2,974 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Guyana
Timeline
Just now, Jennah22 said:

HI EVERYONE I URGENTLY NEEDED SOME ADVICE OF MY CASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a 485 Pending vawa. On February 21, I got a rfe for form I-864W and a medical. To fill sign and send in and the due date to send in documents is May 19 2023.

Now The person who did my paperwork she is not in the country, on July 16, I got a call from her saying she received two notice and for me to pick it up. I quickly went and get it and I completed the medical, I’m just here waiting on medical to send in.

Can someone advice me what evidence needed to submit wit form 864W? 
I also wanted to know since the deadline past if my case will be denied. 
I send a message to @Sandra G.but I didn’t have any response from her as yet.

Please I really need some information’s.

20 minutes ago, Jennah22 said:

Can someone advice me what evidence needed to submit wit form 864W? 

Nothing, just fill it out, check box 1.d., sign, and send it out.

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Oh, boy -- it's Wednesday, and time for our Semiofficial Semiweekly VAWA-Thread Joke:

=============================================
"BRATTY KID" JOKES

Freddie walked into the house, crying.

"What's wrong?" asked his grandmother.

"I just lost a quarter!" said Freddie.

"There, there," said his grandmother.  "Here's another."

Freddie took the quarter, then began crying even louder.

"Now what's wrong?" his grandmother asked.

"I wish I'd said that I lost a DOLLAR!"

"Why are you so late getting home?" Mrs. Smith asked her son Duke.

"I stopped two kids from fighting."

"That was very nice," she said.  "How did you do that?"

Duke shrugged.  "I beat them both up."

Ike walked into the house with his pants soaking wet.

"Oh, dear!" his mother said.  "What happened?"

"I fell into a puddle."

"In your new trousers?!"

"Sorry, Mom," said Ike, "but I didn't have time to change while I was falling."

"Who broke the window?" Mr. Wilson demanded to know.

"My brother," said pesky little Johnny.

"How did he do that?"

"He ducked when I threw a stick at him!"

Sam asked a classmate, "What's the difference between 'snow' and 'snew'"?

"What's 'snew'"?

Sam said, "Not much.  What's snew with you?"

:P 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

9 hours ago, God is a good God said:

Hello vj family. I sent another package of i601 waiver to Dallas as per USCIS website since my receipt number starts with SRC. it was delivered on July 11. A week now my check has not yet been cashed. How long does it take for USCIS to cash a check?

If you do not get a receipt for I-601 IN TIME ( RFE deadline) send a response to RFE w proof of ( again filed 601 ) and mailing receipt.

Timeline
10 hours ago, Demise said:

Thanks a lot but do I have to send in tax return or any other evidence to support that form? Also since the deadline passed do you think uscis will accept my documents if I write a cover letter stating what was the delayed

Timeline
10 hours ago, Demise said:

So is just part 1,I have to fill out sign and send in 

1 hour ago, Jennah22 said:

So is just part 1,I have to fill out sign and send in 

I guess @Demise correctly advices you on what to do

Simply check the box( 1.d.), fill out ,sign and send.

Send it as soon as possible with an explanatory cover letter as you have said. Then wait to see the outcome of it as you are already out of the due date.

If you want to add tax return what do ever you want, then do it but not mandatory.

The most important thing to do right now to mailed it.

14 minutes ago, Rhema1 said:

Send it as soon as possible with an explanatory cover letter as you have said. Then wait to see the outcome of it as you are already out of the due date.

If you want to add tax return what do ever you want, then do it but not mandatory.

The most important thing to do right now to Mail it 

14 hours ago, Family said:

If you do not get a receipt for I-601 IN TIME ( RFE deadline) send a response to RFE w proof of ( again filed 601 ) and mailing receipt.

I dit that the first time and the officer denied my i485. Later, uscis return my package saying in a letter that « application not need » He wants nothing but the recei pt notice. I filed i290b, and he sent a RFE requesting to file a i601 waiver again and send him the receipt notice only

Timeline
6 hours ago, Rhema1 said:

The most important thing to do right now to mailed it.

Hi, thank you so much. I’m just waiting on medical now. As soon I got it I’ll send in.

Filed: Other Country: Ghana
Timeline
On 7/17/2023 at 8:59 PM, Zizigragnon said:

Hi folks,

All the glory to God and i can't thank him enough for all the blessings. 

I believe my vawa + i-485 journey comes to its end. Got an update on my i485 new card is being produced on July 14. Today my status shows i-485 approved. t's been a long journey,  9 years! Below is my timeline 

-August 2014 : Applied Asylum (pending til now).
- June 2016: i-130 and i-485 sent to USCIS
-September 2017:  Stroke interview, 2home visits).
-January 2020: I filed mandamus.
-February 2020: Uscis scheduled another stroke interview and I-485 denied few days later. 
-April 2020: I-360 and new I-485 sent to uscis.
-May 2022: RFE(proof bona fide, residency, shared account, almost everything). I Responded to RFE on August 2022. I gave everthing i had.
-January 2023: I-360 Approved and case transferred to new office.
- February 2023: RFE for birth certificate follow with medical deficiency letter few days later.
-June 20 2023: Lawyer received I-693(medical exam ) RFE from field office(ATL)
-June 30 2023: Field office received my response. (I received a notification by email).
-July 14 2023: I-485 new card is being produced 2 weeks after they received my rfe response.
-July 17 2023: New update i-485 approved.  Just waiting for the actual card now.

My first lawyer(man) almost ruined my life and he didn't help me at all. Just a big mouth. 😅
Thanks to my current attorney (She) who helped me tremendously. 

I was surprise to learn my field office is in Atlanta cause i no longer live there. I moved out from ATL 2 years ago and now I'm in Texas. Anyways I'm glad that I was approved without interview. 

I want to thank you all for sharing your experiences. Special Kudos to all the leaders of this forum. God bless yall and your family. 🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾

Screenshot_20230717_204325_Samsung Internet.jpg

Congratulations

On 7/1/2023 at 5:30 PM, God’s Grace27 said:

Good day everyone, I am trying to renew my EAD & AP under C09 but I don'know  which lockbox to send them to. I will appreciate if anyone can help me with the correct lockbox info to send my applications to.

Thank you

Hi! I hope you’re filing 6 months before your expiry. Please keep us posted when you get your EAD-AP renewed. Thank you!

Hey everyone, 

In February I received my second Prima Facie. It said the prima facie is valid for 180 days. If the period is coming to a close and a decision has not been made, then I would automatically within 60 days of the ending date. This PF is expiring July 24, 2023. The last time they sent it to me, they were on time. But now I have not received anything and my PF is expiring in a few days. 

Has this happened to anyone else? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.