Melissa Young

CR1 visa interview appointment Madrid consulate

48 posts in this topic

On 4/5/2023 at 3:48 AM, Alexis Ball said:

Hi Sarah-Thank you so much for all of the information you and other have posted. We got our interview today scheduled for May 23rd. Very exciting! I was thinking I'd be a month behind you and I guess I was right. Madrid does seem to do things in an orderly fashion lately. 

Hi Alexis!

Congratulations on receiving the date! I am very happy for you, you are almost there!! 

I am sorry for the late response, I wanted to give you some insight of how everything went…

As you know, my appointment was on the 25th. I am not from Madrid, so I traveled there twice, a week prior to the appointment, to get the medical exam done, and a second time for the interview. The medical examination took around 2 hours total, they will give you directions to a second location about 20 minutes away, for the x-ray. In the embassy, I spent less than 2 hours. 

Overall, the whole process went very well. The interview it self took around 10-15 min, they will call you 3 times by your number. First to check the paperwork, the second time to take your fingerprints and the last step is the interview. I promise It is nothing to worry about, they asked very basic questions and every one that I encountered was very nice. 

Just make sure to have all the paperwork in order and to get your medical examination with enough time for the embassy to receive the results. 

They will keep your passport and send it through post, if you haven’t yet, you must register and provide the address before the interview. I received my passport at home, with the visa yesterday! 🥳 It only took over a week to arrive. I will be, finally, reunited with my husband on the 15th 🫶🏻

I wish you all the best!! 🍀🤞🏼

Kind regards,
Sarah

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/5/2023 at 10:36 AM, Sarah Ro said:

Hi Alexis!

Congratulations on receiving the date! I am very happy for you, you are almost there!! 

I am sorry for the late response, I wanted to give you some insight of how everything went…

As you know, my appointment was on the 25th. I am not from Madrid, so I traveled there twice, a week prior to the appointment, to get the medical exam done, and a second time for the interview. The medical examination took around 2 hours total, they will give you directions to a second location about 20 minutes away, for the x-ray. In the embassy, I spent less than 2 hours. 

Overall, the whole process went very well. The interview it self took around 10-15 min, they will call you 3 times by your number. First to check the paperwork, the second time to take your fingerprints and the last step is the interview. I promise It is nothing to worry about, they asked very basic questions and every one that I encountered was very nice. 

Just make sure to have all the paperwork in order and to get your medical examination with enough time for the embassy to receive the results. 

They will keep your passport and send it through post, if you haven’t yet, you must register and provide the address before the interview. I received my passport at home, with the visa yesterday! 🥳 It only took over a week to arrive. I will be, finally, reunited with my husband on the 15th 🫶🏻

I wish you all the best!! 🍀🤞🏼

Kind regards,
Sarah

Hi Sarah-I wanted to thank you for your post here before but I have had some problems accessing Visa Journey. I really appreciate all the information you posted. It has helped a lot. My husband's interview is on Tuesday. I will let you know how it goes. I hope you're on your way to reuniting with your husband. 

Sincerely, 

Alexis

• 1 month later...

Hola 👋

For what I can see this thread it takes only around 10 weeks from getting DQd to getting the interview? That's really fast (at least compared with other embassies as the Sydney one). Just to clarify, is this the waiting time after submitting DS-260? I got the I-140 approved on the EB1 category if that counts.

I am asking because I am a resident in Australia but an Spain national so I can chose where to have the interview. I posted today about it: 

I would love to get to that whatsapp group you mentioned please. Can someone send the link?

Thank you so much guys!

1 hour ago, fastrack said:

Just to clarify, is this the waiting time after submitting DS-260?

No, from when you're DQ'ed ('documentarily qualified'). So you pay the fees, wait for that to go through (about a week), then you submit the DS-160 and documents (note you have to courier/post your docs as an EB1 applicant, so add on a week or so for that too). Then you wait for NVC to DQ you, and then you are placed in the queue for an interview and your case is handed over to the consulate. 

Hope that helps, good luck.

Edited by appleblossom

• 3 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Hi everyone,

We got DQ on October 11. Is there anyone waiting to get the appointment letter or about to have their interview?

I would like to join the whatsapp group if it's still active.

Thank you

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
2 hours ago, pljm02 said:

Hi everyone,

We got DQ on October 11. Is there anyone waiting to get the appointment letter or about to have their interview?

Thank you

Hello! I paid the fee around a week ago, but every time I try to make an appointment with the embassy on the website it says there's no dates available. Did this happen to you too?

Nvm I just realized this thread is for the CR1, we're doing the K1 process so maybe it's different lol.

Edited by Izzymael

Timeline
3 hours ago, Izzymael said:

Hello! I paid the fee around a week ago, but every time I try to make an appointment with the embassy on the website it says there's no dates available. Did this happen to you too?

Nvm I just realized this thread is for the CR1, we're doing the K1 process so maybe it's different lol.

Thanks @Izzymael. I can't relate to that. On CR1, you pay the fees on the NVC stage.

Hope you get dates very soon.

Thank you!

• 5 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi everyone,

We got DQ November 1st and are still waiting for our interview to be schduled. I don't know how things will go considering holiday season is coming up and in general in Spain, December is a very light month.

@pljm02 did you get yours scheduled already or still waiting?

Thanks!

Timeline

Hi @RepsForHarambe,

I got the interview letter this morning, for January 16. From what I've seen on the internet, it's taking about month and a half to get the IL.

Best of luck

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/30/2023 at 1:10 PM, pljm02 said:

Hi everyone,

Thank you

Hi! Do you have access to the WhatsApp group? thanks!

• 5 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi!

Just wanted to follow up and let you know how the timing for me went.

So after getting DQed on November 1st, we got our appointment on December 18th and they set the interview date on January 2nd which I thought was insane. I had to reschedule and was given January 30th as the new interview date. I got my medical check on January 17th (the 21 day rule doesn't really apply), went to the embassy for the document review and everything was fine so they gave me a sealed envelope with the documents I had to bring to the embassy on the day of the interview apart from my passport.

Yesterday I finally had my interview which, to be honest, felt like a joke. I got asked 3 very basic questions and the visa was approved. The passport is supposed to arrive before 2 weeks and then I can finally travel to the US.

It's been around 16 months since we applied for the CR1 VISA. The process has been pricey and extremely long (and it's not even over yet). I believe the US should do better.

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Hi everyone! Can I also get the WhatsApp group link for the Spanish Consulate Interview group? Still waiting for the consulate mail after a month....

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.