2,974 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
13 hours ago, Ny4real said:

Hi guys.

Is there any implications regarding my VAWA case if I divorce my abusive wife after two years of contract the marriage? Any problems please, bearing in mind that my i360 is yet to be approved. Many thanks

You can divorce now without issues. There plenty of people who have filed and divorced abuser

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Togo
Timeline

If you have sent your medical rfe to NBC lee submit MO. Please let us meet here and console each other . Just can't explain the anxiety . 

And those that got their green card already please we need your encouragement at this time . 

20 minutes ago, bRANKLATA said:

Hello VAWA community, 

Does anyone knows how long does it take to get a response on I-485 after you submit the medical examination? 

Thank you

It depends where you send it. To your field office or NBC

When you send to field office it also depends on how busy they are. I sent in NYC and i took them 8 days to make a decision. 

In a nut shell there is no set time exactly how long it will take. I have seen for some people took 2 days and some for 3 months. 

1 hour ago, Impeach said:

If you have sent your medical rfe to NBC lee submit MO. Please let us meet here and console each other . Just can't explain the anxiety . 

And those that got their green card already please we need your encouragement at this time . 

Just hang in there. You have done the hard work which is VAWA approved. Just wait you will get the good news soon. 

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
2 hours ago, bRANKLATA said:

Hello VAWA community, 

Does anyone knows how long does it take to get a response on I-485 after you submit the medical examination? 

Thank you

90-120 days

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Hello Family, I hope everyone is doing well, I have intweriew on May 17, this Wednesday any suggestions will really help.

and can some tell me, is this how the call in letter is supposed to look like, I have seen other people post the photo's of their interview letter, they are different then what I have received, I hope that's not an issue.

call letter 1.jpg

5 hours ago, Aarontx90 said:

Hello Family, I hope everyone is doing well, I have intweriew on May 17, this Wednesday any suggestions will really help.

and can some tell me, is this how the call in letter is supposed to look like, I have seen other people post the photo's of their interview letter, they are different then what I have received, I hope that's not an issue.

call letter 1.jpg

Don't worry. This is normal. Just prepare for your interview. Best of luck!

I have prima facie. Waiting on biometrics. Filed 360/485/765/131.

I applied for FAFSA by mailing a paper form of FAFSA. Couldn't complete on-line because of SSN requirement.

Received denial of paper submission because of lack of SSN. Checked eligible non-citizen and supplied A-number.

I sent emails to DoE asking for guidance, no response.

Is it worthwhile to take my FAFSA denial (an unsigned letter, but Financial Aid mailing envelope) and my PF letter to SSA and request non-working SSN? I know it doesn't cost anything to try, but an SSA visit is a full day affair.

Thank you.

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 5/12/2023 at 9:40 AM, bRANKLATA said:

Hello VAWA community, 

Thank you

I think my lawyer sent mine 2 weeks ago and I just got notification that a new card is being produced. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

It is Sunday -- time for our lift-mooding Official Weekly VAWA-Thread Joke!

=============================================

LITTLE JOHNNY AND THE BULLIES

Little Johnny was always being teased by the other neighborhood boys for being stupid.

Their favorite joke was to offer Johnny his choice between a nickel and a dime.  Little Johnny always took the nickel.

One day, after Johnny took the nickel, a neighbor called him aside and said, "Johnny, those boys are making fun of you.  Don't you know that a dime is worth more than a nickel, even though the nickel is bigger?"

Johnny grinned and said, "Well, if I took the dime, they'd stop doing it -- and so far, I've made $20!"

:P 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.