Play

Have anyone filled the I-129 F form by themselves

11 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Many have.  Self filing K1 people is probably the largest group here on VJ, or perhaps second largest behind IR1/CR1.

Follow the K1 visa guide here on VJ.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

I did; in this order:

Follow the guides on this form, as mentioned above

follow the USCIS instructions. 

double and triple check everything

Make 2 copies of everything

Then come to the forum to ask questions if you are stuck on anything

Then you wait!

Edited by YecaCruz

A Tale of Two Dakotaraguans

K1 Journey - 78 Days

Sent I-129F - 11/16/15 [Day 1]
NOA1 - 11/18 (Hard copy: 11/24) [Day 2, Day 8]
NOA2 - 12/18 (Hard copy: 12/26) [Day 32, Day 40]
NVC received file: 1/05/2016 [Day 50] Obtained NVC invoice number, paid visa fee, filled out DS-160: 1/06 [Day 51]
Fiancé's medical: 1/12 9:00am [Day 57]
Interview: 1/22 9:30am, Approved! [67 days] (F)
Visa status on ceac site= "AP": 1/25, "Issued":01/27, "In Transit: 2/02", Visa packet in hand: 2/03 [Day 78]
POE: (Houston) 2/04, North Dakota arrival: 2/05

Married (civil): 2/05/16 (L)

AOS - 55 Days

I-485, AP, EAD sent : 3/03/2016 [Day 1]

Delivered: 3/04 [Day 2]

Electronic NOA1: 3/08 [Day 5]  NOA1 Hardcopy rcv'd in mail: 3/12 [Day 9]; Biometric Notification rcv'd in mail: 3/26 [Day 23]; Biometrics Appt: 4/06 in Fargo, ND [Day 33]

Notification(s): "Your new card is being produced" 4/23 [Day 48] ; "Your case was approved" 4/26 [Day 51]; "Your card was mailed on 4/27" 4/28 [Day 53]

Green Card in Hand: 4/30 [Day 55]

D-day ("Dress day"/I do...again Day/wedding reception): 9/10/16

ROC - 390 days 

Spoiler

Window opens: 1/24/2018

Package sent: 1/26, Delivered on 1/29 at 11:17am to CSC - [Day 1]

Check cashed: 1/31 [Day 3]

NOA1: 1/29 [Day 1]; NOA rcv'd in mail: 2/02 [Day 4]

Biometrics  Sent 5/5, rcv'd in mail 5/12 [Day 107]

Biometrics appt: Not required

18 Month extension letter received, dated 8/18: 8/24/18 [Day 211]

"New Card Being Produced" - 2/11/19 [Day 382], email "we mailed your card on 2/14" - 2/15

Card arrived: 2/19/19 [Day 390]

Citizenship - 643 Days

Spoiler

Window opens: 01/24/2019

E-file: 01/28/2019 [Day 1]

Biometrics = scheduled: 02/01 [Day 4], view uploaded document: 02/05 [Day 8], appointment day: 02/19 [Day 22] In Fargo, ND

Interview scheduled notification online: 9/3/20 [Day 585]

Interview in Minneapolis, MN: 10/20/20 [Day 632] at 12:15 PM: passed/approved

Oath Ceremony: scheduled 10/20, view letter online 10/21

Oath : Fargo, ND 2:15pm at sanctuary events center. No guests allowed

1808 total days of thinking about/waiting for immigrations!

Applied for US Passport 11/4/2020, application approved 1/26/21, passport and naturalization cert received in mailbox: 1/28/21 📘

I did it with my fiance and it was a loooooooot of work, but not really hard, to be honest. 

The most important things are to pay A LOT of attention to every detail, be organized and say the truth ALL THE TIME, or you can get caught in contradictions. 

When you get the form, make sure to do it from the uscis website, so it's updated (https://www.uscis.gov/i-129f). Right under the link to download the form, you can find the instructions for that specific form. There are also special instructions towards the end of the page. Follow them all carefuly and triple check everything in each step you take while you're filling it. You should also check and follow the instructions on this link: https://www.uscis.gov/forms/filing-guidance/tips-for-filing-forms-by-mail

They helped us a lot to not make any mistakes and to assemble the packet in a way that would make it easier for the officer to go through it and maybe make it move a little faster.

After filling the form itself, we gathered the required evidence (proof of his citizenship, a passport style pic of each of us, proof of meeting in person within two years and our statements of intent to marry), including different types of proof of relationship (pics of us, pics of him with my family, pics of our engagement preparation and day of, boarding passes of all his visits, airbnb's, credit card statements, gift receipts and screenshots of some of our conversations showing our id's and also conversations with othe people mentioning each other) to attach. We organized them with page markers with a name for each type of content and a description sheet for some of them. We also wrote a short description under each picture (we used two or three for each day we've been together) and added post-its on some of the evidences with short explanations or references to other evidences attached.

In the end, we checked eeeeeeverything again and asked a third person (his aunt) to read for us too, to make sure it was making sense for who is not part of the couple and we didn't forget anything. Then we sent it and waited forever......... We were nervous that maybe we did something wrong, but we got our aproval a month ago 😊

I hope it was helpful and wish you a good luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
14 hours ago, Play said:

we are filling all the information any experiences filling all the information

- Don't leave any boxes empty (NONE, N/A)

- Make sure the barcode prints out at the bottom - it won't from the browser, you have to open the file in Acrobat

- Date / Place each photograph on the back

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/6/2022 at 5:39 AM, SteveInBostonI130 said:

Many have.  Self filing K1 people is probably the largest group here on VJ, or perhaps second largest behind IR1/CR1.

Follow the K1 visa guide here on VJ.

During my marriage we separated at some point, I made a mistake and had an affair that ended with a child outside marriage. The child was born 4 months after I got my citizenship. Two years in a half later we divorced. I am not in the birth certificate and But I have rested now many years later Now I am trying for a new opportunity in life. I was wondering if that is ground for Denaturalization.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Play said:

During my marriage we separated at some point, I made a mistake and had an affair that ended with a child outside marriage. The child was born 4 months after I got my citizenship. Two years in a half later we divorced. I am not in the birth certificate and But I have rested now many years later Now I am trying for a new opportunity in life. I was wondering if that is ground for Denaturalization.

Huh? You asked about filing a I 129f. You will need to be a lot clearer in describing your history and concerns 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
1 minute ago, Play said:

Yes, There is a question in I-129f do you have children under 18? and that's the concern

Why ? They dont care if you had them through your msrraige, other relationship, adoption , .. they just want to know 

Just now, Lil bear said:

Why ? They dont care if you had them through your msrraige, other relationship, adoption , .. they just want to know 

Okay,  Perfect I was concern about it, Becuase I heard Trump was going crazy at that time. I made a mistake because sometimes Things get rough in marriages. I am glad everybody sorounding me is good and I have not caused Harm to anyone amid my mistakes.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.