Melissa Young

CR1 visa interview appointment Madrid consulate

48 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone, 

I was just wondering if anybody had any idea on how long the Madrid consulate is taking to schedule interviews. I received my approval from NVC with all documents qualified on the 17th of August but still have not received any email for the interview.... 

Thank you for your help!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Hi Melissa,

It seems that these days it's taking longer than before. It used to be around 2-3 weeks just this past Spring and now it slowed down a lot. There is a WhatsApp chat for Spain/US immigration and there is another couple that got DQ'ed the same exact day (it seems like a different couple, though). They have not yet received their interview letter, either. Good luck! Let me know if you'd like to be added to that chat.

Hi Dr Jay, 

Thank you so much for the information! Yes, It would be great to join the whatsapp group. 

Can you please send me the link to join? I'd prefer not to share my phone number publicly. 

Thank you!

Timeline

Hello,

I have been DQed since September 2nd and I’m still waiting for an appointment. At least I’m glad to see I’m not the only one waiting. Is there anything we can do about it? 

Hi! 

We have submitted all docs for the NVC to review (yesterday) and was hoping the interview scheduling would be the quickest part of the process, after reading your post I have doubts… We started the process back in Sept 2021. Does anyone know if the priority date has an effect on the process? Could I ask your priority date? (Ours is Sept 2021)

Thank you for your help!

Hi Sarah, 

Normally the interview was the quickest part but apparently things have slowed down quite a lot in the Madrid consulate. We've been waiting for 2 months and still haven't received the interview appointment email. I don't think the priority date has any role at this point but I'm not 100% sure. Our priority date is May 2021. 

If it helps our case review time when we submitted our documents to NVC was exactly what they said it would be (in our case 65 days) which they update weekly on their website. If I'm not mistaken, they are currently on 58 days. It's the interview phase we have no visibility on how long they're taking to schedule... 

Hi Melissa,

Thank you so much for your answer.
I guess we will have to wait and hope for the best!

Please, if you don’t mind keep us updated, it helps to have an idea so I have the right expectations in mind. 

Wish you all the best! 

Timeline
On 10/7/2022 at 4:25 PM, Melissa Young said:

Hi Everyone, 

I was just wondering if anybody had any idea on how long the Madrid consulate is taking to schedule interviews. I received my approval from NVC with all documents qualified on the 17th of August but still have not received any email for the interview.... 

Thank you for your help!

Hi Melissa,

when you look at the status of your visa, does it stay “at the NVC” or “ready”? That’s a way to know if you’re getting an appointment soon.

9 hours ago, Nazaret said:

Hi Melissa,

when you look at the status of your visa, does it stay “at the NVC” or “ready”? That’s a way to know if you’re getting an appointment soon.

Hi Nazaret, 

It continues to say "At the NVC". It has been like that since the approval. Has your status changed to ready? Do you know if it changes to ready before you get the appointment or once the appointment is assigned to you?

Thank you for your help!

Timeline
Just now, Melissa Young said:

Hi Nazaret, 

It continues to say "At the NVC". It has been like that since the approval. Has your status changed to ready? Do you know if it changes to ready before you get the appointment or once the appointment is assigned to you?

Thank you for your help!

Hi,

I messaged the embassy about this and they told me that if it says “at the NVC” it means that the NVC is still keeping the documents for the time being. They also said when a spot for an interview opens up, it will say “ready” and they’ll receive the documents. It still says “at the NVC” for me too. I don’t understand because even if it was far away in time, they could give us appointments. I’m just very surprised and frustrated at how long it is taking to get an appointment when we’re so close to finishing 

3 minutes ago, Nazaret said:

Hi,

I messaged the embassy about this and they told me that if it says “at the NVC” it means that the NVC is still keeping the documents for the time being. They also said when a spot for an interview opens up, it will say “ready” and they’ll receive the documents. It still says “at the NVC” for me too. I don’t understand because even if it was far away in time, they could give us appointments. I’m just very surprised and frustrated at how long it is taking to get an appointment when we’re so close to finishing 

Hi Nazaret, 

Thanks for the information. I messaged the embassy as well and they told me that they give NVC the available slots of the month and NVC fills them on a first come first serve basis. So it all depends on where we are currently at in terms of the queue and how many slots are available. I'm not sure if maybe at the beginning of every month they will open the new slots and hopefully we will fall under one of them. From what I know they notify you from 3-6 weeks in advance of your appointment. I completely understand your frustration. Let's hope its not much longer... 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.