2,974 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, God is a good God said:

Hello family, after going for infopass appointment last Tuesday, Wednesday uscis mailed a RFE on my I290B motion to reconsider, delivered today and gave me another chance to refile the I-601 waiver. So that they can make a decision on both i290b and i485. This time I’ll make sure I check the package before the lawyer sends it. 

What about if they reject your i601 again?

1 hour ago, Apple90 said:

What about if they reject your i601 again?

That’s a big issue there, if they reject it , I’ll do an infopass to uscis i601 office , make a trip there and explain my situation. I know it’s gonna be an out of state trip. Because the officer at local office want a receipt notice only if i601 or he will deny me again 

28 minutes ago, God is a good God said:

Or sue USCIS in court. Because it is like two uscis agencies playing games with me. The local office want i601 while the uscis i601 office says my case don’t need a waiver 

Why not mailed it by yourself?

For I see you are the one fighting for it now.

You said the lawyer did the error the first time and that is the reason of all these waisting of time and energy.

Am just wondering.....

Many of us here went through all this process without any lawyer.

13 minutes ago, Rhema1 said:

Why not mailed it by yourself?

For I see you are the one fighting for it now.

You said the lawyer did the error the first time and that is the reason of all these waisting of time and energy.

Am just wondering.....

Many of us here went through all this process without any lawyer.

I am considering mailing it myself yes. If the lawyer ask me for money again I’ll do it myself. I have the old package, I’ll just update some proofs that needed to change dates 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Good day everyone, I am trying to renew my EAD & AP under C09 but I don'know  which lockbox to send them to. I will appreciate if anyone can help me with the correct lockbox info to send my applications to.

Thank you

4 hours ago, God’s Grace27 said:

Good day everyone, I am trying to renew my EAD & AP under C09 but I don'know  which lockbox to send them to. I will appreciate if anyone can help me with the correct lockbox info to send my applications to.

Thank you

As per https://www.uscis.gov/i-765-addresses and https://www.uscis.gov/i-131-addresses:

USCIS Vermont Service Center
38 River Rd.
Essex Junction, VT 05479-0001

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

It is Sunday -- time for our approval-evoking*, good-news-eliciting* Official Weekly VAWA-Thread Joke:

*if correlation = causation

============================================

A BLONDE'S JOB INTERVIEW

A young blonde woman went to an office for a job interview.  The interviewer decided to start with the basics.

"So, Miss, can you tell us your age, please?" he asked.

The blonde counted carefully on her fingers for about 3 seconds before replying "Ehh... 25!"

The interviewer tried another straightforward one.  "And can you tell us your height, please?"

The young lady stood up and produced a measuring tape from her handbag.  She then trapped one end under her foot and extended the tape to the top of her head.  She checked the measurement and announced, "Five foot three!"

The interviewer then went for the real basics. "And, uh, just to confirm for our records, what is your name, please?"

The blonde bobbed her head from side to side for about 20 seconds, mouthing something silently to herself, before replying, "Stephanie."

The interviewer was completely baffled at this stage, so he asked, "Just out of curiosity, Miss... we can understand your counting on your fingers to work out your age, and the measuring tape for your height is obvious, but what were you doing when we asked you your name?"

"Oh, that!" replied the blonde.  "That's just me running through 'Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you...'"

:P 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

On 6/29/2023 at 6:49 AM, jalpa said:

Hello everyone, can you advise when you put your file and when vawa approved.. I did in October 2020 and still nothing I received. Please advise.

I submitted mine January 2020 and got approved April 2022. Your will probably get a decision in the next few months.

Hey everybody!

How long does it usually take for the USCIS to send you an RFE for further evidence once you initially file for VAWA. My concurrent application was filed in December 2021, received my EAD/AP in June 2022, and have received 3 Prima facie's, but no RFE's yet. I want to go travel and see my parents but I feel like I'd be taking a risk even with the AP. 

Any insights would be deeply appreciated. Thanks

5 minutes ago, perseverance_ said:

Hey everybody!

How long does it usually take for the USCIS to send you an RFE for further evidence once you initially file for VAWA. My concurrent application was filed in December 2021, received my EAD/AP in June 2022, and have received 3 Prima facie's, but no RFE's yet. I want to go travel and see my parents but I feel like I'd be taking a risk even with the AP. 

Any insights would be deeply appreciated. Thanks

They only RFE if they need missing documents or a further explanation on a certain info. There’s no set time to when they send an RFE, sometimes even after the listed processing time has passed. And sometimes they don’t send any RFE. I never got an RFE from them

58 minutes ago, J2020 said:

They only RFE if they need missing documents or a further explanation on a certain info. There’s no set time to when they send an RFE, sometimes even after the listed processing time has passed. And sometimes they don’t send any RFE. I never got an RFE from them

Thanks!

I should receive an RFE because I sent very little evidence of abuse in the beginning. I wanted to send all the evidence I have but my attorney says we should wait for the RFE so we can respond according to the RFE

Any insights on this?

"I want to go travel and see my parents but I feel like I'd be taking a risk even with the AP." And I also got a simple dui earlier this year (I wrote about it in detail in an earlier post as to how it happened, something I'm not proud of and my ongoing depression and PTSD contributed to it). I had to pay $500 in fine and the case was disposed of without any probation etc. I don't know if that would affect the travel on AP. 

Appreciate your advise. 

3 hours ago, perseverance_ said:

Thanks!

I should receive an RFE because I sent very little evidence of abuse in the beginning. I wanted to send all the evidence I have but my attorney says we should wait for the RFE so we can respond according to the RFE

Any insights on this?

"I want to go travel and see my parents but I feel like I'd be taking a risk even with the AP." And I also got a simple dui earlier this year (I wrote about it in detail in an earlier post as to how it happened, something I'm not proud of and my ongoing depression and PTSD contributed to it). I had to pay $500 in fine and the case was disposed of without any probation etc. I don't know if that would affect the travel on AP. 

Appreciate your advise. 

I honestly sent all the evidence I didn’t wanna wait for RFE because I didn’t want any further delays. But in your case, it will depends on the reviewing officer if he finds the evidence you submitted enough or not. 

i don’t know about the dui and traveling, I don’t know if it will affect your travel at this point but hopefully other members can help with this info. You should also consult your attorney 

Hey question, anyone know how long it takes Nebraska Service Center (before you ask - that's where new VAWA I-360, I-485, I-765, I-131, I-864W, etc. go to) to actually intake the forms?

My AOS package (I-485, I-765, I-131, I-864w, G-1450) arrived June 21st, and so far radio silence (no receipts, no rejection, credit card hadn't been charged yet).

Yeah I know, hurry up and wait, I'm just antsy after years of dealing with immigration nonsense.

Edited by Demise

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.