kteddy06

NVC asked me to provide written expedite request, which I don't understand

9 posts in this topic

My k-1 petition was approved on 10/27. I have a daughter (US citizen (CRBA), 2 years old) who lives with my fiancé abroad and my fiancé is 6 months pregnant, our second child. Since I am not with her, and she couldn't take care of herself and our daughter as her due date approaching, I requested expedite request via email. I provide medical evidence, my daughter US passport, i-797 as attachments. My statement of expedite is written in the email body. However, I got response below from the NVC, which I don't understand; are they referring to a traditional mail or the statement of expedite request to be written on a word and attached.
"

Your correspondence indicates that you may wish for the processing of this petition to be expedited.  Please provide a written expedite request accompanied by medical documentation, deployment papers, statement of hardship, etc., if applicable.  Upon receipt we will forward the request to the appropriate U.S. Embassy or Consulate General for review.  In order to process this request, we will also need to receive the following additional information:

·           Name, date and country of birth of the beneficiary

·           Beneficiary's foreign address and phone number

·           Notice of Action (Form I-797), indicating the case is approved
"

In short, what does it mean to provide written expedite request?  if it is regular mail, where do I send it?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

What was the nature of the medical evidence?

Sounds like you have not explained the basis of your request for your case to be expedited.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
27 minutes ago, kteddy06 said:

My k-1 petition was approved on 10/27. I have a daughter (US citizen (CRBA), 2 years old) who lives with my fiancé abroad and my fiancé is 6 months pregnant, our second child. Since I am not with her, and she couldn't take care of herself and our daughter as her due date approaching, I requested expedite request via email. I provide medical evidence, my daughter US passport, i-797 as attachments. My statement of expedite is written in the email body. However, I got response below from the NVC, which I don't understand; are they referring to a traditional mail or the statement of expedite request to be written on a word and attached.
"

Your correspondence indicates that you may wish for the processing of this petition to be expedited.  Please provide a written expedite request accompanied by medical documentation, deployment papers, statement of hardship, etc., if applicable.  Upon receipt we will forward the request to the appropriate U.S. Embassy or Consulate General for review.  In order to process this request, we will also need to receive the following additional information:

·           Name, date and country of birth of the beneficiary

·           Beneficiary's foreign address and phone number

·           Notice of Action (Form I-797), indicating the case is approved
"

In short, what does it mean to provide written expedite request?  if it is regular mail, where do I send it?

This does not refer to snail mail.  It refers to an adequate written explanation and expedite request.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

This was my expedite statement. Can you please suggest improvement?

This is FName, LName , a US citizen living in  Washington state. I have a two year old daughter, F, LName, who is a US citizen living with her non-US citizen mother, my fiance in Ethiopia. My K-1 I-129 application for my fiance has been approved on 10/27/2022.

However, I am forced to make an expedite request to the NVC process because my fiance is about six months pregnant, short months from giving birth to our second child and struggling to keep up taking care of our 2-year-old daughter by herself . They both need my care and support, and at this point, the only way I can provide care for them is when they are here at home with me . I have gone to Ethiopia  four times in less than two years so that I can be with them and take care of them. However, at this time, I cannot leave my job and go there. The situation is affecting my well being as I am constantly frustrated and worried. Please consider the severity of my situation and grant my expedited request.

Attached is my daughter's US passport, a medical certificate that shows my fiance being pregnant, and a copy of I-797 C USCIS approval notice.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You mentioned a medical issue?

Realistically even if the case was expedited your GF would not get it before the child’s birth

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

1 hour ago, kteddy06 said:

This was my expedite statement. Can you please suggest improvement

Your statement is good , just add any medical records or details if applicable for:

1. You ( if for example you had to see a doctor or urgent care visit) to manage your own deteriorating health as a result of stress/worry/ anxiety . 
2. Include the negative impact it is having on your ability to work and keep your job 

3. For the 2 year old , if she has any medical conditions for which there is no adequate medical care in Ethiopia 

4. If your wife’s pregnancy is high risk , or she experienced pre mature labor .  add a statement on the condition of her heath and hardship in caring for the 2 year old plus dangers to the unborn child. 
5. Add a statement that your pregnant fiancé has a very short window to be able to safely board a plane for medical reasons and because airlines restrict boarding to pregnant women in late stage .

Do your best to send it in right away , even if you don’t have all the medical records. Most often they approve it without asking for them. 

Print the letter, sign it and email it to ;   NVCExpedite@state.gov

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/national-visa-center/immigrant-visas-processing-general-faqs.html

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

Boiler is correct in an expedite even if approved probably won't do any good. She won't be allowed to fly after a certain point in her pregnancy even if she has her visa due to airline policy. 

Filed: Timeline

Pregnancy is not usually a reason for expediting a case, unless there is something especially concerning about the pregnancy.  Looking at it from an outsider's (Embassy's) perspective, your request didn't seem to supply a reason beyond what is the normal issue of being separated from your family. If being worried and frustrated when not together is a reason to expedite, everyone would be requesting expedites.  Not being able to be with her for the birth or to help afterwards is also normal in the world of immigration. 

By asking for a written expedite request, they are giving you the opportunity to describe the special situation in your case that makes it qualify for an expedite.  Look carefully at Family's list above -- include information such as that (for those areas, if any, that apply to your case).  Also, does your fiance not have any family available to help her?  If not, I would also suggest that information be included.

Also, I assume you did not copy it into this thread for privacy reasons, but make sure you include the three items of "additional information" specified in their request.

Edited by jan22

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.