shytown

Don't meet income requirements though I do?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

(Reposting for visibility in the NVC forum)

The NVC reviewed our documents today and sent two RFE's:

1) This case does not meet the minimum income requirement to sponsor the intending immigrants. To avoid delays, an additional Affidavit of Support Form I-864 from a joint sponsor may be submitted. For more information visit https://nvc.state.gov/aos. The consular officer will make a decision regarding this requirement at the time of the interview. For more information, please visit https://www.uscis.gov/i-864p.

2) Please replace this with an acceptable birth certificate from a correct issuing authority. Please use our Document Finder at https://nvc.state.gov/find for acceptable documents guidelines.

I'm lost as to how to proceed. Here is where we stand on both issues ->

1) My income greatly exceeds the one they state as a requirement on their website. I offered as proof two months-worth of paystubs and my offer letter, which states my yearly income which is in the 6-figures and we will only have a 2-person household. I also submitted two tax transcripts, but the one for 2021 was missing and I made note of this in a cover letter with a tracking receipt + full set of scans of the tax return as proof that I did mail it in, and that they DID received it, but claim they have no record of a tax return. I have since fixed this problem with the IRS by sending in a new return about a month ago. There is nowhere to ask questions as to how the NVC reached this determination. What do I do now?

2) A more minor "issue", but this one is their mistake - we have uploaded a translated, official birth certificate issued by Germany, so there is literally nothing else we can provide. Context: my spouse's BC looks a little non-standard as it was issued in the DDR/former Eastern Germany. I suspect this is why it's flagged, even though it's got a city stamp, a full professional translation, etc. What to do now?

This is so frustrating. Any advice is very welcome.

I-130 (Potomac)

NOA1: 09/11/2021

NOA2: 11/21/2022

(NVC + Frankfurt Consulate)

NVC Docs Submitted: 12/03/2022

DQ: 01/30/2023

Appointment: 03/14/2023

Timeline
2 hours ago, iwannaplay54 said:

You started this job when?

In July 2022. Prior to that I had no US-based income.

Edited by shytown

I-130 (Potomac)

2) Does the Birth certificate meet the requirements on this page?  https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Germany.html

Could you request a new certificate issued by the district office where to birth occured (as quoted below)?

Birth Certificates

Available

Fees:  There is a fee for each certificate and for any additional copy. The same amount is charged for certificates issued on an "international" form.

Document Name: Geburtsurkunde

Issuing Authority: Local registrar's office (Standesamt) where the birth occurred.

NOTE: For former East Germany, this applies only to those civil status cases that occurred after October 2, 1990. For events occurring prior to this date, documents from this part of Germany are issued by the district office where the event occurred.

Special Seal(s) / Color / Format: Local registrar’s office official seal, signed by the recording official/ white paper/ different formats depending on issuance date

Issuing Authority Personnel Title: Standesbeamter (recording official)

Registration Criteria: To be checked with issuing authority

Procedure for Obtaining: The requested certificates are usually mailed out by the registrar's office with the fees being collected on delivery. The applicant may enclose a self-addressed and stamped return envelope and use German postage stamps or a collection-only check for payment.

Certified Copies Available: Yes, “beglaubigte Abschrift aus dem Geburtsregister“

Alternate Documents: Auszug aus dem Geburtseintrag (extract from birth registration). This document is also issued by the German registration office (Standesamt) where the birth was registered.

Exceptions: None

Comments: In lieu of the birth certificate, you may also request an “Auszug aus dem Geburtenregister” (extract from the birth register). This document is a certified copy of the birth register listing name, date of birth, place of birth, name of parents, in case of adoption, name of adoptive parents.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

It’s an automatic message sent out whenever your most recent tax document shows income below the 125% guidelines. We got the same message too and we got DQ’d based on current income. The CO will make the final decision.

I would say ignore it and focus on the birth certificate now.

Timeline
15 hours ago, Lemonslice said:

2) Does the Birth certificate meet the requirements on this page?  https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Germany.html

Could you request a new certificate issued by the district office where to birth occured (as quoted below)?

The issue ended up being that my husband submitted a photocopy of a photocopy because that is what he was issued by the local registrar. He apparently had stuffed away in his files (luckily) the one and only original copy. 😅 So we'll resubmit this and should be good to go.

I-130 (Potomac)

Timeline
13 hours ago, Jordanian Bride said:

It’s an automatic message sent out whenever your most recent tax document shows income below the 125% guidelines. We got the same message too and we got DQ’d based on current income. The CO will make the final decision.

I would say ignore it and focus on the birth certificate now.

Interesting, I dug around a bit more and it seems you're absolutely right. A lot of people are sent out this message for whatever reason. And now, re-reading the message, it is clear that they are not prompting us to do anything. My suspicion is, when we fix the birth certificate issue, we'll get DQ'd. Thanks for your feedback and all the best! :) 

I-130 (Potomac)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.