J&D1008

DECEMBER 2022 K1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

128 posts in this topic

49 minutes ago, VJ_AJ said:

Congratulations! When did you send the inquiry? I sent an inquiry early Wed morning and am still waiting for a response.

Did you check the status under "immigrant" or "non-immigrant" options? Try https://ceac.state.gov/IV/Login.aspx

Yes I did. It says it’s a non-immigrant visa but i couldn’t find how to do. 

I sent an inquiry on Tuesday by using the form on the website. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Poppy65100 said:

How do you know they’re working until midnight? I'm crossing everything that they are. 

I am assuming this based on the timing of replies I have received from NVC to my previous inquiries. Earliest as 7:23am and as late as 11:21pm eastern.

As per ***removed***, NVC live assistance hours are 7:30am - midnight. I am making another assumption that these were the working hours when they had the phone lines working. I could be wrong.

image.thumb.png.8a4b1f0cf7c0c59072b60952554d3111.png

2 minutes ago, VJ_AJ said:

I am assuming this based on the timing of replies I have received from NVC to my previous inquiries. Earliest as 7:23am and as late as 11:21pm eastern.

As per ***removed***, NVC live assistance hours are 7:30am - midnight. I am making another assumption that these were the working hours when they had the phone lines working. I could be wrong.

image.thumb.png.8a4b1f0cf7c0c59072b60952554d3111.png

I'd agree with you. 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, ezk said:

Yes I did. It says it’s a non-immigrant visa but i couldn’t find how to do. 

I sent an inquiry on Tuesday by using the form on the website. 

Thank you for the reply. For K1, please try checking under the "immigrant" visa status check https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/

Perhaps, others can confirm the link too  

19 hours ago, ezk said:

Oh yes. It works. 
I appreciate your help. 

Did you just check the Visa Status via the Case Number or did you log into https://ceac.state.gov/iv/ with both the case number and Invoice ID number? Curious to know because NVC only sent me the case number and not the Invoice ID number so was wondering if you log into the website with the Invoice Number what does it allow you to do or see? Right now with only the NVC case number you can only check the Visa Status which states "At NVC".

For any of you December 2022 NOA2, did you Visa Status change from "At NVC" to "In Transit" recently? If so did NVC send you an email notifying you that your case is in transit to the embassy? How long does it typically take the NVC to mail the case to embassy? Did any of you that have your case "At NVC" sent a follow up inquiry to NVC to ask for the status of your case?

17 minutes ago, LA1234 said:

Did you just check the Visa Status via the Case Number or did you log into https://ceac.state.gov/iv/ with both the case number and Invoice ID number? Curious to know because NVC only sent me the case number and not the Invoice ID number so was wondering if you log into the website with the Invoice Number what does it allow you to do or see? Right now with only the NVC case number you can only check the Visa Status which states "At NVC".

I checked the Visa Status by using the case number and I see the same message. "at NVC" I don't really know how long will it take to be in transit but I will be optimistic and say about 2 weeks. ( I am trying to expedite because my residence permit expires soon. I am informed that the consulate will decide if they can expedite or not. )

I guess invoice number is needed to pay the fee before the appointment. But I am not sure. It's interesting that you didn't receive invoice number. But I am sure if that's a mistake, they will correct it soon. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline
On 2/9/2023 at 6:42 AM, Poppy65100 said:

I wonder if you guys messaged today if you would get the same message we did on Monday… I’m NOA2 9th Dec and they’re currently working on ours. 

I have emailed them on Wednesday afternoon and they haven't replied yet.

Hoping they are processing mine too now.

Timeline

I got my CEAC # from NVC just now after I had sent an inquiry on Feb 8. I had asked for Invoice ID but they didn't include it in their reply. I will be sending another inquiry.

Using the Julian calendar method, I see that the case # was assigned on Feb 8. Praying that NVC includes my petition in the next shipment on Feb 14-15.

NOA2: Dec 6, 2022

NVC Received Date: Jan 6, 2023

Edited by VJ_AJ

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
59 minutes ago, Syntax said:

Hello friends! I recently received my Case Number but the email did not contain the Invoice ID Number. How can I go about obtaining this?

You can request it but you don't really need it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I got a notification that they sent my case to the embassy today. The case was created on February 1st and transferred on the 14th so it took them about two weeks. It looks like they are speeding this up. Hopefully they'll receive and process it next week.

19 minutes ago, biscoito1r said:

I got a notification that they sent my case to the embassy today. The case was created on February 1st and transferred on the 14th so it took them about two weeks. It looks like they are speeding this up. Hopefully they'll receive and process it next week.

Are you waiting until the next notification to schedule an appointment or doing it sooner?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.