Spouse_vis

December 2022 I-130 filers

23 posts in this topic

I filed on December 10 2022 online for spouse living abroad.

PD-12/10/2022

NOA1- same date

US citizen filing spouse 

K3 filed/mailed on 12/12/2022 no received notice yet.

Received email on 12/13/2022 saying “we have taken action on your case” no status update as of yet. Again received another email next day saying same thing no status update as well as nothing on documents tab except Notice pdf which was there since the file date 12/10/2022.

anyone received similar email ? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Check your case status. https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

Probably says your application is being actively reviewed. If it is, don’t get your hopes up — it doesn’t mean much.

Edited by Jordanian Bride

• 3 weeks later...

@Spouse_vis I'm a Jan filer, but after filing and getting NOA1 from Nebraska and active review right away, I got a similar "we have taken action" email that didn't seem to map to any changes in the online status. I asked Emma about my service center a couple days later and she said my case was in Texas, so I suspect the action taken was the transfer from Nebraska to Texas.

Now we wait.

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hey everyone, 

I filed my case online as well NOA1: 12/27/22. 

I have seen people file K3 after their I130, saying that it speeds up your approval while others say it makes no difference. 

What are your opinions? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

We filed in December also. 
PD 12/30/22

AR1 12/30/22 from Nebraska 

We got a similar email that they had taken action on our case about 5 days later, and there were never any updates online. 

A few days ago, I asked Emma to connect to live chat, and I discovered we had been moved to Vermont. I suspect this is the “action taken on our case”. 

We also sent K3 01/23/23, which was received in Texas 01/25/23, but we have not received any receipt notice so far. 

2 hours ago, 767Peach said:

We filed in December also. 
PD 12/30/22

AR1 12/30/22 from Nebraska 

We got a similar email that they had taken action on our case about 5 days later, and there were never any updates online. 

A few days ago, I asked Emma to connect to live chat, and I discovered we had been moved to Vermont. I suspect this is the “action taken on our case”. 

We also sent K3 01/23/23, which was received in Texas 01/25/23, but we have not received any receipt notice so far. 

You were almost lucky haha, it was in Nebraska and with K3 it would have processed within 4-6 months in Nebraska SC , I have been doing so much research and saw very quick approvals from Nebraska with K3 and also on USCIS website processing times for K3 at Nebraska shows 4 months however Vermont I think is more than I-130 processing times.

Mine is at Potomac and it’s the slowest and seems like Potomac does process in chronological order so no hope at all however lately I have seen some very few quick approvals(6-7 months) at Vermont SC for those who have filed K3 so there is some hope for you, otherwise Vermont processing  time is worst of all SC. 

They have committed to improve for quicker decisions for FY2023 and new goal is to process within 6 months that’s the only hope I have otherwise we will be waiting for 1 years of just I-130 approval looking at last year trend and another 2 months at NVC and then don’t know how long wait for visa appointments at embassy so roughly 1.5-1.8 years to complete everything sadly 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
23 hours ago, Spouse_vis said:

You were almost lucky haha, it was in Nebraska and with K3 it would have processed within 4-6 months in Nebraska SC , I have been doing so much research and saw very quick approvals from Nebraska with K3 and also on USCIS website processing times for K3 at Nebraska shows 4 months however Vermont I think is more than I-130 processing times.

Mine is at Potomac and it’s the slowest and seems like Potomac does process in chronological order so no hope at all however lately I have seen some very few quick approvals(6-7 months) at Vermont SC for those who have filed K3 so there is some hope for you, otherwise Vermont processing  time is worst of all SC. 

They have committed to improve for quicker decisions for FY2023 and new goal is to process within 6 months that’s the only hope I have otherwise we will be waiting for 1 years of just I-130 approval looking at last year trend and another 2 months at NVC and then don’t know how long wait for visa appointments at embassy so roughly 1.5-1.8 years to complete everything sadly 

Yes, it’s all very disheartening, isn’t it? Personally, I’d be ok with the long processing times if they just had some of actual countdown attached to them. I hate having no idea when the process will end so the next one can start.  

I was really hoping we’d stay in Nebraska, but it is what it is….  

I hope you’ll have a speedy process that exceeds your expectations.  Crossing fingers for all of us in this December ‘22 thread. I hope it’s full of good news sooner than we hoped. 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hello All, 

I (US Citizen) am filing for my husband (Mexican citizen). He crossed the border illegally as a kid (not DACA) and has been here for over 15 years. I know we will have to file an I-601a (or I-601 still not sure which will be needed). Does anyone know when during the process the I-601a should be filed? Actually, the order of all forms would really help just for peace of mind and reassurance, I have been down the rabbit hole and terrified with what some of these lawyers put their clients through.

Visa Journey: 

Nov 21, 2022: finalized with lawyer to begin the process.

Dec 5, 2022: I-130 was submitted. 

Dec 9,2022: Received account acceptance notice. Nebraska Service Center, I have seen some say they started with Nebraska but got switched to a different center (fingers crossed it's not because everywhere else other than California has longer processing times). 

Jan 7,2023: Case is actively being reviewed. 

While logged into my account the Processing Time tab states that my estimated time until case decision is 3 months. however, the Check Case Processing Times site (egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/) put it at 10.5 months. Is there a reason why they don't match? 

Anyways, Good luck to us all! 

On 2/14/2023 at 6:13 AM, Chanty said:

Hello All, 

I (US Citizen) am filing for my husband (Mexican citizen). He crossed the border illegally as a kid (not DACA) and has been here for over 15 years. I know we will have to file an I-601a (or I-601 still not sure which will be needed). Does anyone know when during the process the I-601a should be filed? Actually, the order of all forms would really help just for peace of mind and reassurance, I have been down the rabbit hole and terrified with what some of these lawyers put their clients through.

Visa Journey: 

Nov 21, 2022: finalized with lawyer to begin the process.

Dec 5, 2022: I-130 was submitted. 

Dec 9,2022: Received account acceptance notice. Nebraska Service Center, I have seen some say they started with Nebraska but got switched to a different center (fingers crossed it's not because everywhere else other than California has longer processing times). 

Jan 7,2023: Case is actively being reviewed. 

While logged into my account the Processing Time tab states that my estimated time until case decision is 3 months. however, the Check Case Processing Times site (egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/) put it at 10.5 months. Is there a reason why they don't match? 

Anyways, Good luck to us all! 

Processing time is by case by case basis. It’s good it shows only 3 months for you however do not get too excited because most of the times it’s not accurate that’s what I have seen on lots of people cases, after 3 months high chance of showing “it’s taking longer than expected” hope yours will be approved within this time frame. Also you might want to check with USCIS live agent regarding your case to find out which service center has your your case currently. Hope it stays at Nebraska!! 

• 7 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.