JojoandTomas

JANUARY 2023 K1 to NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

261 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I have a question. I got notice the NVC sent the "K1 visa petition to the U.S. Embassy/Consulate in Lagos, Nigeria". So we're getting ready to complete the DS-160 application form, but I'm not sure where to send / file the !-134 form. The I-134 instructions simply say to visit their website www.uscis.gov/1-134 (which doesn't tell me anything) or "visit the USCIS Contact Center at www.uscis.gov/contactcenter to connect with a USCIS representative for the most current information about where to file".

When you call the USCIS Contact Center, it keeps saying "if you continue to ask for a Representative, I will have to end the call" so I'm kind of stuck/lost what to do at this point.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Benin
Timeline
28 minutes ago, Briank22 said:

I have a question. I got notice the NVC sent the "K1 visa petition to the U.S. Embassy/Consulate in Lagos, Nigeria". So we're getting ready to complete the DS-160 application form, but I'm not sure where to send / file the !-134 form. The I-134 instructions simply say to visit their website www.uscis.gov/1-134 (which doesn't tell me anything) or "visit the USCIS Contact Center at www.uscis.gov/contactcenter to connect with a USCIS representative for the most current information about where to file".

When you call the USCIS Contact Center, it keeps saying "if you continue to ask for a Representative, I will have to end the call" so I'm kind of stuck/lost what to do at this point.

Complete your ds-160 application online and notify the US embassy to verify whether they’ve received your case or not…about your I-134, your fiancée will carry that with her to the interview. All you gotta do now is wait until they send you the first package via email.

Timeline
6 hours ago, Fabric said:

Complete your ds-160 application online and notify the US embassy to verify whether they’ve received your case or not…about your I-134, your fiancée will carry that with her to the interview. All you gotta do now is wait until they send you the first package via email.

Thanks! I meant to reply directly to this question. So along with the I-134 I also send the IRS transcripts, statement from the Bank, etc for my fiancee to bring to the Interview?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Benin
Timeline
13 hours ago, Briank22 said:

Thanks! I meant to reply directly to this question. So along with the I-134 I also send the IRS transcripts, statement from the Bank, etc for my fiancee to bring to the Interview?

Yes. All the instructions about what to do and what to bring are in the package the embassy will email you in 3 or 4 weeks. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Has anyone received a packet 3 from Canada even though the CEAC says that the case is `Ready`? It's been over 2 weeks and no correspondence from them. 

Anyone have similar luck?

What should we do?

Timeline
7 hours ago, kardib said:

Has anyone received a packet 3 from Canada even though the CEAC says that the case is `Ready`? It's been over 2 weeks and no correspondence from them. 

Anyone have similar luck?

What should we do?

We've also been waiting on Ready for a few weeks now, it's been Last Updated with the Ready status at 3 different points, I assume those being "received digitally", "received physically", and I'm hoping the 3rd update means "sent out packet 3" but have yet to get anything and that last update was on March 29th. Also have my fiance in the US checking her email/mail on the off chance it gets sent to her as I saw that happen to someone else.

Don't know if they're just really backed up or what, also sent an email inquiry to the consulate to no response and that was on March 26th.

Timeline
33 minutes ago, Spirit_In_Red said:

We've also been waiting on Ready for a few weeks now, it's been Last Updated with the Ready status at 3 different points, I assume those being "received digitally", "received physically", and I'm hoping the 3rd update means "sent out packet 3" but have yet to get anything and that last update was on March 29th. Also have my fiance in the US checking her email/mail on the off chance it gets sent to her as I saw that happen to someone else.

Don't know if they're just really backed up or what, also sent an email inquiry to the consulate to no response and that was on March 26th.

What do you mean that it's been ready at 3 different points?

How do you check that?

Timeline
7 minutes ago, kardib said:

What do you mean that it's been ready at 3 different points?

How do you check that?

I've been checking via the CEAC website at https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?App=IV

You need your Case Number (the one that starts with MTL) and have to select Immigrant Visa and then it should give you a pop up with the case status. For me, it says my case was created Feb 15th and was last updated Mar 29th. It's currently Ready but the status was updated to that a few weeks ago but has evidently been "updated" a couple times since then.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Spirit_In_Red said:

I've been checking via the CEAC website at https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?App=IV

You need your Case Number (the one that starts with MTL) and have to select Immigrant Visa and then it should give you a pop up with the case status. For me, it says my case was created Feb 15th and was last updated Mar 29th. It's currently Ready but the status was updated to that a few weeks ago but has evidently been "updated" a couple times since then.

Hmm, interesting. 

Ours says created on the 27th of Feb and last updated March 20. 

No other updates or anything since March 20. Wonder if there's a way to reach out to Montreal to get status about the case (besides email).

Timeline

Our case arrived to city 3/21 but it says we are still in transit. My partner tried to call the embassy about 1 week later and apparently they were very rude. That was discouraging. I thought we'd be further along by this date. 

Timeline

Received in transit notification 3/15/23. Per tips here on VJ I tracked DHL packet arrival to 3/21/23. I had my partner call the embassy in his hometown 1 week later to inquire if received. They were rude and said just to be patient no information was given. A tad bit annoyed I figured today 4/6/23, I would send an email to embassy myself to inquire. I got an automated response within 5 minutes and an actual response within the hour. I received a login and password to a portal. I tried only 2 times earlier and failed to enter. Then I tried again this evening and got to the page that says create new password and was kicked off. Anyone know what this is for? My partner has not received anything from the embassy. I know we're supposed to trust the process- but not sure what part of the process we can truly trust. I swear if it weren't for VJ many would be lost. 

Timeline
On 4/4/2023 at 7:35 AM, Spirit_In_Red said:

I ended up sending the Packet 3 (without actually receiving it) and it took them about a week to send us the Packet 4. YMMV but it's worth a shot.

Waiting to find an appointment now.

Timeline
23 hours ago, kardib said:

I ended up sending the Packet 3 (without actually receiving it) and it took them about a week to send us the Packet 4. YMMV but it's worth a shot.

Waiting to find an appointment now.

Sent Packet 3 as suggested, I guess we'll see. Interesting that my actual inquiry email got no automated response but my Packet 3 email did.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
On 1/28/2023 at 2:05 PM, Lalaloopsy said:

NOA 2: 13 January 2023

Any other filers here from Ireland?

Hello @Lalaloopsy, it's great to come across someone located in Ireland as well. I noticed that you are quite a bit further in the process then we are, and I'm really interested in keeping up with your case. Our NOA2 was received your NOA2 on March 20th, 2023

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.