MadMax13

I Possibly made a mistake with spouse i130 filed online?

17 posts in this topic

So we filed the i130 (USC filing for a spouse) in Feb 2022. Receipt notice is from Texas but USCIS Emma live chat says we are now in Nebraska.

Yesterday I downloaded the PDF from the website and was reading over it, and I noticed a possible mistake that might be very bad.

On the PDF, part 6, "petitioners statement",  1a. It says "I can read and understand English, and I have read and understand every question and instruction on this petition and my answer to every question."

Now on my PDF, that box isnt checked! I do not remember getting that question while doing the form online.

If anyone has filed their i130 for spouse online, please check if your PDF has that box checked or not. If it is meant to be checked, and I just made a mistake while filing it out online, how can I correct this? How bad is it?

Please see attached screenshot.

Thank you

Screen Shot 2022-10-20 at 2.35.16 PM.png

*** Moved from USCIS Service Centers forum to IR1/CR1 Process & Procedures -- topic is about I-130 for spouse of USC, not a service center issue ***

53 minutes ago, MadMax13 said:

If it is meant to be checked, and I just made a mistake while filing it out online, how can I correct this? How bad is it?

If you get an RFE about it, just respond promptly.  No use worrying about it until then.  Hopefully, your I-130 will be approved without RFE.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
3 hours ago, Chancy said:

*** Moved from USCIS Service Centers forum to IR1/CR1 Process & Procedures -- topic is about I-130 for spouse of USC, not a service center issue ***

If you get an RFE about it, just respond promptly.  No use worrying about it until then.  Hopefully, your I-130 will be approved without RFE.

I expect it will be.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

• 2 months later...
8 minutes ago, TVQT1993 said:

I filed online in October, and just reviewed the PDF. The box is checked under 6a1 on our i-130.

Hi. Did you file online? On 6a, she signed her name. It's 1a, under "petitioner's statement', 

"I can read and understand English, and I have read

and understand every question and instruction on this

petition".

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
1 minute ago, MadMax13 said:

Hi. Did you file online? On 6a, she signed her name. It's 1a, under "petitioner's statement', 

"I can read and understand English, and I have read

and understand every question and instruction on this

petition".

Yes, filed online. Yes it is part 6 (Petitioner's statement), 1.a. and box checked off next to:

"I can read and understand English, and I have read and understand every question and instruction on this petition".

1 minute ago, TVQT1993 said:

Yes, filed online. Yes it is part 6 (Petitioner's statement), 1.a. and box checked off next to:

"I can read and understand English, and I have read and understand every question and instruction on this petition".

Oh my god! How could we have over looked this! Our case has been pending in Nebraska for almost a year (PD 12 Feb 2022).

Is this going to have any serious impact on my case??

How can they even allow us to submit the form without that checked??

27 minutes ago, Family said:

Do an e request for typographical error and indicate item x should be checked for “ I can ..”. This should allow you to relax . But worst case scenario would have been a simple RFE 
https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/displayTypoForm.do?sroPageType=typoError&entryPoint=init

Thank you! Im so scared to get another RFE because I recently submitted my i485 before the 23rd Dec deadline, and the RFE was because they want me to redo the form and send them the latest edition.. When their website clearly states that if my package is postmarked before the 23rd Dec, we HAVE TO use the old form.. These people dont even follow their own memos!

20 minutes ago, MadMax13 said:

Thank you! Im so scared to get another RFE because I recently submitted my i485 before the 23rd Dec deadline, and the RFE was because they want me to redo the form and send them the latest edition.. When their website clearly states that if my package is postmarked before the 23rd Dec, we HAVE TO use the old form.. These people dont even follow their own memos!

You submitted a stand-alone I-130 in Feb 2022 , and I understand from your post there has been no other activity ( so no RFE) for it. 
As for I-485 , perhaps you meant your packet was rejected ( not RFE d ) for the 12/23 change. ..when did the rejection letter say they received your app and was that  the only 

y issue w submission?

Edited by Family

Just now, Family said:

You submitted a stand-alone I-130 in Feb 2022 , and I understand from your post there has been no other activity ( so no RFE) for it. 
As for I-485 , perhaps you meant your packet was rejected ( not RFE d ) for the 12/23 change. ..when did the rejection letter say they received your app and was thar the on

y issue w submission?

I submitted a i485 package and my PD is the 22nd Dec. My biometric appointment is actually tomorrow (im having trouble sleeping!)

But I got an RFE stating that some of my pages are either incomplete or are not the current edition. They then gave me the link to the USCIS website to download the latest i485 form. I have till April to respond.. 

Thank you though. I will have a look at the link you sent after biometrics tomorrow and will try to sort it out!

4 minutes ago, MadMax13 said:

submitted a i485 package and my PD is the 22nd Dec. My biometric appointment is actually tomorrow (im having trouble sleeping!)

But I got an RFE stating that some of my pages are either incomplete or are not the current edition. They then gave me the link to the USCIS website to download the latest i485 form. I have till April to respond.. 

Thank you though. I will have a look at the link you sent after biometrics tomorrow and will try to sort it out!

Please understand that your biometric is just a routine few minutes with contract staff who only work on rolling prints and taking photos. No reason to worry at all. 

If you are looking at an exact copy of what you sent and none of the pages are missing or the barcode is not crooked…it will be worth mentioning and sending in “ copy as filed “ along with the new revision.

6 hours ago, Family said:

Please understand that your biometric is just a routine few minutes with contract staff who only work on rolling prints and taking photos. No reason to worry at all. 

If you are looking at an exact copy of what you sent and none of the pages are missing or the barcode is not crooked…it will be worth mentioning and sending in “ copy as filed “ along with the new revision.

The barcodes ARE missing from the form! I cannot for the life of my find a clean version of the old i485 form.. 

I think the file got corrupted in Adobe since I might have opened it in my browser first, which got rid of the barcodes

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.