In.Love.D&I

Mozambique birth certificate [merged threads]

18 posts in this topic

Hi I need assistance.

I was born in an East African country in the 80s I moved to England and have lived here all since I was around 4 I’m a British citizen. 
I am trying to get a copy of my birth certificate which is proving almost impossible and I’m unsure if I was even registered I came to England on my mothers passport in the 90s .

if I can’t get my birth certificate what can I do ? Anyone have any experience of this ?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Presumably you have asked your family?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

You'd probably get more help if you tailored your post to a specific country. 

If Kenya, just get it at local government. I got an new one in 2013 within a day. Of course I had to grrase some hands with 1000 ksh ($10) to get it out quicker and within same day. Application was 150 ksh which is $0.15.

If Kenya, tell your folks to go to register of birth at district level. Grease some hands with $10 and they'll get it same day. You know those government people won't do anything unless you record/ expose them or grease. I took the easy way out. Time was of essence. 

Edited by Timona

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

19 minutes ago, Timona said:

You'd probably get more help if you tailored your post to a specific country. 

If Kenya, just get it at local government. I got an new one in 2013 within a day. Of course I had to grrase some hands with 1000 ksh ($10) to get it out quicker and within same day. Application was 150 ksh which is $0.15.

If Kenya, tell your folks to go to register of birth at district level. Grease some hands with $10 and they'll get it same day. You know those government people won't do anything unless you record/ expose them or grease. I took the easy way out. Time was of essence. 

Thank you so much . I don’t know how to post on here yet I’ll look for my birth country it’s not Kenya but we are close very beautiful country with beautiful people.

Hello everyone I’m seeking assistance in obtaining my Mozambique birth certificate.

I don’t believe I was registered I came to live in England when I was 4 and I’m a British citizen. 

I would like to know how I can obtain a birth certificate or a letter saying I was not registered.

regards 

Timeline

Just grease some hands. It'll be done in a day..

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

1 minute ago, Timona said:

Just grease some hands. It'll be done in a day..

If you know people in Mozambique I’d appreciate the help . My family extended have not been able to do anything in months . It’s very important I get it . 

Timeline

Unfortunately, I don't. 

But you can contact your local consulate here in US or UK, wherever you're located. They should sort this quickly.

So were you born in a country in East Africa or Mozambique. As far as I know, Mozambique isn't an East African country. 

8 minutes ago, In.Love.D&I said:

If you know people in Mozambique I’d appreciate the help . My family extended have not been able to do anything in months . It’s very important I get it . 

What’s the cuteness, were you born in Mozambique? Surely you understand Africa isn’t one homogenous place and each country has its own procedures? How do you expect sensible help without the correct information?

Anyway you should be consulting  the official Dept of State pages for what is acceptable. If it’s Mozambique, they say 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Mozambique.html

Birth Certificates

Available. Birth Certificate (Certidao Narrativa Completa de Nascimento) is issued by Conservatoria dos Registos of city of birth. There may be a fee for this service.

It’s not much info but it’s enough to know that you need to get one. Many countries have agents who can go to the relevant authorities with your permission to get documents, have you looked into this for Mozambique?

9 minutes ago, Timona said:

So were you born in a country in East Africa or Mozambique. As far as I know, Mozambique isn't an East African country. 

According to wiki it is, though most of us would call it Southern Africa.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_Africa

edit: I guess the light green countries in the map can be considered “East Africa lite”. Lol

Edited by SusieQQQ

Timeline
3 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

According to wiki it is, though most of us would call it Southern Africa.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_Africa

edit: I guess the light green countries in the map can be considered “East Africa lite”. Lol

She should stick with you in the South. We are full. We just added DRC 🤣 

On a serious note, my high school geography put Mozambique as Southern Africa, and that was rightfully so. 

34 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

What’s the cuteness, were you born in Mozambique? Surely you understand Africa isn’t one homogenous place and each country has its own procedures? How do you expect sensible help without the correct information?

Anyway you should be consulting  the official Dept of State pages for what is acceptable. If it’s Mozambique, they say 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Mozambique.html

Birth Certificates

Available. Birth Certificate (Certidao Narrativa Completa de Nascimento) is issued by Conservatoria dos Registos of city of birth. There may be a fee for this service.

It’s not much info but it’s enough to know that you need to get one. Many countries have agents who can go to the relevant authorities with your permission to get documents, have you looked into this for Mozambique?

I already have this info and contacted the high commission in London absolutely no help if they actually bother to answer you or respond to email. 

17 minutes ago, In.Love.D&I said:

I already have this info and contacted the high commission in London absolutely no help if they actually bother to answer you or respond to email. 

But it doesn’t say contact the high commissioner in London. It says it is issued by the registry office in the city of birth. That’s who you need to contact. That’s why I suggested you investigate whether there are agencies in Moz who can do it for you.

Edited by SusieQQQ

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.