renzy.benzy

N-400 - Notice of Continuance: How to prove immediate family remained in the U.S.?

6 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

My mother had just recently had her N-400 interview. She passed the test, but since her trips within the last 5 years outside the U.S. were about 800 days, he requested additional evidence to make sure she did not abandon her residency. In the letter one of the suggested proof is: 

• Your immediate family remained in the U.S.

I am thinking of ways to provide this evidence and can't think of anything other than my lease agreement and tax returns, but not sure what would be the most effective way to get this done. Has any of you guys had similar experience or do you have any suggestions?

Any feedback is highly appreciated. 

Thank you!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Spouses job, do they rent or own, minor children at school?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
40 minutes ago, renzy.benzy said:

I am thinking of ways to provide this evidence and can't think of anything other than my lease agreement and tax returns, but not sure what would be the most effective way to get this done. Has

Not sure records of an adult child   of an LPR would be compelling as “immediate” in immigration jargon usually means spouse and children under age 21. 

Anyway your online social security earnings records would be a start.  These have been used with success to prove physical presence of citizens trying to transmit citizenship to children born abroad.  

If you were in a K-12 school while she was an LPR in the past 5 years, then I would think your school records would be compelling. 

Did she work full time while she was an LPR in the past 5 years? Her social  security earnings record would be compelling.  

4 hours ago, renzy.benzy said:

Hey guys,

My mother had just recently had her N-400 interview. She passed the test, but since her trips within the last 5 years outside the U.S. were about 800 days, he requested additional evidence to make sure she did not abandon her residency. In the letter one of the suggested proof is: 

• Your immediate family remained in the U.S.

I am thinking of ways to provide this evidence and can't think of anything other than my lease agreement and tax returns, but not sure what would be the most effective way to get this done. Has any of you guys had similar experience or do you have any suggestions?

Any feedback is highly appreciated. 

Thank you!

Banking, finances, auto, auto insurance, license, property ownership (or assets) if any, credit cards, cell account, health insurance, and residence is the list that proves you never intended to abandon status. Otherwise 800 out of 1800 days borders on abuse of the immigration benefit.  
Doesnt matter where you were or what you were doing.  Abandoning residency is one thing but she’s also looking at getting her 5-yr clock reset.  

Edited by iwannaplay54

• 5 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.