2,974 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, TBoneTX said:

Oh, boy!  Sunday -- time for our eagerly awaited, always-hilarious Official Weekly VAWA-Thread Joke:

============================================

FUNNIEST THINGS SAID DURING A COLONOSCOPY

1.  'Take it easy, Doc. You're boldly going where no man has gone before!'

2.  'Find Amelia Earhart yet?'

3.  'Can you hear me NOW?'

4.  'Are we there yet?  Are we there yet?  Are we there yet?'

5.  'You know, in Turkey, we're now legally married.'

6.  'Any sign of the trapped miners, Chief?'

7.  'You put your left hand in, you take your left hand out...'

8.  'Hey! Now I know how a Muppet feels!'

9.  'If your hand doesn't fit, you must quit!'

10.  'Hey Doc, let me know if you find my dignity.'

11.  'You used to be an executive at Enron, weren't you?'

And the best one of all:

12.  'Could you write a note for my wife, saying that my head is not up there?'
:P 

Most concerning thing a doctor can say during a colonoscopy is "look, no hands".

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
10 hours ago, Demise said:

Most concerning thing a doctor can say during a colonoscopy is "look, no hands".

I hear that some now feed the line with a fishing-reel contraption.  Seriously.

One risks becoming the butt of someone's joke.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 8/19/2023 at 9:58 AM, Reto said:

Thank you for responding. Im still waiting for approval. July 2021. No RFE YET  and 4 Prima F 

Don't worry. You will hear from USCIS very soon. We have no other option than waiting for them to respond.

Hi fam

My attorney mailed the documents package to NVC today, how do I know if they received it? Will they send me an email as a receipt notice? 

Edited by J2020

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Oboy oboy oboy -- it's Wednesday, and time for our side-splittingly hilarious Semiofficial Semiweekly VAWA-Thread Joke:

=============================================
REAL-LIFE FACEBOOKING

I'm trying to make friends outside of Facebook while applying the same principles.

Therefore, every day, I walk down the street and tell passers-by what I've eaten, how I feel at the moment, what I did the night before, and what I will do later and with whom.

I give them pictures of my family and my dog, and of me gardening, taking things apart in the garage, watering the lawn, standing in front of landmarks, driving around town, having lunch, and doing what anybody and everybody does every day.

I also listen to their conversations, give them a "thumbs up," and tell them I like them.

And it works just like Facebook!  I already have four people following me: two police officers, a private investigator, and a psychiatrist. 
:P 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

6 hours ago, Gratefulone said:

I submitted my medical 55 days ago and back to silence.  Anyone in New York submitted medical and waiting?

New York field office,from what I have noticed so far is one of the slowest in terms of form I-485 adjudication.

So, just keep on there. you are almost on the finish line.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
6 hours ago, J2020 said:

Hi fam

My attorney mailed the documents package to NVC today, how do I know if they received it? Will they send me an email as a receipt notice? 

You have to track your package. No you will not receive a receipt notice. You will next receive that the documents were accepted or rejected allowing you to resubmit forms or move forward in the process to getting your DQ date. 

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Hi,

I am stressed out please help, I asked congressman for my vawa processes. And I got the letter in that they saying they approached for prima facie determination for 4 times but I didn't receive any letter. Also my lawyer didn't receive any letter. Now my lawyer saying me that you approach to Congressman so you ask them only. They can't help me with anything. Please advise.. what is next step I do and also what are options. 

7 minutes ago, jalpa said:

Hi,

I am stressed out please help, I asked congressman for my vawa processes. And I got the letter in that they saying they approached for prima facie determination for 4 times but I didn't receive any letter. Also my lawyer didn't receive any letter. Now my lawyer saying me that you approach to Congressman so you ask them only. They can't help me with anything. Please advise.. what is next step I do and also what are options. 

What address do they have in file? Have you checked with your attorney if he/she received your prima facia? 

If you and your attorney never received any letter from USCIS. Then you can ask your congress person to reach out to USCIS on your behalf and resend. 

19 minutes ago, balo101 said:

What address do they have in file? Have you checked with your attorney if he/she received your prima facia? 

If you and your attorney never received any letter from USCIS. Then you can ask your congress person to reach out to USCIS on your behalf and resend. 

My attorney address, but they saying not received anything.please advise.

16 minutes ago, jalpa said:

My attorney address, but they saying not received anything.please advise.

Usually i do not trust these attorneys. 

You can ask your congress person to get it for you from USCIS. However, are you planning to use prima facia? If not then you really do not need to do anything. 

However, you need to confirm which address uscis is using. 

Edited by balo101

19 minutes ago, balo101 said:

Usually i do not trust these attorneys. 

You can ask your congress person to get it for you from USCIS. However, are you planning to use prima facia? If not then you really do not need to do anything. 

However, you need to confirm which address uscis is using. 

Means prima facia and RFE is different ? Means for PDF we don't need to act on it .. didn't get you so asking.

1 minute ago, jalpa said:

Means prima facia and RFE is different ? Means for PDF we don't need to act on it .. didn't get you so asking.

yes those are two different things. With the Prima Facia you can get some public benefits. On the other hand RFE is something that USCIS request from you, like additional evidence.  As per your original post USCIS sent you 4 Prima Facia not the RFE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.