Melissa Young

CR1 visa interview appointment Madrid consulate

48 posts in this topic

On 10/15/2022 at 1:43 PM, Sarah Ro said:

Hi Melissa,

Thank you so much for your answer.
I guess we will have to wait and hope for the best!

Please, if you don’t mind keep us updated, it helps to have an idea so I have the right expectations in mind. 

Wish you all the best! 

Hi Sarah, 

Just wanted to keep you updated and let you know we received our interview appointment for mid December. In total we waited about 10 weeks from when we received the NVC approval. 

Wish you the best of luck and hope you get your appointment soon! 

On 10/20/2022 at 12:44 PM, Melissa Young said:

Hi Nazaret, 

Thanks for the information. I messaged the embassy as well and they told me that they give NVC the available slots of the month and NVC fills them on a first come first serve basis. So it all depends on where we are currently at in terms of the queue and how many slots are available. I'm not sure if maybe at the beginning of every month they will open the new slots and hopefully we will fall under one of them. From what I know they notify you from 3-6 weeks in advance of your appointment. I completely understand your frustration. Let's hope its not much longer... 

Hi Nazaret, 

Just wanted to let you know we finally received the interview appointment email. In total it was a 10 week wait from when we received the NVC approval. Yours should be around the corner! Wish you the best of luck! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Melissa Young said:

Hi Nazaret, 

Just wanted to let you know we finally received the interview appointment email. In total it was a 10 week wait from when we received the NVC approval. Yours should be around the corner! Wish you the best of luck! 

Hi Melissa,

thank you so much for your update. I’m so happy for you! Good luck with the interview! 

34 minutes ago, Melissa Young said:

Hi Sarah, 

Just wanted to keep you updated and let you know we received our interview appointment for mid December. In total we waited about 10 weeks from when we received the NVC approval. 

Wish you the best of luck and hope you get your appointment soon! 

Hi Melissa,

Thank you so much for giving us the update, it really helps to have an idea. We really appreciate it! I am very happy for you and I wish you all the best with the interview! 🤞🏼Let us know how it goes! 

• 1 month later...

Hi Melissa, 

I hope you are having a wonderful holiday season 🎄

How was your interview? We got DQd 2 days ago! I am so happy, can’t believe we are finally moving forward with the process. Do you have any advice? Did you have any surprises? 

Thank you beforehand 💐

On 12/31/2022 at 6:34 AM, Sarah Ro said:

Hi Melissa, 

I hope you are having a wonderful holiday season 🎄

How was your interview? We got DQd 2 days ago! I am so happy, can’t believe we are finally moving forward with the process. Do you have any advice? Did you have any surprises? 

Thank you beforehand 💐

Hi Sarah, 

Congratulations on getting DQd! You are nearly at the end of it all. 

The interview went really well, it was very simple. In total it took about 2-3 hours since they first check the original documents you uploaded (marriage certificate and birth certificate) and if everything is okay you proceed to the interview. I was only asked a few questions about our marriage but in general very straight forward. At the end of the interview they tell you if the visa has been approved and you recieve your passport 7-10 days after. 

As far as I know waiting time in Madrid is taking about 3 months after DQ to receive the interview appointment email but maybe this will speed up after the holiday season. 

I wish you all the best! 

On 1/3/2023 at 11:40 PM, Melissa Young said:

Hi Sarah, 

Congratulations on getting DQd! You are nearly at the end of it all. 

The interview went really well, it was very simple. In total it took about 2-3 hours since they first check the original documents you uploaded (marriage certificate and birth certificate) and if everything is okay you proceed to the interview. I was only asked a few questions about our marriage but in general very straight forward. At the end of the interview they tell you if the visa has been approved and you recieve your passport 7-10 days after. 

As far as I know waiting time in Madrid is taking about 3 months after DQ to receive the interview appointment email but maybe this will speed up after the holiday season. 

I wish you all the best! 

Hi Melissa,

I am very happy for you! Congratulations on getting through everything!!

Thank you so much for your answer and for your good wishes, I can’t wait to finish the whole process.

I wish you all the happiness in the world for this new chapter!! 🫶🏻

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/5/2023 at 4:29 AM, Sarah Ro said:

Hi Melissa,

I am very happy for you! Congratulations on getting through everything!!

Thank you so much for your answer and for your good wishes, I can’t wait to finish the whole process.

I wish you all the happiness in the world for this new chapter!! 🫶🏻

Hi Sarah-Have you received an interview date yet? We were just DQ'ed on the 23rd so I guess we've got a bit of a wait in store. 

Edited by Alexis Ball

Hi Alexis,

Congratulations in getting DQd! 

We are still waiting for an interview date, hoping to hear something soon 🤞🏼🤞🏼

I haven’t found any other thread for Madrid, so the only guidance I have is Melissa’s. 

As soon as I get any news I will share with you here. 

Best of luck!! 

2 hours ago, Sarah Ro said:

Hi Alexis,

Congratulations in getting DQd! 

We are still waiting for an interview date, hoping to hear something soon 🤞🏼🤞🏼

I haven’t found any other thread for Madrid, so the only guidance I have is Melissa’s. 

As soon as I get any news I will share with you here. 

Best of luck!! 

Hi again! Thanks for your reply! I hope you get your appointment soon. I think I'm about 3 weeks behind you. Our DQ date was 1/23. I haven't found much information about recent interviews. I will let you know if I find anything in other forums. I'm sure you'll have news before I do. 

Sincerely, 

Alexis

• 1 month later...
On 1/31/2023 at 11:03 PM, Alexis Ball said:

Hi again! Thanks for your reply! I hope you get your appointment soon. I think I'm about 3 weeks behind you. Our DQ date was 1/23. I haven't found much information about recent interviews. I will let you know if I find anything in other forums. I'm sure you'll have news before I do. 

Sincerely, 

Alexis

Hi Alexis! I hope you are doing great 😊 

Today we have received the appointment for the interview!! It will be on the 25th of April. 

I hope you get yours soon! 🤞🏼

Kind Regards,

Sarah

Hi Sarah-Congratulations! I'm so happy for you. Thank you for letting me know. I was about to say you have no idea how much I appreciate this, but you probably do have some idea. I really really appreciate this information and it helps me know how close I might be. I will make sure to post when I have news about our interview. I hope everything goes well for you in the interview and beyond. 

Sincerely,

Alexis

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 10/7/2022 at 8:43 AM, DrJayRough said:

Hi Melissa,

It seems that these days it's taking longer than before. It used to be around 2-3 weeks just this past Spring and now it slowed down a lot. There is a WhatsApp chat for Spain/US immigration and there is another couple that got DQ'ed the same exact day (it seems like a different couple, though). They have not yet received their interview letter, either. Good luck! Let me know if you'd like to be added to that chat.

Would you be willing to send me a link to that whatsapp group as well? My wife and I just received our interview date in April for Madrid.

• 1 month later...
On 3/1/2023 at 6:02 AM, Sarah Ro said:

Hi Alexis! I hope you are doing great 😊 

Today we have received the appointment for the interview!! It will be on the 25th of April. 

I hope you get yours soon! 🤞🏼

Kind Regards,

Sarah

Hi Sarah-Thank you so much for all of the information you and other have posted. We got our interview today scheduled for May 23rd. Very exciting! I was thinking I'd be a month behind you and I guess I was right. Madrid does seem to do things in an orderly fashion lately. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.