hello Lily,

I recently contacted a immigration law office. She said the same thing,  a lawyer will not make any difference with the current delay. And yes, changing case being a citizen will be back to square one and new expense for new derivative.

It's pretty much a waiting game like with your brother. Maybe there's a way for him like a child protection? I already emailed NVC. They just said the same. Just to wait. 

Good luck to you as well and thanks for your help!

That is good you contacted immigration law office for this matter. Yes, there is CSPA ( child protection act law) for those children that age out and F2A visa will remain the same regardless even the child turned over 21 yrs old. Some are approved for expedite but only for valid reasons like emergency or medical reasons. So we cannot do anything to speed up the process.We just need to pray,hope and wait patiently. Good luck to us!

Edited by Lily-ice82

• 5 months later...

I'm a petitioner from the Philippines.

I'm not receiving the email from NVC telling us about the delay. 

I'm Green Card holder petitioned for my wife and son. (f21 or f2A).

Visa bulletin for oct 2003 current is: 08FEB19 

Our priority date is: April 2019

Is anybody experiencing the same? This is like waiting for nothing.

This notice is to inform you that your case for an immigrant visa is documentarily complete at the National Visa Center (NVC) and has been since 29-Jun-2021.  NVC has received all of the fees, forms and documents required prior to attending an immigrant visa interview. Your petition is awaiting an interview appointment. At this time, no further action is required.  We appreciate your patience.

Your case will remain at NVC until an appointment is scheduled, at which time we will send it to the appropriate U.S. Embassy or Consulate General.  We will notify the applicant, petitioner, and attorney (if applicable) when an appointment is scheduled.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

When can you naturalise?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

• powerpuff changed the title to F21 still DELAYED? Waiting for interview (Merged threads)
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Maybe see how things are going then and review

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.