2,974 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Ozy7 said:

Have the same problem. Filed 2020 dec and still nothing. My mom and dad have usa visa but when my brother applied 6 months ago they denied his application. We are from turkey and I got him another interview in bahamas and he will say we have cruise tour from Miami w dad and mom. Should he bring up my vawa case or talk about it? Should I send him some paperwork:( I don’t wanna travel to turkey w ap cuz I don’t wanna take risk:( so hard. It’s been 8 years

Nope. It will make even worse. 

On 1/23/2023 at 7:50 PM, krychy said:

Thank you!

I was eligible for MediCal at the time based on my low income, so I signed up. It started with an intake and then I was recommended to a therapist in network. I was then recommended by my therapist to a psychiatrist after 3 sessions.

thannk you for sharing .

On 1/26/2023 at 6:45 PM, Sasacb said:

Another update to all members from this amazing forum ! 

Time line 
**March 2018 - filed vawa and ask the USCIS to hold the I485.

Since 2018 they never took any action on my case ‘always renewing prima facie and work permit’. I sent a lot inquires from congressman to USCIS and they always saying ‘background check’.

**July2022- I fired the lawyer who filed my case and hired a new one. The new lawyer was doing everything to make uscis take action on my case and that didn’t make any difference to USCIS they was saying background check again and again.
My new lawyer recommended that I hire another lawyer to sue USCIS ‘MANDAMUS’.

**September2022 - I hire a lawyer to sue the uscis that cost me $5k and the amazing lawyer assured me that my case would be approved based on my evidences against my abuser.

**November 2022  - vawa approved.

**December14/2022 - RFE i693 

**January26/2023 - i485 APPROVED no interview

THANK YOU THANK YOU everyone finally my journey is completed so far 🙏🙏🙏🙏

I sent my I693 to USCIS on 01/17/2023 and they approved me today 01/26/2023 .

DONT GIVE UP, I hope everyone who is passing thru this long and stressful process can enjoy from this glory 🙏🙏🙏

2FBAF77F-21E4-487C-A057-67DB15808658.jpeg

Congratulations ❤️

Hello Friends,

I have a question, i filed my vawa in nov 2020 and then i got my Biometric appointment for I-360 and I-485  in March 2021. In April 2021 i received my EAD with no fingerprint on it. I thought may be due. to some delay. I renewed my EAD last year and i still says fingerprint not available in the new card. It is a combo card, please suggest what should i do. Is it Okay to work or Travel on that card. 

26 minutes ago, Priya25 said:

Hello Friends,

I have a question, i filed my vawa in nov 2020 and then i got my Biometric appointment for I-360 and I-485  in March 2021. In April 2021 i received my EAD with no fingerprint on it. I thought may be due. to some delay. I renewed my EAD last year and i still says fingerprint not available in the new card. It is a combo card, please suggest what should i do. Is it Okay to work or Travel on that card. 

It’s ok as long as it’s combo card 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
2 hours ago, Pinkrlion said:

Did you violate your tourist visa and overstayed?  

No, never, i was and still law abiding immigrant, 8 years, never overstayed or or violated visa, currently on pending AOS (485) 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
3 hours ago, Pinkrlion said:

Did you violate your tourist visa and overstayed?  

They were asking all questions about me, my status and were trying to look me up in the system. Now if we won’t send VAWA documents they will never know why can’t find us in the system.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
6 hours ago, Aadi135 said:

No, never, i was and still law abiding immigrant, 8 years, never overstayed or or violated visa, currently on pending AOS (485) 

So how did you get your visa before VAWA. You had to either enter the country with a tourist visa J1 F1 CR1 or Fiancé Visa. 

Edited by Pinkrlion

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Just now, Ozy7 said:

Came w f1 and got my master degree and married afterwords. I just wanna see my brother it’s been 8 years….

Should I get a letter from the lawyer and kindly mention about my case? I just don’t know all I know is I have a pending vawa no criminal background,working  and paying taxes last 3 years at the same place…. Please give me some opinions 

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Ozy7 said:

Came w f1 and got my master degree and married afterwords. I just wanna see my brother it’s been 8 years….

We’re you required to return home. 

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.