Momboman177

Next steps with the NVC

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Hello everyone!

Just some background on our case, we received our NOA2 on September 21st after a very long wait (we applied July 2021). After no information from the NVC, I sent an email to the NVC research email (NVCResearch@state.gov) and got a response within a few days saying they received our petition and to wait for further instructions via mail. That was over three weeks ago and still nothing. I sent another email yesterday and got a response today with a case number (progress!) but that's it. I put the number into the CEAC website and it says our case is at the NVC. I guess my question is how much longer until we get that letter and email detailing the final steps to the interview? Is there any action required on my part right now? I'm finalizing documents including the i-134 to send to my fiancée in Indonesia, and if I'm not mistaken, I don't have any fees to pay now. Just a lot of waiting, just passed two months since our NOA2. Thanks for any help! 

That’s about all the action you will get at the NVC stage. Now you wait until the US consulate in Jakarta requests more I-129f petitions to be forwarded to them from NVC. Until then all you can do it wait for the status to change to “In transit” and “Ready”. 

Timeline
26 minutes ago, powerpuff said:

That’s about all the action you will get at the NVC stage. Now you wait until the US consulate in Jakarta requests more I-129f petitions to be forwarded to them from NVC. Until then all you can do it wait for the status to change to “In transit” and “Ready”. 

Thanks for the reply! When I use the new case number they sent me on the CEAC website, it just says my case is at the NVC, I don't see anything regarding in transit -  are they waiting for the consulate in Jakarta to request more petitions? I thought when the NVC receives our case, they send an email and letter to both me and my fiancée with instructions on the next steps (DS-260, medical checkup, etc). Just want the interview already!

7 minutes ago, Momboman177 said:

Thanks for the reply! When I use the new case number they sent me on the CEAC website, it just says my case is at the NVC, I don't see anything regarding in transit -  are they waiting for the consulate in Jakarta to request more petitions? I thought when the NVC receives our case, they send an email and letter to both me and my fiancée with instructions on the next steps (DS-260, medical checkup, etc). Just want the interview already!

It will be in transit once the consulate requests more petitions to be sent. Until then nothing else will happen - you just wait 

It seems you’re not familiar with the process. K1s do not interact with NVC beyond what you described nor do you submit anything to NVC. Moreover, it’s DS-160, not DS-260 - K1 is a non immigrant visa.

Please read the below but note that time frames listed there are pre-COVID and do not reflect the current situation. Apart from that everything is the same:

Also this:

Edited by powerpuff

As stated above by @powerpuff you are going to file non immigrant ds160 online for K1. No fees are required at this point as you stated.

I would encourage input from anyone else on this because our experience very recently was interesting.

We had an NVC case number weeks before we received the "in transit" email. We filed our ds160 within hours of getting the "in transit" email and it was approved 3 days later to "ready" status. 

No actual mail has been received by either of us, only electronic communication. Maybe the differences are because of different embassy's, but it seems like applying the ds160 as soon as you have your NVC case number is the fastest? Our cases are different this isn't advice as much as it is a question.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Fiji
Timeline

Thank you so much. I just checked it is saying "AT NVC". Is there any further steps that I need to take at this point? I still have not received any e-mail or notification for instructions on the next steps. Also when filing out the timeline. What is the date I should use to fill image.png.058721cf58fa6c17f0c91d06a801be5b.png  Is it the date when NVC inquiry sends your case number or the date when the case was created (Julian date combo from the case number)?

Edited by Ron9193

Timeline
Just now, Ron9193 said:

Thank you so much. I just checked it is saying "AT NVC". Is there any further steps that I need to take at this point? I still have not received any e-mail or notification for instructions on the next steps. Also when filing out the timeline. What is the date I should use to fill image.png.058721cf58fa6c17f0c91d06a801be5b.png  Is it the date when NVC inquiry sends your case number or the date when the case was created (Julian date combo from the case number)?

No problem! You don't do anything now - it took a week after receiving my case number to get an update saying it's in transit. For that date, I used the date when I received my case number.

On 12/6/2022 at 1:15 AM, Danny & Brenda said:

As stated above by @powerpuff you are going to file non immigrant ds160 online for K1. No fees are required at this point as you stated.

I would encourage input from anyone else on this because our experience very recently was interesting.

We had an NVC case number weeks before we received the "in transit" email. We filed our ds160 within hours of getting the "in transit" email and it was approved 3 days later to "ready" status. 

No actual mail has been received by either of us, only electronic communication. Maybe the differences are because of different embassy's, but it seems like applying the ds160 as soon as you have your NVC case number is the fastest? Our cases are different this isn't advice as much as it is a question.

What was the email address that sent you the case number? We have not received any electronic notifications during the entire process.. only letters sent to the address I provided, which are super delayed. We received our NOA2 on 10/2 and still no updates on it being received by NVC or having a case number.

Edited by sboarder123

6 hours ago, sboarder123 said:

What was the email address that sent you the case number? We have not received any electronic notifications during the entire process.. only letters sent to the address I provided, which are super delayed. We received our NOA2 on 10/2 and still no updates on it being received by NVC or having a case number.

We received the case number after an inquiry and then the in transit email automatically a bit later.

Date: Wed, Nov 16, 2022
Subject: RE: Ask NVC - Inquiry Form - WACXXXXXXXX

Dear Sir/Madam:

The correct case number is MNLXXXXXXX

You will be notified once this case is forwarded to the assigned US Embassy/Consulate General.

---------------------------------

The in transit email was received from:

Date: Nov 22, 2022

Subject: The National Visa Center sent your K1 visa petition to the U.S. Embassy/Consulate

Dear Sir/Madam:

The correspondence attached to this email relates to the I-129F visa petition listed in the subject line.  Please read the information in the attachment carefully and follow the instructions.

Regards,

National Visa Center
Written Correspondence Team

- 603-334-0700
- ASKNVC@state.gov

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.