SabJeff

Are we DQ?

23 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hey,

we received this email: The National Visa Center (NVC) updated the status of your immigrant visa application

We logged into the account, there is no message. But all our documents are accepted? What is going on? Are we DQ? They want an RFE? How do we know? 

Timeline
1 hour ago, SabJeff said:

Hey,

we received this email: The National Visa Center (NVC) updated the status of your immigrant visa application

We logged into the account, there is no message. But all our documents are accepted? What is going on? Are we DQ? They want an RFE? How do we know? 

Hey, did you check ceac case status?

we got a specific email with the subject “Notice regarding your Immigrant Visa Case becoming Documentarily Qualified“ and a message on the portal along with it

we didn’t get an RFE, but I’ve seen on this forum that you get a message telling you what they are requesting from you - so no message doesn’t sound like RFE to me

13 minutes ago, Caro1 said:

Hey, did you check ceac case status?

we got a specific email with the subject “Notice regarding your Immigrant Visa Case becoming Documentarily Qualified“ and a message on the portal along with it

we didn’t get an RFE, but I’ve seen on this forum that you get a message telling you what they are requesting from you - so no message doesn’t sound like RFE to me

Have you checked back to see if the profile was updated?

As @Caro1 mentioned, you won’t be DQed until you see the “Documentary Qualified” message. It can be seen from the CEAC platform.

The same is true for the RFE. A message or more is listed once they require some documents. 

With that said, if you don’t see any message, let’s wait a couple of hours more and see what happens.

Timeline
37 minutes ago, NikoTaino said:

Have you checked back to see if the profile was updated?

As @Caro1 mentioned, you won’t be DQed until you see the “Documentary Qualified” message. It can be seen from the CEAC platform.

The same is true for the RFE. A message or more is listed once they require some documents. 

With that said, if you don’t see any message, let’s wait a couple of hours more and see what happens.

No message and when we are trying to check the status it still show the old message we have since 21st of july.

but the weird thing is that we got the email with check your inbox Friday night at 11pm est 

this whole thing is nerve wrecking.

all our documents say accepted.

what if they wanna have more documents? Would I be able to see that in the documents section??? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
6 hours ago, SabJeff said:

Hey,

Someone at NVC looked at your case file.   Doesn't mean much other than that.  Look for actual DQ or RFE messages for the next step(s).

Timeline
2 minutes ago, SteveInBostonI130 said:

Someone at NVC looked at your case file.   Doesn't mean much other than that.  Look for actual DQ or RFE messages for the next step(s).

Means we should get something within the next days right?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Just now, SabJeff said:

Means we should get something within the next days right?

Nope.  It means nothing other than someone at NVC took a look.  It could be they are processing it, or a supervisor added it to a worker's queue, or they opened your case mistaking it for someone else's case, etc.

Timeline
1 minute ago, SteveInBostonI130 said:

Nope.  It means nothing other than someone at NVC took a look.  It could be they are processing it, or a supervisor added it to a worker's queue, or they opened your case mistaking it for someone else's case, etc.

But the documents got accepted?

Timeline
41 minutes ago, SteveInBostonI130 said:

I mean somebody worked on our case on Friday and accepted all documents we submitted.

so I need to get an email within the next days, right?

10 hours ago, SabJeff said:

Hey,

Can you share a screenshot of what you see when you log in with personal information blocked out? 

We might be able to tell you where to look. Do you not see any new messages in your inbox? We also might be able to see if perhaps you did not submit all the documents you were supposed to... 

But, you should receive an email stating you are documentarily qualified after the accept all the documents you submitted. We got ours the same day at the same time. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, ROK2USA said:

Can you share a screenshot of what you see when you log in with personal information blocked out? 

We might be able to tell you where to look. Do you not see any new messages in your inbox? We also might be able to see if perhaps you did not submit all the documents you were supposed to... 

But, you should receive an email stating you are documentarily qualified after the accept all the documents you submitted. We got ours the same day at the same time. 

Hey we really submitted everything! And every single document is submitted. But no new message! What does this mean?

Timeline

The weird thing is we got the email that we should look into our inbox at 11 pm est Friday.

3 minutes ago, SabJeff said:

Hey we really submitted everything! And every single document is submitted. But no new message! What does this mean?

Unfortunately it probably means someone clicked a box before they were supposed to (it has happened to a few users before)... hopefully you will get your DQ on Monday or later in the week.  

Timeline

Unfortunately it probably means someone clicked a box before they were supposed to (it has happened to a few users before)... hopefully you will get your DQ on Monday or later in the week.  

Oh god I really hope so they already forgot to review our case and we had to contact the senator. Please not a new problem now

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

You will definitely see a message that says Documentary qualified, I actually received 2 messages a minute apart from each other, guess they wanted to make sure I knew. My documents said accepted for months before I became DQ'ed. It takes about 75 days from each action for things to get reviewed.  After you upload all the documents, noone will even look at it for 75 days, then you will get a request for more information, or the DQ message. Count 75 days from the day after the accepted part, and that is when you will hear something.

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.