RedAndChile

Aditional proof of US domicile - RFE at interview

57 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, RedAndChile said:

Indeed. . . it's lucrative, I agree.

I understand, but It's just that the CO wrote on the paper that she gave me "Job offer". I guess this email counts and proves that the USC is seeking job, so hopefully she feels satisfied and convinced.

We'll wait for the next job interview (next week's friday) and then we're gonna send what we have. Today's job interview is our strongest "job offer" for now.

Thanks again!!!

You don’t need an offer.  You just need to demonstrate you’re seeking a job.  I think you’ll do fine.  Your case was a little weak up front and that’s probably why the CO wanted more.  You’ve done several big things, I think it will get your case through.  Best of luck!

Edited by iwannaplay54

Hello everybody! small update before tomorrow (second job interview to finally respond RFE by mail).

The first interviewer sent the mail saying that they were interested in conducting another interview, but this time in person with classroom evaluation (the USC is a teacher.)

We'll attach this email and her job application forms to prove that she's seeking job, with an explanation on every job opportunity in the petitioner's letter. Again we're still worried that they're not actually job offers, but they are showing interest in hiring her.

I've been thinking about something else now: If we get approved with the CR-1 visa in a month, we would be arriving by the end of february 2023. Our second anniversary is april 16th, meaning that we should already apply as soon as we get there for a adjustment of status, since our second anniversary is already very close. Is there any catch with the timing we're having? since I read that adjustment of status is suposed to be sent 90 days leading prior the second anniversary. *EDIT* I just searched it again and it's the 90 days leading the second anniversary.

Another question, when approved after RFE, do we get an email saying so? or do we wait for the DHL notification of documents?.

Well, that's all for now, let's see how it goes tomorrow so we can hopefully send everything very soon.

Thank you very much!

Edited by RedAndChile

11 minutes ago, RedAndChile said:

Our second anniversary is april 16th, meaning that we should already apply as soon as we get there for a adjustment of status, since our second anniversary is already very close.

No need for Adjustment of Status for CR1.  After you enter the US with a spouse visa, you immediately become a US permanent resident (ie. green card holder) the moment CBP stamps the visa on your passport.  Your stamped visa will serve as your temporary green card for 1 year.

Maybe you mean Removal of Conditions (ROC)?  That's for those with 2-year green cards.  Filing for ROC is required within 90-days before the 2nd anniversary of the green card, not the marriage.  You can avoid ROC completely if you first enter the US with your spouse visa AFTER your 2nd wedding anniversary, assuming your spouse visa is not expired by then.  That way, you get a 10-year green card, not a 2-year one.  When was your visa medical completed?

9 minutes ago, Chancy said:

No need for Adjustment of Status for CR1.  After you enter the US with a spouse visa, you immediately become a US permanent resident (ie. green card holder) the moment CBP stamps the visa on your passport.  Your stamped visa will serve as your temporary green card for 1 year.

Maybe you mean Removal of Conditions (ROC)?  That's for those with 2-year green cards.  Filing for ROC is required within 90-days before the 2nd anniversary of the green card, not the marriage.  You can avoid ROC completely if you first enter the US with your spouse visa AFTER your 2nd wedding anniversary, assuming your spouse visa is not expired by then.  That way, you get a 10-year green card, not a 2-year one.  When was your visa medical completed?

You're right! I meant the ROC.

My medical examination was november 2nd, and approved 7 days later. The vaccination document with all the details says "date of expiration: Sept. 30th 2024", but I'm aware that the medical exam is good for 6 months, right?

It'd be nice to enter with the 10 year GC and not have to go through the ROC process, but I believe the medical exam will expire by then. We're gonna have to go through that tho.

29 minutes ago, RedAndChile said:

My medical examination was november 2nd, and approved 7 days later. The vaccination document with all the details says "date of expiration: Sept. 30th 2024", but I'm aware that the medical exam is good for 6 months, right?

It'd be nice to enter with the 10 year GC and not have to go through the ROC process, but I believe the medical exam will expire by then. We're gonna have to go through that tho.

If your medical was Nov 2 (or Nov 9??) it would probably be good until May 2 (or May 9).  Double check the expiration date whenever you get the visa. If your 2nd anniversary is April 16, there may be a pretty powerful incentive to delay entering the US until after April 16 to immediately get a 10 year green card and completely avoid the hassle and expense of removal of conditions.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• December 17, 2020:  Married in Costa Rica
  • March 08, 2021: Filed l-130s Online
  • March 09, 2021: NOA1
  • April 26, 2021: NOA2, I-130s Approved
  • April 30, 2021: NVC Received
  • May 01, 2021: Pay AOS and IV Bills
  • May 06, 2021: Submit AOS, Financial Docs and DS-260s
  • May 14, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Stepdaughter
  • May 21, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Wife
  • June 25, 2021: NVC review for Stepdaughter, RFE submit additional Doc
  • July 08, 2021: Wife Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • August 31, 2021: Stepdaughter Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • September 15, 2021: Received Interview Date from NVC, October 05, 2021
  • September 22, 2021: Passed physicals at Saint Luke's Extension Clinic
  • October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.
  • October 05, 2021: CEAC status changed to "Issued"
  • October 07, 2021: Passports tracking for delivery on 2GO Courier website
  • October 08, 2021: Passports with visas delivered.  "Visas on hand"
  • October 08, 2021: Paid Immigrant Fee
  • October 12, 2021: Temporary CFO Certificates Received
  • October 26, 2021 POE arrival at LAX
  • November 02, 2021 Social Security Cards arrive in mail
  • January 31, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Is Being Produced"
  • February 04, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"
  • February 07, 2022: Green cards received. 

omg, I'm gonna check on that but it seems we're gonna have to go through that, we're not planning on staying for long here in Chile. It's so sad to see how much of a difference it would make . . .hahahahaha

8 minutes ago, top_secret said:

If your medical was Nov 2 (or Nov 9??) it would probably be good until May 2 (or May 9).  Double check the expiration date whenever you get the visa. If your 2nd anniversary is April 16, there may be a pretty powerful incentive to delay entering the US until after April 16 to immediately get a 10 year green card and completely avoid the hassle and expense of removal of conditions.

omg, I'm gonna check on that but it seems we're gonna have to go through that, we're not planning on staying for long here in Chile. It's so sad to see how much of a difference it would make . . .hahahahaha

3 minutes ago, RedAndChile said:

The big move is obviously a much higher priority but it is good to know what options may be on the table.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• December 17, 2020:  Married in Costa Rica
  • March 08, 2021: Filed l-130s Online
  • March 09, 2021: NOA1
  • April 26, 2021: NOA2, I-130s Approved
  • April 30, 2021: NVC Received
  • May 01, 2021: Pay AOS and IV Bills
  • May 06, 2021: Submit AOS, Financial Docs and DS-260s
  • May 14, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Stepdaughter
  • May 21, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Wife
  • June 25, 2021: NVC review for Stepdaughter, RFE submit additional Doc
  • July 08, 2021: Wife Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • August 31, 2021: Stepdaughter Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • September 15, 2021: Received Interview Date from NVC, October 05, 2021
  • September 22, 2021: Passed physicals at Saint Luke's Extension Clinic
  • October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.
  • October 05, 2021: CEAC status changed to "Issued"
  • October 07, 2021: Passports tracking for delivery on 2GO Courier website
  • October 08, 2021: Passports with visas delivered.  "Visas on hand"
  • October 08, 2021: Paid Immigrant Fee
  • October 12, 2021: Temporary CFO Certificates Received
  • October 26, 2021 POE arrival at LAX
  • November 02, 2021 Social Security Cards arrive in mail
  • January 31, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Is Being Produced"
  • February 04, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"
  • February 07, 2022: Green cards received. 

7 minutes ago, top_secret said:

The big move is obviously a much higher priority but it is good to know what options may be on the table.

Oh yeah, definitely will have it present.

25 minutes ago, RedAndChile said:

Another question: would a purchased flight ticket for the USC help?

So, do you think this would be helpful?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
On 12/27/2022 at 10:01 AM, RedAndChile said:

- Signed agreement for lease at her parents house (they are our joint sponsor+HH member)

Hi, I assume your wife is using her parent's house as her domicile, that' why she has a lease with them.  So serious question, is that a "bona fide" lease, where your wife actually pay rent to her parents? or is that a "fake" lease, done expressly to submit for immigration purpose?

1 hour ago, FPS81 said:

Hi, I assume your wife is using her parent's house as her domicile, that' why she has a lease with them.  So serious question, is that a "bona fide" lease, where your wife actually pay rent to her parents? or is that a "fake" lease, done expressly to submit for immigration purpose?

Hello! The document is a formalization of something we already talked about and agreed a long time ago. Yes, it is bona-fide, we are gonna pay money to cover all of our expenses (common services, food, etc) at the house plus a small help to them in a monthly basis. For what I've heard and seen in other posts, it's very common to sign a lease with your parents when adding evidences of US domicile.

Edited by RedAndChile
Misspelling

So the interview went pretty well, she's gonna get a form to file to this job and they're gonna send a job offer next week (that's what she was told, so hopefully they do next week!). We're thinking of waiting the extra week to get the job offer and send it to the CO.

Feeling more relieved. We're gonna attach everything regarding this job, emails, meeting schedule, the form and the job offer with an explanation of the job opportunity.

That's the update for now! thank you everyone, we'll keep you updated :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
7 hours ago, RedAndChile said:

Hello! The document is a formalization of something we already talked about and agreed a long time ago. Yes, it is bona-fide, we are gonna pay money to cover all of our expenses (common services, food, etc) at the house plus a small help to them in a monthly basis. For what I've heard and seen in other posts, it's very common to sign a lease with your parents when adding evidences of US domicile.

Okay, so what does the lease look like? how long is it?  did she write it up herself or was there a template she used? is it like a simple lease since it's with a family member? or is it really detailed all legal looking lease like you would do with a normal tenant?

Just want to know in case I need it for my own case, thanks for your response.

The lease has 1 page, it's really simple and short, indicating all the data of course with some rules. Visajourney doesn't let me share a word document here, but it lets me share a PDF, so I'm gonna attach that here so you can take a look. I got this template in a realtor website.

It's important that everyone involved signs of course!

Hope it helps you out :), have a great weekend!

Month-to-Month Rental Agreement - Template.pdf

Hi!!

Well, we're thinking of sending everything tomorrow. Sadly, the job offer will not be received at least until next week, since the recruiter is going to interview the USC references next monday. We still have email conversations and applications for two different jobs for the USC. In one of the emails, the recruiter says "Looking forward working with you". I have no idea how they evaluate this part of the evidence, but it's logically something very positive to it. The other job wrote "we would like to continue the hiring process in person once you get back to the U.S., with an observation in the classroom".

Still, we feel like it's okay to send it tomorrow. VERY SCARY tho. . .

I appreciate your time, we'll update as soon as we get an answer from the CO.

Does anybody know how much time they take to check everything in the embassy?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.