2,974 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, God is a good God said:

This is the stamp I saw on the returned i601 form . What does it mean

The stamp is usually placed on every page of rejected submission, not just the form , as there was a brief , statement and evidence …you can reuse the already prepared packet to re file I-601 if/ when your I-290 B is granted or you file new I-485. Just sign again in wet ink , new date and write in “ Reaffirmed on xx/ yy/ 2023. ..

If I-290 B granted , file I-601 

If denied , then file new I-485 and I-601 concurrently/ together. 
Remember , the work has already been done, so it’s just about getting it in now..so stay strong and focused. 

10 minutes ago, Family said:

The stamp is usually placed on every page of rejected submission, not just the form , as there was a brief , statement and evidence …you can reuse the already prepared packet to re file I-601 if/ when your I-290 B is granted or you file new I-485. Just sign again in wet ink , new date and write in “ Reaffirmed on xx/ yy/ 2023. ..

If I-290 B granted , file I-601 

If denied , then file new I-485 and I-601 concurrently/ together. 
Remember , the work has already been done, so it’s just about getting it in now..so stay strong and focused. 

Thank you for your help, I really appreciate 🙏🏾

44 minutes ago, God is a good God said:

Yes, This is the RFE

This page does not have the simple instructions that say include copy of RFE but it is the RFE that constitutes the finding of inadmissibility ( also identifies Field Office as agency making the finding ..since so far neither EOIR nor VAWA unit had done so) along with determination that you qualify for a discretionary waiver..

She is wrong but she will fight you. No matter you know what to do , trust your skills and your strength. 

https://www.uscis.gov/i-601

Evidence that establishes why you may qualify for a waiver of inadmissibility, which depends on the ground(s) of inadmissibility that apply to you 

10 minutes ago, Family said:

This page does not have the simple instructions that say include copy of RFE but it is the RFE that constitutes the finding of inadmissibility ( also identifies Field Office as agency making the finding ..since so far neither EOIR nor VAWA unit had done so) along with determination that you qualify for a discretionary waiver..

She is wrong but she will fight you. No matter you know what to do , trust your skills and your strength. 

Evidence that establishes why you may qualify for a waiver of inadmissibility, which depends on the ground(s) of inadmissibility that apply to you 

What do you mean? Do you mean she was right not including the rfe in the i601 package since the page does not say so?

12 minutes ago, Family said:

If the page does not say include a copy of rfe, why do you think the package was returned?

Just now, God is a good God said:

What do you mean? Do you mean she was right not including the rfe in the i601 package since the page does not say so?

I said she was VERY WRONG and tried to clarify that even if she argues she doesn’t have to…there are  instructions in I-601 that one must include the findings of inadmissibility. ..

17 minutes ago, Family said:

It has to be included in order to show what grounds of inadmissibility ( who found them )  were found and that I-601 filing qualified.

Thank you 🙏🏾 

14 minutes ago, Family said:

But remember you are filing and focusing on I-290 B for USCIS error. Just get to working on that. 

Thanks a lot

Filed: Other Timeline
On 3/25/2023 at 9:35 PM, GeraldSG said:

Your lawyer mailed your c9 EAD renewal package to VSC? I’m guessing You have a pending VAWA with them as well, and your EAD was based on family based AOS 

I got the renewal receipt notices for i765 and i131 in exactly 28 days.

I think they're speeding things up a bit now.

12 hours ago, God is a good God said:

After I emailed her about that the reason why my i601 was returned because she didn’t include the rfe in it and didn’t include it in the package to the local office, she responded like this “We do not include an RFE notice when filing an I-601. Would you like to find another attorney to represent you? You seem convinced that this is our mistake. If your trust in my work or my office is broken, I cannot continue representing you"

OMG!! Such disappointing response from her but don’t worry. You got this. My initial VAWA application was denied with an attorney. I didn’t give up a filed on my own and got the green card myself. It took 5 years!! 
I’m glad you’re getting all the support you need here. I’m confident that you’ll celebrate in the end. I sincerely wish you success. You’ll be victorious. 

Edited by Double

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.