J&D1008

DECEMBER 2022 K1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

128 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
3 hours ago, Dray3 said:

So my K1 visa was approved on Dec 6th 2022 and I know NVC has informed me that they received the case but have not logged my application into their system. Is everyone else on the same boat? I sent them an email 2 days ago still havent heard back.

My NOA2 is December 6, 2022. NVC confirmed that the case was received on Jan 6, 2023. I had sent an inquiry last Thursday using the NVC public inquiry form and received the standard reply yesterday that the case is still waiting for data entry. I have sent another inquiry today and hoping to hear back by Friday this week. Please post if you hear anything back from NVC.   

Hi All,

Has anyone else just received the NVC case number without the Invoice ID Number from NVC through an email with a message that states "You will be notified once this case is forwarded to the assigned US Embassy"? When you log into the CEAC Visa Status it just says its "AT NVC". They tell you to log in to the website ceac.state.gov/iv but you will need an Invoice ID number to do so. Was wondering if others are on the same boat and what this means and what the next step is to get that Invoice ID Number.

Thanks

18 hours ago, biscoito1r said:

I got my case number from NVC. I emailed them on Friday and received the answer today. It still says "At NVC". It was assigned a number on February 1st. Hopefully they'll ship it next week since they are supposed to ship every other week. I'm not holding my breath on that one because they also used to take no more than 6 weeks to create a case.

I got the same thing. Did they send you the Invoice ID Number? They tell you to log in to the ceac.state.gov/iv but you need an Invoice ID Number to do so. Wondering what the next step is, if we have to inquire NVC for the Invoice ID number or will they email us once the case is mailed to the Embassy.

5 minutes ago, LA1234 said:

I got the same thing. Did they send you the Invoice ID Number? They tell you to log in to the ceac.state.gov/iv but you need an Invoice ID Number to do so. Wondering what the next step is, if we have to inquire NVC for the Invoice ID number or will they email us once the case is mailed to the Embassy.

When was your noa2?

Timeline
1 hour ago, LA1234 said:

Hi All,

Has anyone else just received the NVC case number without the Invoice ID Number from NVC through an email with a message that states "You will be notified once this case is forwarded to the assigned US Embassy"? When you log into the CEAC Visa Status it just says its "AT NVC". They tell you to log in to the website ceac.state.gov/iv but you will need an Invoice ID number to do so. Was wondering if others are on the same boat and what this means and what the next step is to get that Invoice ID Number.

Thanks

I read in one of the posts that USCIS case # can be used as the invoice ID to log into CEAC site. Perhaps you can give that a try and let us know if that works. Hopefully others can also confirm if they see the same on their welcome letter. 

Edited by VJ_AJ

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
1 hour ago, bonshawn said:

Did they email you a Case Tracker number AND Invoice ID?

Word for word, here is what they provided to us:

Dear Sir/Madam:

The National Visa Center is ready to accept fees, documents, and forms in support of this immigrant visa application. We will send detailed instructions to the petitioner, principal applicant, and/or attorney of record soon. Thank you for your patience; we look forward to working with you.

The invoice I.D. number for visa petition ABDxxxxxxxxxx is: xxxxxxxx

The beneficiary I.D. number for [redacted] is xxxxxxxx.

Hello everyone,

Good news !

I just received my case number + Invoice ID number from the NVC today. 

I couldn't log in on the CEAC website. Is it normal ?

"You will be notified once this case is forwarded to the assigned US Embassy/Consulate General." is also written in the email. I suppose I should wait ? 

NOA1: October 02

NOA2 : December 14

Timeline
26 minutes ago, ezk said:

Hello everyone,

Good news !

I just received my case number + Invoice ID number from the NVC today. 

I couldn't log in on the CEAC website. Is it normal ?

"You will be notified once this case is forwarded to the assigned US Embassy/Consulate General." is also written in the email. I suppose I should wait ? 

NOA1: October 02

NOA2 : December 14

Congratulations! When did you send the inquiry? I sent an inquiry early Wed morning and am still waiting for a response.

Did you check the status under "immigrant" or "non-immigrant" options? Try https://ceac.state.gov/IV/Login.aspx

17 minutes ago, VJ_AJ said:

Congratulations! When did you send the inquiry? I sent an inquiry early Wed morning and am still waiting for a response.

Did you check the status under "immigrant" or "non-immigrant" options? Try https://ceac.state.gov/IV/Login.aspx

I'm still waiting myself and I sent an inquiry on Monday. 

Timeline
12 minutes ago, polishk1 said:

I'm still waiting myself and I sent an inquiry on Monday. 

NVC is working till midnight eastern time so we still might hear something before the end of the day. Hopefully they assign our case # this week and include the petition during next shipment to respective embassies on Feb 14 or 15

11 minutes ago, Poppy65100 said:

Me too 🫠 NOA2 of 9th Dec, they replied to our enquiry on Monday to say they were working on ours but nothing more. 

Did you send another inquiry this week? 

2 minutes ago, VJ_AJ said:

NVC is working till midnight eastern time so we still might hear something before the end of the day. Hopefully they assign our case # this week and include the petition during next shipment to respective embassies on Feb 14 or 15

My fiancé just sent another one five minutes ago. 

7 minutes ago, VJ_AJ said:

How do you know they’re working until midnight? I'm crossing everything that they are. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.